SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

can i bypass my heater control valve

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-14, 06:12 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

^^ fstlane, I don't know if the HCV assemblies are different or the same between the SC and GS but there is a near-factory fix for the SC HCV:

Go to an auto parts store and buy an Everco #74636 heater valve and refer to these threads:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...l-valve-4.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...t-numbers.html

The Everco requires that you modify one side of it in order to mount it into the same location as the SC heater valve and you must swap over the arm on the SC valve assembly but it is like a direct replacement part for the SC HCV assembly. Costs $35 or less most places.

Good luck!
Old 01-25-23, 07:34 AM
pishta
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My heater was blowing cold outside air and it was 40 out on the way home from the desert, WTF? Pulled into In-n-out for a burger and some reasearch on the phone. Found you can just jump the manifold vacuum line off the control inlet straight to the top of the vacuum pot. It takes 15 seconds and is reversible. Had heat all the way home. My electric servo was shot so I found one off a Honda for $5 at the junk yard and grafted that into the SC bracket. worked for 10 years like that.

>>> UPDATE>>> Now this is not working any longer. I wonder if my vacuum pot went out? I have not checked the vacuum through the Honda adapted switch as the car is not here. Where is the heater core, can it be removed without 5 hours of work?

Last edited by pishta; 01-28-23 at 05:13 PM.