Wonder wth... Do i do!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-11, 01:01 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Wonder wth... Do i do!!!

so here is the issue at hand:

i have a 94 sc300 originally automatic i bought another (GE) engine and tranny swap for the car that came with a W58 and right before installing it said F it mine as well go big or go home. so i bought a soarer r154 (latest series) and so happened to pic up a RPS stage 3 dual diaphragm clutch for the tranny. after doing some research came to the conclusion the clutch might be a bit to much for the motor by causing crank walk....

so i caught word on a clutch disable which is to let the car be able to start with out the clutch having to be pressed down.

Conflict:
my swap didn't come with the little button that needs to be pressed to allow the car to start. but it came with the wire harness and i noticed 1 wire in the whole harness that was cut but tied together i guess so it wont be hard to find/lost (BROWN).

may that be the wire for the safety switch if not what would i have to do?

any advice would be greatly appreciated,
-Kernst
Old 02-26-11, 02:36 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

the wire that's cut and looped is probably for the neutral safety sooooo it should start without the clutch being pushed in. and the crank walk issue is just with the 7mgte with the r154. as far as i know it doesn't occur with JZ engines.
Old 02-26-11, 03:35 AM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
and the crank walk issue is just with the 7mgte with the r154. as far as i know it doesn't occur with JZ engines.

Oh nooo, Crank walk is definitely an issue with the 2JZ as well.. Here's even a sticky from SF discussing it...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...-Documentation
Old 02-26-11, 04:45 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

bro its a MUST to disable neutral safety switch when using any other pressure plate other then stock or else its just a matter of time for crankwalk.... if i was you i would go with a act heavy duty pressure plate with a 6 puck sprung disk , its a abit less harsh then the rps
Old 02-26-11, 06:40 AM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crank walk?!?! Am I on a dsm forum? Lol...
Old 02-26-11, 07:23 AM
EliteICind
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crankwalk

Lol, That ****s not funny, I got that on my FWD GST Eclipse. And I plan on getting a 2jzgte, I also interested in a clutch and lighten flywheel, so ACT clutch kit sounds good to me. But crankwalk on these cars, you'd got to be kidding me. I bout to read up on that link. Mitsu what a peice of poo!
Old 02-27-11, 02:29 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Oh nooo, Crank walk is definitely an issue with the 2JZ as well.. Here's even a sticky from SF discussing it...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...-Documentation
damn Jerome that thread made my head hurt alittle...

Originally Posted by lexforlife
bro its a MUST to disable neutral safety switch when using any other pressure plate other then stock or else its just a matter of time for crankwalk.... if i was you i would go with a act heavy duty pressure plate with a 6 puck sprung disk , its a abit less harsh then the rps
i feel you on that... but then again there isn't a return policy on my clutch
but if i could make it through this clutch i will definitely get something less harsh...PROMISE

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
the wire that's cut and looped is probably for the neutral safety sooooo it should start without the clutch being pushed in. and the crank walk issue is just with the 7mgte with the r154. as far as i know it doesn't occur with JZ engines.
i hope your right but then again i don't know for a fact if the cut wire means the clutch neutral is disabled.
do you have a wire diagram that i could use to confirm?