SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Where are all the knock off vertex ridge kits gone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-11, 09:18 AM
JDMJoe239
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TecnoSmurf
Spare me the typical CL bull. Just help me find what im looking for.

I already have the kit on my car and I need a new front bumper.

AND this will be my 4th bumper................. do you have any idea how much i would have spent had i bought the real one. I have a car that gets driven it doesn't sit in the garage.

And my raceon kit fit pretty dam good for only costing me 750.

Let also not forget i have real pieces on my car too and i ask people to point to them.... they never can.
considering vertex bumpers have been run over at like 80mph and are still in one piece aside from a few scratches id say soon you're going to end up spending more on knock offs than the real thing.

http://www.vertex-usa.com/no-knockof...entic-products

Last edited by JDMJoe239; 12-11-11 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-12-11, 09:36 AM
cfhoods
Former Sponsor

Default Running over fiberglass bumper at 80mph

I think that's more of a fluke, that the bumper survived being run over at 80mph.

Even original fiberglass Nismo bumpers, dry carbon jgtc bumpers are destroyed on impact, but sure sometimes they might survive a collision if everything is right. I wouldn't count on it as being an absolute outcome though.

Not to say that Vertex isn't good quality, it's very good.
Old 12-12-11, 12:51 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cfhoods

[/URL]
lol the edge and corner of that fender is horrible. whatever is saved in the body kit will be spent 5x over in body work to get it up to par with the real deal.
Old 12-19-11, 11:26 AM
cfhoods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
lol the edge and corner of that fender is horrible. whatever is saved in the body kit will be spent 5x over in body work to get it up to par with the real deal.
Yes it needs more body work, but what your stating isn't even close to reality.

The difference would be:
($3235 -1275= $1960 "x5" = $9800)

"$9800 of extra work" , I don't know where you take your car, but you need to find a competent body shop that works with fiberglass / body filler.

Even assuming you buy the original, the original rear quarter panels need to be glassed in to look proper, which is going to be a lot of labor even on the original. It is highly unlikely the shop is going to charge thousands more to fix a dime sized area of a corner when they are re-fiberglassing the rear half the the car anyways.

Last edited by cfhoods; 12-19-11 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-19-11, 12:53 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i was being hyperbolic, but im sure you knew that. thats just one piece i noticed and i could go on and on, but ill reserve my comments.

Last edited by Kohinoor; 12-19-11 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-19-11, 02:16 PM
scguy
Driver

Default its because u did it urself

im not the smartest guy n the world or the sharpest knife n the box, but there is a reason they say PERFENSIONALLY INSTALTION REQUIRED most people and drill a few holes, use a few bolts sure, but the reason u wnt it installed by a body shop is because they NEVER COME PERFECT, unless u buy a engineerd polyurethaine kit, thats why those r so expensive they r made by computers 4 exact fitment fiberglasss on the other hand r not and u need to install on car make marks to add or to remove material to make gaps correct or fitment better most people think oh im just gna put it on and bam its gna b perfect but it never will b there is ok, like crap, and perfect so if u wnt it to b perfect buy it and take to some1 who knws how to do body wrk and u will see they can take that same bumper and make perfect 4 ur car and it will look right thats all i can say on that subject

Last edited by scguy; 12-19-11 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-19-11, 02:45 PM
airmax
Pole Position

what does that run on sentence say?
Old 12-19-11, 02:46 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scguy
im not the smartest guy n the world or the sharpest knife n the box, but there is a reason they say PERFENSIONALLY INSTALTION REQUIRED most people and drill a few holes, use a few bolts sure, but the reason u wnt it installed by a body shop is because they NEVER COME PERFECT, unless u buy a engineerd polyurethaine kit, thats why those r so expensive they r made by computers 4 exact fitment fiberglasss on the other hand r not and u need to install on car make marks to add or to remove material to make gaps correct or fitment better most people think oh im just gna put it on and bam its gna b perfect but it never will b there is ok, like crap, and perfect so if u wnt it to b perfect buy it and take to some1 who knws how to do body wrk and u will see they can take that same bumper and make perfect 4 ur car and it will look right thats all i can say on that subject
Word? I couldn't understand every word but I think I understand why you say you're not the "sharpest knife n the box" or why its better for you to get it done professionally. I agree 100%. If you can't do it right, pay someone to do it.
Old 12-19-11, 02:56 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cfhoods
"$9800 of extra work" , I don't know where you take your car, but you need to find a competent body shop that works with fiberglass / body filler.
question, isn't that pics of your company's kit that youre promoting? It looks like they need to find a competent body shop as well.... I mean if you're going to show those pictures, at least have the kit fitting nice. And body filler? Why are you just rivetting a widebody kit on and painting over it without doing it properly?
Old 12-19-11, 03:30 PM
airmax
Pole Position

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Why are you just rivetting a widebody kit on and painting over it without doing it properly?
because racecar.
Old 12-19-11, 05:31 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by airmax
because racecar.
ahhh that would explain the paint on the rear window rubber...

Old 12-19-11, 07:16 PM
breadbeat
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did the cops show up to write you a ticket for littering?

Old 12-19-11, 11:16 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
question, isn't that pics of your company's kit that youre promoting? It looks like they need to find a competent body shop as well.... I mean if you're going to show those pictures, at least have the kit fitting nice. And body filler?
I agree 100%

CFhoods from the first time ive seen them advertising has had some terrible pictures representing their products.

If the company making these products cant get them installed and fitting properly, why would I even bother.

Seems like its some sort of company based out of a guys garage or backyard type deal.

Originally Posted by breadbeat
Did the cops show up to write you a ticket for littering?

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They couldnt even find a set of nicely fitting wheels to promote their product, its unreal how half assed they are .
Old 12-20-11, 12:12 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scguy
Really?? The Corvette is just one example of a car that has fiberglass body panels from the factory. And they seem to fit perfect. Strange...
Old 12-20-11, 05:23 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys need to realize that CFHoods, Race On USA, GTP International, AeroKits.net, and whatever else is was called, is all the same molds.

Quick Reply: Where are all the knock off vertex ridge kits gone?