Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc door chime?

Old 05-02-11, 01:55 AM
sc34u2nv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc door chime?

Ok so heres the problem, the door chime you recieve when the key is in the ignition will not stop until I turn the key to acc (just before you crank,cluster showing all lights) It gives a continuous chime as if the key is in the ignition even when it isn't, also the dome light when switched to the "door" position does not turn off even when door is closed.....I believe all of this happened when my father took it to get an after-market alarm installed, in which he explained was hooked up to the door somehow some way, in turn arming the alarm when the door is shut, as far as I'm concerned this chiming has become a nuisance so I ripped out the whole alarm system, however, this hasn't stopped the continuous chime, I discovered a method to turning the chime off (pulling the 10amp dome light fuse in the engine bay) however when I do pull this fuse it stops the dome from working, power door locks do not work, factory alarm doesn't engage, and the power telescoping for the steering wheel doesn't work, This is becoming more of an issue then before and is very inconvenient for me...... does ANYbody have ANY information about this? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated , Thanks.

Last edited by sc34u2nv; 05-02-11 at 03:31 AM.
Old 05-02-11, 10:37 AM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There´s a push-button-like switch in the hinge section that remains pushed when you close the door and unpushed when you open it. There is your problem. Search for that and check the wirings attached to it.
Old 05-02-11, 11:42 AM
sc34u2nv
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MMCtuner
There´s a push-button-like switch in the hinge section that remains pushed when you close the door and unpushed when you open it. There is your problem. Search for that and check the wirings attached to it.
Hey thanks for the effort it's very much appreciated however, I know what you're talking about and the SC never had that push-button with the rubber cover, I think it was somehow wired to the latch on the door itself, and If I might add, the courtesy light on the door panel senses when the door is open and closed so IDK what to think...
Old 05-02-11, 04:46 PM
broda805
Lead Lap

I'm having this issue too kinda... Even if the key is already out and I open the door it will chime for about 6 second then stop and sometimes when I just turn the engine off and haven't even open the door yet it'll go off
Old 05-02-11, 05:17 PM
saleens281
Rookie

To OP & broda805... forgive me if this sounds stupid but my girl was driving the SC the other day and soon after I realized that when I turned off the car whether the key was in the ignition or not or door open or not I received a chime for about 6 secs or so. I didn't know what it was until I realized that she accidentally had hit the tilt function on the sun roof opening it slightly. Once I closed it shut the chime was gone. Just something to think about. Hope thats your issue.

It may explain the chime but not the reason for the dome light.
Old 05-02-11, 05:20 PM
broda805
Lead Lap

Hm.. I have been using the sun roof recently and thats about when it started for me.. Ill look into it...
Old 05-02-11, 07:01 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

there's a door chime? lol glad that son of a b has not worked since i bought the car. yeah baby i hate door chimes with a passion.
Old 05-03-11, 03:42 AM
sc34u2nv
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by broda805
I'm having this issue too kinda... Even if the key is already out and I open the door it will chime for about 6 second then stop and sometimes when I just turn the engine off and haven't even open the door yet it'll go off
Originally Posted by saleens281
To OP & broda805... forgive me if this sounds stupid but my girl was driving the SC the other day and soon after I realized that when I turned off the car whether the key was in the ignition or not or door open or not I received a chime for about 6 secs or so. I didn't know what it was until I realized that she accidentally had hit the tilt function on the sun roof opening it slightly. Once I closed it shut the chime was gone. Just something to think about. Hope thats your issue.

It may explain the chime but not the reason for the dome light.

Thanks for the effort but im almost positive its not the sunroof only because I always close it, I swear this shet is like the friggin energizer bunny, just keeps goin n goin n goin....you guys are pretty lucky.. 6 seconds of chime? I could deal with that lol n broda, thats not a good sign if its not the sunroof for you either, only reason i say that is because, prior to the continuous chime it did that to me too, only it started chiming real randomly, like 6 seconds here 10 seconds there n so on n so forth.....I hope someone knows what this problem could be im getting pretty aggravated, I think in my case its somehow related to how the as*****s wired the alarm to my door, only I have no idea which wires to check
Old 05-03-11, 07:35 AM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

There is a bundle of wires coming from the door into the kick panel, I would start there. Also, since these cars don't seem to have the oldschool style door switch I imagine its connected to the hinge in the same kick panel area.
Old 05-03-11, 09:23 AM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The sunroof chime sounds like a watch alarm and doesn´t make go on or off your interior lights.
Old 05-03-11, 11:10 AM
sc34u2nv
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FatBrian81
There is a bundle of wires coming from the door into the kick panel, I would start there. Also, since these cars don't seem to have the oldschool style door switch I imagine its connected to the hinge in the same kick panel area.

Thanks for the tip bro Im gonna look into that later on today when I get home from work, one question though....you woukldnt happen to know the color of the hinge wire by chance would you? lol
Old 05-03-11, 11:15 AM
sc34u2nv
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MMCtuner
The sunroof chime sounds like a watch alarm and doesn´t make go on or off your interior lights.
Yeah, I assume since these cars were built in the 90's and IMO they were way ahead of their time, the chime indicating open sunroof is comparable to the 3 chimes in the es350 followed by a "Moonroof Open" msg, its really surprising when you add up all the features these old cars had, as I said before I think these cars were way ahead of their time. for owning an SC
Old 06-04-11, 12:29 PM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Did anyone find the cause for this? I bought an OEM courtesy switch yesterday from Lexus. I just need to find out where it goes now. I heard this may be the problem. We are having the EXACT same issues though...
Old 06-04-11, 12:33 PM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

btw, its not your alarm. I did the same thing and I had a clifford avant gaurd and had it professionally removed..only for the chime to continue. OH! And Broda, you are next bud. That's how my problem started. first 3 or 4 chimes here and there, then 10 chimes then it would not stop until the Die Hard died!
Old 08-21-11, 11:18 AM
RyanR317
Rookie

Bump...

This is my problem. Anyone ever find a solution? I do not have an aftermarket alarm and I don't think the car ever hard one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sc door chime?