SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What made you get an sc?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-11, 06:47 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What made you get an sc?

I was just thinking last night after working on my car what made me buy an SC?
What made you buy an SC? If you had to start all over would you do thing differently?
Old 05-05-11, 06:50 AM
MKIVS374
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheaper than a MKIV.
Old 05-05-11, 07:00 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I remember looking at them in the early 2000's and thinking what a unique looking car. Of course it had the luxury L logo, but the sportyness and lines of the car are striking. I was in my early 20's then. I owned a few entry level civics at the time and worked myself up to an S2000. A few more sport cars later including a MSP, 350Z, FD RX7, and even an E55...I still found myself looking at these SC's. So my E55 was at the Mercedes dealer non stop and I finally gave up. I had searched through the club lexus classifieds 6 months prior, doing research on SC prices and realized they were affordable in cash! That's what really sold me. I could buy this really nice reliable luxury coupe and have no payments. So last March I found my '95 5spd and have been really happy with it. Even though she's given me a few issues recently, I still want to hold on and fix and mod her just for me.
Old 05-05-11, 07:02 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

the potential and platform.. great upgrade from my vq35 4th gen 5spd. Was tired of that torque steer..
Old 05-05-11, 07:05 AM
MKIVS374
Lead Lap

Easy GTE swap car.
Old 05-05-11, 07:44 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Needed to get out of the DSM game..too many broken transmissions. I was actually looking just for a reliable DD. I was looking at some Cadi's and Acuras for Luxury and my cousin pointed out a white 97 SC400. I said damn I forgot about these cars and its a Lex and I knew it had similarity's to the Supra. Car got sold so I kept looking for one and found a decent BLK 92 bought for 4500 4 yrs ago. Eventually it needed more work to keep. So I looked for a 97+ SC300. I wanted to stick with the stock 2J its a nice motor. I found a bright RED 99 SC300 about 200 miles away at a Subaru dealership and fell in love with it It was mint with only 65K. I deff paid a lil too much for it and said I wasn't going to get into modding it, but a year after I owned it and being on this damn forum the Mod Bug bit me Hard!
Old 05-05-11, 07:56 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

I had an 88 MK3 supra, hence my user name but the other 2 "i's" got cut off in registration. I was planning to do a 1jz swap into it but I had consistant problems with my 7M motor (will never own one again). I had the opportunity to buy my 95SC3 from a family friend who was the 2nd owner and took very good care of it. It has been the best car that I have ever owned! I still love it after 6 years of owning it, and now it's starting to do more things to make it much nicer

My friends and colleagues at work think I'm crazy for wanting to do the work to the car, but many of them don't understand the feeling you get when you do something nice to your car. If I were to get rid of my car I would lose out on quite a bit of custom audio work as well as a TON of dynamat. I'd rather not do that stuff all over again.
Old 05-05-11, 07:57 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Loved the car since seeing it in a radio video by biggie in 92. Red with bbs I was sold, but too much money at the time. Then when I saw ureno's car in super street in 98 I looked again. Just the right price and it can get sideways. Certified SC300 groupie from then on.
Old 05-05-11, 08:06 AM
endodonist
Driver

I saw the video "Sc Gone Wild" and started searching for one.
Old 05-05-11, 08:34 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was looking for something different after having a few Mustangs. I eventually learned of the swap potential of the SC and fell in love with it. Also, the SC is rare compared to the Civics and domestics that run around here, so I never see a car just like mine.
Old 05-05-11, 08:40 AM
CSSC400STL
Pole Position

I fell in love when my friend took me for a test drive in his 92 sc4 fun and fast luxury nice looking car that I have never heard of and seen before. So I was searching and found this Pearl white 92 sc4 but couldn't afford it so I bought my friends sc4 from him for 2k and he bought the pearl one. But I ran into problems with mine sold it to a fellow member on here. Bought a dsm didn't like it like the sc so back on the search and found a 95 sc4 with coils double din rims had to get it. So I sold my dsm got a loan and bought my car
Old 05-05-11, 08:54 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i wanted an auto DD and IT HAD TO BE RWD after my little sr s13 but now i regret not finding a 5 speed sc300 as i am bored with the DD thing haha

Last edited by iridebmx; 05-05-11 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-05-11, 08:56 AM
fazy_uk
Rookie

I was drunk in Poland and had £1000 sat burning a hole in my pocket.

Went on eBay and tried to find the cheapest obscure turbo car I could find... Soarer 2.5TT came up and I read reviews, decided I wanted a V8 and won a '91 V8 within the next hour.

Had it 3 months and it wasn't gonna pass the MOT vehicle test it had in 2 months, so I put it back on eBay... Result, got exactly what I paid.

Loved the (Poor example of a) Soarer so much that I bought a '94 V8 straight after. All the goodies... Air suspension, heated seats, touch screen etc etc.

Love it
Old 05-05-11, 08:56 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was a die hard Acura Guy i had about 15 Acura legends from 88 to 95 The last year of the Legend from coupes to sedans i had them all and yes couple of them had BHG . I always wanted a 95 LS coupe with 6 speed.

My last one was 95 LS Coupe Pearl White with Tan ,I wasn't looking for Legend when i found it and i could resist so i bought it from Hawaii from and the seller was in the navy so i didn't pay for shipping to mD.

1 month later i got Car jacked at gun point these ***holes took my car and went joy- riding for a week , they even went off roading with the coupe so one week later i got a call about the car and it was found.
Got the settlement check and didnt know what to buy for 6 month i looked at couple SCs and they were goping for $12k then i decided to buy a 1st gen GS had it for 1years i completely restored it and sold it.

This is what made me get an SC , i was looking around on the SC section and found a couple of pictures of Cherplex, Vntperformance, and Taimonkee SC pictures i was in love from that moment ... i tried looking for the pictures but i can't find it it's Two White SCs and one Black SC siting sidewayz.
That's what made me get an SCm, that's how i got in the SC game
Old 05-05-11, 09:18 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Built quite a few DSMs, but like SC51 said, they break all the goddamn time.

Sc300 is the poor man's supra. I am not rich. Here we are.

Oh and to hear that sexy, sexy engine noise an inline 6 makes.

Quick Reply: What made you get an sc?