SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SR built a soardrft supercar

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-11, 12:29 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by soardrft

So broke out my polisher and began the process.
How/what did you use to polish the turbo housing?
Old 07-08-11, 12:43 PM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

car is looking good!
Old 07-08-11, 09:25 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

looks great! in for results!!
Old 07-18-11, 08:54 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

FINALLY some numbers and im happy. Unfortunately the wastegate is giving me a few problems. Plus i have to finally agree with people who build these cars. YOU NEED A STANDALONE.

SR built a soardrft supercar-john1.5.jpg

This was at 16psi. This week will be adjusting the suspension, finishing up the interior, and hopefully bodykit. Pictures will be posted soon.
Old 07-18-11, 10:02 AM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Are you gonna run an AEM or what?
Old 07-27-11, 07:49 PM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Well I wish I could have really helped CL with this build, but it just was not in the stars. LONG STORY so grab you popcorn and get in a comfortable position.

So the last thread as you can see I met my power goal with less boost than expected (much more room to go). Then I moved on to suspension tuning. The suspension finally got dialed in and time for my test drive. 1St blast up the street and it was truly amazing 1st gear was ok 2nd gear was better and third threw me in my seat just by me rolling into it. So time to turn around and head back. This time I'm going to push a little harder now that I know what to expect. each gear felt like heaven. Tires spinning, sound from the greddy exhaust amazing, turbo spool freaking felt like out of this world. The best part is this is a tad over half throttle ( To scared to go full throttle on city street plus new motor). So I hit the brakes and as all of you that have read this thread know its stock calipers with ebc reds and braided lines. The car stopped on a dime. So I pull up to the shop and boy was I shaking. This is not the fastest car I have ever driven, but it is mine. So with an audience awaiting my arrival I decided to do what most dummies would do. Pop open my door old skool D1 style and start my donuts (don't try this at home). So after a few donuts I really felt the car was my best friend so we decided to make another pass down the street. This time since I was coming out of donuts in 2nd I switched to third and the whole car broke sideways (where is the camera when you need one). being that this is new and all I took my time to watch the gauges and pony it into the shop to give my review.

After many chants of this is unreal and I haven't even pushed her yet. I took a seat to get rid of the adrenaline. Yes adrenaline please readers if you happen to be shaking and a huge smile on your face and nothing else matters pull over and take deep breath.
So here was my review:
Awesome
Insane
Love it
Each rpm gives you way more power than the last.

So its not a full review seeing as how I never drove it like a normal person.

Now my adrenaline is down and time for me to walk away, but I had to drive it in normal conditions. LA traffic, stop lights, and good ol pass the cop without laughing in his face. I take it down the block going the speed limit and it just egged me on to push it. Switching gears like a grandma and now I can really pay close attention to the suspension. It rides smooth but the turbo is just begging to be used. I make a left into a freeway on ramp that I typically drift. This time I'm just going to take my time and really get in tune with the suspension. Got in the freeway and was in third. Had to merge and saw a small gap that I just knew I could make. Left it in third and like butter I was smoking a cig and listening to tunes as if there was never a gap. So switch into forth and enjoy the LA rush hour. The one day I can actually appreciate it.
As the minutes passed and me babying the car it was time to take it back and give my overall review. Now before I let you guys know the overall review. I got off the freeway going south so I can hop on the freeway going north back to the shop. No cars on this side of the freeway hmmmmmmm. So I roll into 2nd. Get it up to 5500 stitch gears no cops hit 3rd still no cops. Open her up just to feel the kick. Ease into forth. Can you guess? No cops and still no cars in the way. Partial throttle in 4th, 1/2 throttle, 3 quarters throttle. Feeling the wastegate open up, cars are in sight and coming up fast. A tad more on the throttle. Plenty of rpm left, starting to pass cars, music off, windows down CAR SHUTS OFF. WTF. Switch into 5th to let her get a rest and jump start it to continue the drive home. Test drive was a success. SR has built me a super car. Just need to find out why it shut off. I get it back to the shop for more tuning. And this is my review:
1st gear sucks torque plenty just not my cup of tea.
2nd the turbo begins to push you really hard, but its lacking being smooth (remember I'm on piggy backs)
3rd is a monster. As you can see in the curve in the dyno graph that is what you get.
4th that's what made me fall in love. All the torque and power levels out sorta and just pulls you.
5th well I took it easy so sorry ladies and gents no real review there. It has lots of torque but my exit was to close.

Now for the suspension basically jic coilovers, supra sways, and 50% tread tires. Needs more tuning. I put it on the softest setting to see if it can hold the power comfortably. End result don't turn and your fine, however it is a blast to feel the squat of the rear when taking off.
Brakes, well sure better than OEM. It feels more responsive and the pedal engages so high. Felt like I was abusing them when I would just tap the brake.

Overall this was a great build. Unfortunately it has a very sad ending. When the car shut off I should have let it coast to a stop instead I switched to 5th causing a floating valve. So time part out this amazing unfinished build. I would restore it simply because I'm so close, but have to prioritize. My girlfriend is pregnant and guess who the lucky guy is. THIS GUY....
Hate to leave CL, but ill be back.

O yea pm if you have any questions about what you would like off the car. Fire sale on a car with less than 50 miles on almost everything.

Good luck.
Old 07-27-11, 09:12 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Congrats on the baby man! But, I will be sad to see you go, great build man
Good luck with your future buddy!!
Old 07-28-11, 12:03 AM
619Rider
Pole Position

1.5 jz good
Old 07-28-11, 03:05 AM
shima
Driver School Candidate

I likie. Get some vids up
Old 07-28-11, 04:45 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on getting it on the rode It's a shame about the car , but good luck on beinging a father.. I personally would of kept it and cut the funds to it after fixing the value issue and if your not back in the comfort zone in 9 months sell the whole car to get as much of the money you put in as possible
# just saying
-Kernst
Old 07-28-11, 08:03 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

The part out is to put a smile on her face. She hates the car but loves the driver. Once we get past the nine months I will give her the "I NEED A LEXUS LOOK"
Old 07-29-11, 06:05 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

this thing is crazy, sad to see you go, but good luck with your kid and see you again
Old 07-29-11, 07:14 PM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Thank you all for the kind words best of luck to you all.
Old 07-31-11, 01:05 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Kids ruin everything. You're just now beginning to get a taste of this. Don't let it continue or you'll be the fat guy at Walmart with a *****y wife and three bratty kids in tow, wondering how the hell you got here and why you hate your life so much.

Just sayin'.
Old 07-31-11, 02:24 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get my?

Quick Reply: SR built a soardrft supercar