SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

No Turrning Signals or Hazards

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-11, 11:34 AM
antonio356
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Turrning Signals or Hazards

Hey guys... I have a little problem.. I have a Soarer RHD (SC300/SC400 in the US) and I get no turn signals neither do I get any hazards. I have checked the fuses and they are good. Is there a relay for the blinkers? If there is a relay can someone direct me as to where I can locate it.
Old 06-06-11, 11:55 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by antonio356
Hey guys... I have a little problem.. I have a Soarer RHD (SC300/SC400 in the US) and I get no turn signals neither do I get any hazards. I have checked the fuses and they are good. Is there a relay for the blinkers? If there is a relay can someone direct me as to where I can locate it.
You may have already checked this, but make sure that the plug is installed in the back of the emergency flasher ( behind the flasher button ). If the plug is not installed, you will have no emergency flasher or turn signals. You'll need to pull out the console piece to get access to the plug ( should near the stereo head unit ).
Old 06-06-11, 12:07 PM
antonio356
Driver

Originally Posted by TeeLex
You may have already checked this, but make sure that the plug is installed in the back of the emergency flasher ( behind the flasher button ). If the plug is not installed, you will have no emergency flasher or turn signals. You'll need to pull out the console piece to get access to the plug ( should near the stereo head unit ).

I think I pretty much checked that when I did my dash kit install for the radio... However I will check it again in a few.... Any other suggestions?
Old 06-06-11, 12:58 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Is your car lowered? If you it's too low and you eat through the fender harness, you'll lose your turn signals.

Maybe it's the flasher unit? I've heard about those going bad and the turn signals quit working.
Old 06-06-11, 01:04 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by antonio356
I think I pretty much checked that when I did my dash kit install for the radio... However I will check it again in a few.... Any other suggestions?
you might have to pull this out and look to see that the connector didn't come loose on the plate they have. It should have 3-4 different plugs and it's usually behind/under the HU.
Old 06-06-11, 01:30 PM
antonio356
Driver

Originally Posted by Kira X
Is your car lowered? If you it's too low and you eat through the fender harness, you'll lose your turn signals.

Maybe it's the flasher unit? I've heard about those going bad and the turn signals quit working.
I'm not that low to rub and when I check I didn't see any damage.. It wouldn't hurt to look again though... If it is the flasher unit do you know where I can find it in the car to possible get it changed?

Originally Posted by TLDriver
you might have to pull this out and look to see that the connector didn't come loose on the plate they have. It should have 3-4 different plugs and it's usually behind/under the HU.
I will check that but like I said earlier I checked the connector to ensure they were properly seated when I installed my dash kit (that was well after the signal issue occurred) trying to also figure out my turning signal issue... I will however re-check them again in a few and let you guys know...

Thanks everyone so far for your response. I appreciate them...
Any other suggestions?
Old 06-06-11, 03:04 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Cool just remember you might need to pull the head unit out to get to the plugs I am referring to.
Old 07-24-11, 09:05 PM
antonio356
Driver

Hey guys.. Just to update you.. I've checked behind the head unit and no dice. I didn't even see what seems to be a relay.. All plugs were also inserted properly.... Anything or anyplace else that I can check?
Old 07-24-11, 09:15 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

okay, there is two plugs back there that will fit on a USDM SC3/400

One is black and one is white, the white one is the WRONG one. It needs to be the black one. I had this same issue for a few months lol.

The flasher relay on a USDM SC is on the driver's side foot well. It's dead center in the fuse box, and IIRC it's green. But it does say "flasher relay" on it. At the very least mine did.
The following users liked this post:
oemplusmor (07-29-17)
Old 07-27-11, 08:10 AM
antonio356
Driver

Lol... Thanks ihiryu.. I will search later on today or tomorrow for the unit and update..
Old 07-29-17, 03:57 AM
oemplusmor
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ihiryu
okay, there is two plugs back there that will fit on a USDM SC3/400

One is black and one is white, the white one is the WRONG one. It needs to be the black one. I had this same issue for a few months lol.
Bumping this thread for anyone with turn signals or hazard issues particularly after a radio swap/upgrade.
The hazard switch must be into the black plug. It took me weeks of tracking the issue and buying a new flasher relay with no success.

No one expects there to be an identical plug back there but when putting the center console back together after deleting the stock radio there will be infact be an extra white plug on a longer harness that is now obsolete in most cases.

Thank you ihiryu. I've combed many different forums but a good ole ClubLexus member had the solution I was searching for.

It's simple problem with a simple solution once you know what to look for.

I feel that it's sticky worthy.

Last edited by oemplusmor; 07-29-17 at 04:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
paulbot (08-08-17)