Search this Thread

Old 04-03-11, 04:11 AM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Made a few changes to the Soarer

Here's a link of the car before:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...92-soarer.html

I started by trying to install new exahust, but failed, the first bolt stripped, so I ceased till next time. Continued by replacing the outdated tail lights for newer kouki ones. Later in the day made a trip to a local wheel shop and ended up buying the wheels below. I had looked around in other places, but wheels were looking rough where as these looked clean with no road rash and size + offset was decent, and more importantly, they didnt' cost me an arm and a leg ($700 installed).

Wheel Size
F 18x8.5J +35
R 18x9J +35

I know the wheels aren't Work, SSR, Wald, etc..., but in my opinion they look way better then the stock 16".
Let me know what you'll think about the wheels. If you dont' like them, that's fine, you won't hurt my feelings, turst me!

More to come...
Old 04-03-11, 04:49 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they avs model 5??

They look like it... :/

I love how you bought a soarer and just launched hard into it man haha

Wanna see some dope head lights that you can have?
Have you got a yahoo japan account?
Old 04-03-11, 05:03 AM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Relapser
Are they avs model 5??

They look like it... :/

I love how you bought a soarer and just launched hard into it man haha

Wanna see some dope head lights that you can have?
Have you got a yahoo japan account?
LOL...

I can't have yahoo auction account, you need a japanese bank account and unless I'm married to a Japanese chic(which am not), I won't be having one cause they won't allow Americans or foreigners to have one. However, I have a few friends that buy stuff for me on the auctions. I've probably spent hours browsing all the jzz30, 1jz-gte pages and so far haven't really seen any head lights that caught my eye. On the wheels, I really needed something bigger than 16", the car is lowered and 16 wasn't going to cut. These will do for now until I decide which wheels I really want to buy, cause whatever I buy, i'll be installing on my future SC back in the US, so I have to make sure I really, really like them, so yeah. Until then, embrace my GT-R look alike wheels.
Old 04-03-11, 05:11 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You would never read about it but someone finally bought them.

The seller has had these up for sale for nearly 3months... And they are finally sold..

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view...title=30%20LED

Polished inside outside lenses
Permanent on indicator
Custom led inserts
Halo rings around projectors
F50 cima Gatling gun projector retrofit into the highbeams...

120 bucks for entire set.
Old 04-03-11, 10:18 AM
kraven9
Lead Lap

^Those headlights look great. To the OP not really feeling the wheels but it's your car. What do you have planned next?
Old 04-03-11, 10:18 AM
kraven9
Lead Lap

I just clicked the original link and they do look better than the stocks you had on before...lol
Old 04-03-11, 02:04 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

For 700 bucks why didn't you go for some xxr?
Old 04-03-11, 02:19 PM
blacksc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i personally like those wheels sumtin id use haha but maybe run it with a spacer and maybe in black? jussayin haha

and those headlights are sick but sumtin tht could easily be fabbed at low easy price, i can give a shot at makin if anyone wants me to try (not thread jacking :P)
Old 04-03-11, 03:04 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

clean i want those jdm mud flaps!
Old 04-03-11, 04:11 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not feeling them, i prefer the stock wheels over those.
Old 04-03-11, 05:25 PM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kraven9
^Those headlights look great. To the OP not really feeling the wheels but it's your car. What do you have planned next?
Probably install the exahust mufflers that are laying in my garage, would give the rear a nice face lift.

Originally Posted by kraven9
I just clicked the original link and they do look better than the stocks you had on before...lol
I totally agree, rides better too!

Originally Posted by N00bie909
For 700 bucks why didn't you go for some xxr?
These came with tires already. I think I would have spent >$700 for 4 XXR 526 wheels, plus the wait time.

Originally Posted by blacksc4
i personally like those wheels sumtin id use haha but maybe run it with a spacer and maybe in black? jussayin haha
and those headlights are sick but sumtin tht could easily be fabbed at low easy price, i can give a shot at makin if anyone wants me to try (not thread jacking :P)

It would rub if I use spacers in the back, there's like .0001 mm left between the tire and the fender. I told my wife I was going to paint them black, she said no more projects. lol

Originally Posted by jadu
clean i want those jdm mud flaps!
PM me, I can hook you up....for a fee of course.

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Not feeling them, i prefer the stock wheels over those.
Not me brother, with the car being lowered, it was rubbing against the massive speed bumps around here. No worries though, this is temporary. I hope to have somthing nicer by years end.
Old 04-16-11, 04:32 AM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

So this past Thursday I decided to change my serpentine belt cause it was cracked all over (good idea) First off, I couldn't beleive I had to take the freaking battery out just to do this, what a pain in the a$$, but I'm glad I did it though.
As I took the battery out, the first thing I noticed was the intake pipe not attached to the coupler. I was like no wonder the car had some lag, but since I'v never owned this type of engine before I couldn't tell, so yeah, that alone shold give me some extra ponnies. After my massive vacuum leak discovery I decided to keep changing stuff that I thought would be easy, like valve cover gaskets, pvc valve and such. BTW, taking these things off was a pain as well, I guess it'll take more practice, but any how...check out my next surprise:

Yeah...I was like damn! Why can people just go out and get another valve cover instead of doing crap like this. That back corner wasn't even tight enough cause my spark plug was getting wet as a result of this. So I ended up having to hit the junk yard on Friday morning (took off from work) and found me a replacement:

I also found a front lip for my car and some FPR side skirts, bought them, but don't like the fitment or how they look on the car, the side skirts that is. They were cheap, that's why I bought them.

Here's a side pic of the lip on the car:

I also added this steering wheel; mine was worn out and this one feels much better. Not fan of the wood tone, but it will do until I find a black one. I'll be giving this to a friend of mine that collects wood grain steering wheels.

And needed to add this for my straining neck:

So I had a busy past two and half days with my car, the valve covers are now back on and everything looks thight and good to go, hopefully tomorrow I can take her out for a spin and see how it runs. Should be fun!

More to come on this mini-project of mine. Later!
Old 04-16-11, 05:17 AM
Mr.1.5
Lead Lap

Wheels look great compared to stock or those terrible looking high offset IS wheels that people run. However they do need fatter tires in the back.
Old 04-16-11, 05:29 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking good man. I think the wheels are a decent improvement, but man that steering wheel looks kinda strange in there. It looks like it belongs in an old Camaro, or jacked up Scottsdale LOL.
Old 04-16-11, 06:19 AM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Looking good man. I think the wheels are a decent improvement, but man that steering wheel looks kinda strange in there. It looks like it belongs in an old Camaro, or jacked up Scottsdale LOL.
lol

I couldn't get the hub alone, they sold it as a combo with the wheel, so I had to buy it. Good excuse to get rid of the crusty stock steering wheel. My buddy will be getting this wood grain steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Made a few changes to the Soarer