Interior: Teaser.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-11, 08:53 AM
QwkSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Interior: Teaser.

My next big Project: Redo the Interior.

-All Leather Reupholstered with Black Stiching.
-Lextech Lighting cluster: Blue With red needles.
-Lextech Climate Control: Blue Buttons with White Screen.
-All Brown trim redone/Dyed in Black.
-Black Suede Rear Deck
-New Black Floormats
-Fixing small things(Broken door handles, trim falling off, etc)
Old 01-31-11, 09:45 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

that's gonna look pro! is this an on going project your doing yourself?
Old 01-31-11, 10:04 AM
QwkSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jadu
that's gonna look pro! is this an on going project your doing yourself?
I will handle a few things, redoing the woodgrain, fixing little stuff, installing the wheel. But the reupholstery and black trim pieces will be done by my interior guy who restores camaro, GTO, Corvette, etc interiors.
Old 01-31-11, 10:12 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

That sounds awesome! I can't wait to see it finished!
Old 01-31-11, 10:18 AM
OaklandLex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone is upgrading their steering wheel! That's gonna be my next interior mod but those darn things are expensive. But yea can't wait to see it finished
Old 02-01-11, 09:00 PM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

NIce .. love those airbags especially in black
Old 02-01-11, 09:06 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by QwkSC
I will handle a few things, redoing the woodgrain, fixing little stuff, installing the wheel. But the reupholstery and black trim pieces will be done by my interior guy who restores camaro, GTO, Corvette, etc interiors.
Unless you want new woodgrain for *insert reason here*, you can polish yours and it will shine up real nice. When I lived in the DFW area I did a number of SC's for customers. Their old wood just needed removed from the car and polished with a wood polish, then I coated it with some Meguiars #26. Used a low speed Mothers Power Ball to do the trick. So if its just shine you are after or a "shiny-er" finish, and not a color change, then this would be the route to go.
Old 02-02-11, 07:37 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black on tan? Nice.

But carefully choose your scheme across door panels and dash. I've seen some black on tan interiors with WAY too much contrast.
Old 02-02-11, 08:07 AM
QwkSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
Unless you want new woodgrain for *insert reason here*, you can polish yours and it will shine up real nice. When I lived in the DFW area I did a number of SC's for customers. Their old wood just needed removed from the car and polished with a wood polish, then I coated it with some Meguiars #26. Used a low speed Mothers Power Ball to do the trick. So if its just shine you are after or a "shiny-er" finish, and not a color change, then this would be the route to go.
I should have been more specific, I am thinking of replacing it with either carbon fiber or some kind of stone (think granite trim like in a bugatti)

But anyways, this is on hold. My transmission started slipping yesterday, so I am currently trying to find a shop to handle a W58 swap.
Old 02-02-11, 08:42 AM
LexuswanaB
Driver School Candidate

can't wait to see the outcome.... most SCs I see have a pretty ate up interior

mine will be a dedicated highway queen so most will be replaced with something lighter.
good luck though
Old 02-02-11, 04:57 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am awaiting for the progress pictures. Love the center airbag so far. Let the modding begin.
Old 02-02-11, 06:45 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

I should have been more specific, I am thinking of replacing it with either carbon fiber or some kind of stone (think granite trim like in a bugatti)

But anyways, this is on hold. My transmission started slipping yesterday, so I am currently trying to find a shop to handle a W58 swap.
i dont mean to be rude but please dont do carbon fiber, it looks terrible.

Im sorry but its true.

Anyways good luck either way and thanks for sharing, nice steering wheel as well.
Old 02-02-11, 07:25 PM
OaklandLex
Pole Position

^that was an airbag lol
Old 02-11-11, 04:52 PM
QwkSC
Lexus Test Driver

UPDATE
Got her out of the trans shop today and began work

Purchased SC430 wheel to complete Wheel setup. (Thanks HIL) Bids eye Maple. Not my particular favorite but it will do.

Also removed center console, sanded, and painted it flat black. Used Rustoleum for it because I am hoping it will hold up to wear better than SEM, also gives it a nice subtle texture, which I like.

One question, does anyone know how to remove the center mirror? It looks like it's held on by a screw pretty tight, want to be sure of the correct method before I break something.

Next week or the week after, she will be going to get the CEL and Brake light fixed.
After that it's onto the interior shop to get the leather reupholstered and the brown vinyl SEM'd Black.
Lights will go to Lextech and I will go to the dealership to pick up some black floormats.

Only thing left on my list is black suede for the rear deckled and deciding on what to do with the woodgran.

Last edited by QwkSC; 02-11-11 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-11-11, 05:43 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

UPDATE
Got her out of the trans shop today and began work

Purchased SC430 wheel to complete Wheel setup. (Thanks HIL) Bids eye Maple. Not my particular favorite but it will do.

Also removed center console, sanded, and painted it flat black. Used Rustoleum for it because I am hoping it will hold up to wear better than SEM, also gives it a nice subtle texture, which I like.

One question, does anyone know how to remove the center mirror? It looks like it's held on by a screw pretty tight, want to be sure of the correct method before I break something.

Next week or the week after, she will be going to get the CEL and Brake light fixed.
After that it's onto the interior shop to get the leather reupholstered and the brown vinyl SEM'd Black.
Lights will go to Lextech and I will go to the dealership to pick up some black floormats.

Only thing left on my list is black suede for the rear deckled and deciding on what to do with the woodgran.
Are you going to paint the two ***** on the center console black too and what will you do about the text on them? Will you be painting over that?

Quick Reply: Interior: Teaser.