SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1jz vs 2jz

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-11, 08:49 PM
SoarerJZ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz vs 2jz

Right now i have a Sc300 manual that is stock and the first thing i want to do to it is swap in a 1jz, but before i do that i really want to know the difference between 2jz and 1jz. I know some differences but i want to make sure i know everything so please help me out
Old 02-07-11, 09:05 PM
americk22
Driver

use the search....but Im going 1j right now and if you goal is 450-500 whp than 1jz is great and cheap.
Old 02-07-11, 09:08 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any of you guys answer this you should be banned from CL.
Attached Thumbnails 1jz vs 2jz-6-use-search-before-posting.jpg  
Old 02-07-11, 09:09 PM
SoarerJZ
Rookie

yeah well cant you upgrade the 2j the same way?
Old 02-07-11, 09:11 PM
SoarerJZ
Rookie

I've searched it up before but they don't tell me enough, i want to know everything there is about the differences
Old 02-07-11, 09:12 PM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Don't bother, use the money to put a single turbo on your 2jz. You'll make more power than with a straight swap, you'll have less piping to mess with, and if you spend a little more on your turbo you'll have something way nicer than the ceramic turbos on the 1jz. When I first decided on a 300 I thought I'd switch it to factory twin turbos but after more research its just not worth it.
Old 02-07-11, 09:18 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

LOL
FatBrian, nice way to answer a question that has been talked about since the beginning of time. Dont make guys who just joined and then start posting all the same questions over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over because you just have to cater to their whim.
Old 02-07-11, 09:18 PM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

sorry

6 7 8 9 10
Old 02-07-11, 09:23 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lfrers
LOL
FatBrian, nice way to answer a question that has been talked about since the beginning of time. Dont make guys who just joined and then start posting all the same questions over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over over and over, and over because you just have to cater to their whim.
maybe so but if they search they will find just as much bad information on the 1jz swap as good.

1jz non vvt-i has got some really crappy turbos, better off just building up your 2jz.
Old 02-07-11, 09:26 PM
SoarerJZ
Rookie

All in all you can make 2jz the same as 1jz right? But then why is 1jz so popular for swaps between a 2j and 1j????
Old 02-07-11, 09:28 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

BS brosef. Seriously. Not sure why I care but I'm simply amazed at how lazy people are. No one even wants to read anymore and there are sooooo many people here, like you, who are new too by the way that want to spoon feed all the other new guys.

Dont give me that about bad info. Read it all then ask questions later. dont just say oh please tell me all there is to know about the difrences between 1J and 2J.

READ
Old 02-07-11, 09:31 PM
SoarerJZ
Rookie

Trust me I've been researching ALOT i just want to know other peoples opinions about this so just chill...
Old 02-07-11, 09:35 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Trust me? hehe
Why not just ask questions about SPECIFIC things you did not get from reading all the threads on 1js & 2 js on CL.

Do that instead and you wont catch any flack.
Old 02-07-11, 09:48 PM
SoarerJZ
Rookie

I've been hearing that 1jz could absorb more power and is more reliable but if i would like to upgrade more stuff to the 1j would it be more $$$ then the 2jz?
Old 02-07-11, 09:49 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Look I say this because this is a club of people who put effort, sometimes a lot of effort, in step by step and DIY threads to make it easier on the rest of the community here. Hopefully later down the line when you are able to contribute a thread on something you do, you do a write up and post your pics too for the benefit of the other members. Dont just ignore all the work done by other members here just because you want an answer now and don't want to read.

Quick Reply: 1jz vs 2jz