SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So I guess Jhot is closing shop?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-10, 07:50 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

So, it's looking like I'll either have to go USDM 2JZ-GTE or NA-T now....

I might start looking for a Corvette or something to fill my need for speed... That or buy a boosted SC from someone else.
Old 12-17-10, 08:16 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

y are u guys so P^$#y about vvti motors
Old 12-17-10, 08:49 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who said anything about vvti motors?
Old 12-17-10, 09:32 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t70 supra
WTF are you talking about? HTF does your comment relate to JHOT?
Old 12-17-10, 09:44 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Question

Are those easy to find?
Old 12-17-10, 10:07 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Who said anything about vvti motors?
Lol this dude is always talking about 1JZVVTi lol i mean in every post.

You can still get some clean JDm engine for JDm engine Zone in NY i bought my 1JZ from them 2 years ago they sell some really good engines.
And these guys are local to me really stand up guys.
http://quantum-auto.com/store/index....chk=1&Itemid=1
Old 12-17-10, 11:02 AM
240sxrb30
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

zerolift autolab is another good shop from what i hear coming form the nissan guys.
Old 12-17-10, 11:19 AM
Cleet
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called zerolift a few months ago when I was ready to buy a 1J cause they're close to me and nobody bothered to call me back... so a few days later I drove to ATL with cash in hand to buy one. Bad business on their part.
Old 12-17-10, 12:05 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kira X
Are those easy to find?
They seem to be almost as plentiful as the standard motors now. They are fine engines for sure, but are little more involved in the wiring department. Also, the 2jz version is slightly less stout as far as rods go IIRC.

Tuning them is more challenging, and finding a tuner stateside to tune one seems a little more difficult.

I think the 2jz VVTI is DBW which means even more wiring fun. I'm not sure if the 1jz is DBW or not.

One good thing is that the vvti engines are newer generation stuff which will almost always mean lower miles.

Long story short, yes they can be found, they can be swapped, and they can make power. Its just EASIER and a little cheaper to go with the non-vvti engines.
Old 12-17-10, 12:14 PM
3UZFTE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad, I've had good experience buying 2GS parts from JHot.
Old 12-17-10, 01:03 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does relate to jhot and cause i oriangally tried to get my motor through them. yes

2 the reason i talk about the motor so much for the simple fact is whats going to happen when u run out of those old 1jz? riddle me that

na-t swaps with 300K plus oem motors thats a luagh in it self and yes i know thiers 1 memeber with 300k boosted i been here for that long

3 the motor is far batter and flows better than the standerd 1j thers tons of parts already made

it seems like everyone that bought a 1jz this year (non vvti) has posted somthing about the motor not acting right hence problem. ( not picking on the people that have engine plomblems)

sorry if i keep posting about my motor but this is the last of the 1jz motors series. there will be no more and thiers tons of parts out here u just have to find them. but hey dont take my word for it. i only bought the motor for the simple fact that i knew where to find what i needed. I took the time to find every part that i wanted from the down pipe to the coil pack. so i am sorry if ur lack of motor or band wagon knowladge is limited. and u borrow ideas from everyone car to get your stuff right. granted my car might not be done for awhile when it is done u will want a vvti have u not seen the stock vvti vs the reg 1j dyno's. i dont have to speak any more.

but for those of u intrested peep my thread. also ask cartmill turbo819 and a few others

thiers nothing wrong with buying a used motor but u get what u research and pay for

and yota is still making complete vvti off the shelf for 4200.00 complete

i am sorry if i dont d ride people motors on here or cars i dont. if you and other memebers do thats cool by me birds of a feather flock togather

Last edited by t70 supra; 12-17-10 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-17-10, 01:09 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

does rerlate to jhot and cause i oriangally trired to get my motor through them.

2 the reason i talk about the motor so much for the simple fact is whats going to happen when u run out of those old 1jz?

riddle me that
I don't think the engines will run out just harder to find if that
Old 12-17-10, 01:33 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I thought this thread was about jhot not how much newer vvti motors are.
who cares if we run out of 1jz's, there are plenty of 2jzgte's around and plenty of n/a 2jz's with alot less miles than some of the older motors the bad importers stick you with sometimes. I had never heard of Jhot giving someone a terrible swap and almost every swap i saw online has documented mileage from them so I am not happy to see them leave, I used to browse their inventory all the time, they always had the cleanest stuff.
Old 12-17-10, 01:43 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whhaaaaa ? LoL
Old 12-17-10, 01:47 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Sure nuff. I got my swap from them and I think I must have their last 2jz swap since it was the only ZJ set on their last container. At any rate, I am very happy with their service, the completeness of the swap, the price etc. I know ALOT of members on here bought from them and were happy with the motors, so it really is a bummer to see them go.

Just before I came around here, Jarco was one of the big names and it sucked to see them go as well. It is just a sign of the changing times I think. Exchange rates, smog laws, import regulation etc. Its getting tough to source some parts that just a few years ago were dime-a-dozen.

Quick Reply: So I guess Jhot is closing shop?