Rear strut brace, who has one ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-10, 09:32 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by | evaN |
At least it's a decent brand and not some egay special
Further proving my theory of just because its JDM tight yo, doesn't make it good...

Last edited by RedPhoenix; 12-24-10 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-24-10, 09:39 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Well get to work. Then maybe ill buy one of YOUR's. The people that have the one I made are satisfied with what they got & said it makes a difference. But who know's maybe they are lying. So far everybody comments & show's me how to make it better but doesnt put any time & effort into making it happen.
Old 12-24-10, 08:20 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Well get to work. Then maybe ill buy one of YOUR's. The people that have the one I made are satisfied with what they got & said it makes a difference. But who know's maybe they are lying. So far everybody comments & show's me how to make it better but doesnt put any time & effort into making it happen.
I never commented on how to make yours better. The idea of strut bars and that Tanabe is what I was talking about.

For my Supra, I wound up stitch welding the car to make it stiffer and forgoing a strut bar entirely.

I enjoy that you made these for others, spreading joy to the community. Also yours is 100 times better than the Tanabe one, that is pure garbage and a waste of time and money.
Old 12-24-10, 08:47 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
I never commented on how to make yours better. The idea of strut bars and that Tanabe is what I was talking about.

For my Supra, I wound up stitch welding the car to make it stiffer and forgoing a strut bar entirely.

I enjoy that you made these for others, spreading joy to the community. Also yours is 100 times better than the Tanabe one, that is pure garbage and a waste of time and money.
I wasnt aiming my comment @ you man. More like Cleanshots. Its just that every since I designed & made these off of a picture I saw, which took alot of r&d time, then sourcing the people/resources to make it all happen. Ive been getting alot of that crap will not work comments & people telling me how to make it better, & how easy it would be to just change it & how cheep it is to make it. Its just frustrating, cause its just not that easy & cheep to do. It kinda feels like all your effort is just kicked to the dirt. People that have not driven there SC with one in there car, cant REALLY say that it doesnt work, cause they just dont know. Just cause it looks like it doesnt work doesnt meen that it doesnt. Its whatever. Someone should ask Tacomonkey to give his opinion of what he thinks of it & if he thinks it was worth it.

Last edited by spdrcr771; 12-25-10 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-12-11, 12:22 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Here is another person, that is putting forth the effort to try and make his own. Check it out.

http://sterlz.wordpress.com/2011/02/06/much-progress/
Old 02-12-11, 04:36 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^thanks man, you were the inspiration to begin with

I havent welded it yet, as I'm going to add 2 more sections to really brace things up

Here is a quick MS Paint drawing of the idea

Old 02-12-11, 07:25 PM
VinnyMac
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh...never thought about that. That should work out really well
Old 02-12-11, 07:55 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is what use to be on sale on yahoo japan. bought mines for $100 for *****s and giggles cause a friend was getting something from japan too. it made no difference whatsoever on the track or even street driving. Most likely going to toss it out or sell it once I get a full cage welded in during my swap.
Old 02-13-11, 12:22 AM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Candela
^^^thanks man, you were the inspiration to begin with

I havent welded it yet, as I'm going to add 2 more sections to really brace things up

Here is a quick MS Paint drawing of the idea

At first my concern was the mounting bracket. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have it the two where they are now plus another one like a triangle to make it stable? It seems like it would twist and the whole bar thing would be useless.

But if you are going to put that long bar, where would it be mount to? It wasn't clear in the picture as it doesn't show both side all the way where it mounts to. I still feel spdrcr771's is more effective. (not bashing or anything. Just putting comments to make it better). Wish I have the skills, resources to weld and stuff hehehee

If it leans by the quarter pannel, I'm pretty sure you'll have a dent on there on both sides when the car twists from hard cornering/drifting or whatever.
Old 02-13-11, 06:06 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Hahaha do you know how many side G's you would have to hit to actually PULL the panel in? thats nuts dude. Good luck trying to hit that many G's in your sc300 LOL besides it wouldnt be on the back sides of the quarter panel, thats still like a good foot away dude. I'm moutning it onn the sides of the trunk section, right next to the trunk shocks are perfectly flat rectangular spaces, go take a look in your car.

Regardless of how you THINK it looks, the tanabe, my strut bar, and spdrcr771 will all make a difference. It is a brace that connects the two strut tower bars together, you have to realize exactly what that does, and what it's like without one being there.

Im adding the two sections to make up for the minimal inclination of my design, which is just under 45 degrees, not too shabby. Thats mostly in part due to the design of the end plates, and how the mounting point is elevated, similar to tanabe's design except theirs reaches up much higher.

Case in point, if there is a chassis-gap between the two rear strut towers, a brace will ALWAYS make a difference. Guys with JZA80 Supras don't feel much differences with a rear strutbrace, cause there is a huge block of chassis right in between the two.

I'm not trying to mass produce this though, this is just for my own benefit, If I the means to do so perhaps I would, just like spdrcr771
Old 02-13-11, 07:13 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

LIKE DIS? AMIDOINITRITE????!!

MINE EVEN HAS OPEN-AIR-SUB TO GAS TANK BRACE, BEAT THAT

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 02-14-11 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-14-11, 12:29 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

The only thing I can say is, I think you need heavier tubing. Check out metalsupermarkets.com see if there is one near you. Thats where I go to get my stuff. They can get whatever you want. Im going to get my 2 x 4ft sheet of 3/16ths T6 probably this week. Its like $100.

Last edited by spdrcr771; 02-14-11 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-14-11, 11:00 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Thanks, that is a great source, I didnt even know about that place. Once I finish with the materials I have I will probably remake it, like you said heavier tubing would help.
Old 02-16-11, 06:18 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
LIKE DIS? AMIDOINITRITE????!!

MINE EVEN HAS OPEN-AIR-SUB TO GAS TANK BRACE, BEAT THAT
you forgot the tri-force of power in there