SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Would you trade your sc400 for a...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-10, 11:13 PM
Gazootech
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey your dad is going to take care of you w/ the BMW. You can always get another sc.
Old 12-11-10, 11:20 PM
Gazootech
Rookie

Your dad will take care of the BMW. You can always get another sc.
Old 12-12-10, 08:43 AM
ucmysc400
Pole Position

Keep the lexi !
Old 12-12-10, 11:26 AM
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BlackSteel
Really? You think I'm some stuck up ***** that doesn't know how lucky i am to have a lexus or a bmw at 16, is it my fault that my dad thinks i deserve one, i get really tired of everyone *****ing about how I'm so young for these cars, how about the fact that my dad payed $6k for a $10k car? at least i like cars and have an interest in them, i wonder what you will say when your son is killed in a wreck in the piece of **** deathtrap u give him that he will inevitably wreck it cause he's 16.
You dont even know me, ive saved up 3k already from the last 5 yrs or so(with no real job because of my age), i dont waste my money, i save it, if my dad really wanted me to i would buy my own car, but not that many kids have to buy their first car, i will put the money to good use and not just put it into a car, i will put it into an apartment or something when i am in college, of course a car that you saved and scraped to pay for will have a lot more sentimental value to it, and i know the value of money more than other 16 yr olds in my position would, im not stupid, dont mock me just because i didnt spend my own money on the car, its not like im throwing my money away on random ****
Maybe next time u comment on a thread, u read it all, i started the thread when i first got the bmw and knew ABSOLUTELY nothing about it, so of course i turn to the supposedly vehicle enlightened members of CL, I started it to ask a simple question, "what are the differences between the two vehicles and what are the better qualities of each?" I didnt start the thread to brag about the FREAKING CAR, u make me want to go give to some homeless guy and buy a car with what cash i do have just to prove a point, i dont know why ppl believe it is so ridiculous to just give some reviews on the cars from their own personal experiences, and i thanks those of u that did, to those of u that see my situation as ridiculous and comical, and chose to just come on to this thread to whine about how the world is unfair and im BRAGGING about this, you are all ignorant, immature, idiots.

And also to the quoted person: do u not realize that i used to be a owner of a sc and a member of this forum, and that i posted this thread about an hour after my dad gave me the car, the bmw 528i is a much more common car than a lexus sc400, why would i go to a more common car's forum and ask about the differences between that car and a more rare car that probably no one on that forum had ever heard of, or i could do what i did and go to the forum that i am already a member of that know about this car extensively and ask if they any differences between the two cars, im sorry u dont think logically like me but thats ur problem, next time why dont u read a thread thoroughly before posting a bull**** comment like yours and think over what u say twice in case it make no sense
Old 12-12-10, 03:14 PM
BlackSteel
Rookie

Im done fighting with any of u, i stated what was on my mind, and thats all i want to say, im sorry that u see it differently and im sorry that what i said about your remarks did not make since to you.
Old 12-12-10, 04:47 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

You dont even know me, ive saved up 3k already from the last 5 yrs or so(with no real job because of my age), i dont waste my money, i save it, if my dad really wanted me to i would buy my own car, but not that many kids have to buy their first car, i will put the money to good use and not just put it into a car, i will put it into an apartment or something when i am in college, of course a car that you saved and scraped to pay for will have a lot more sentimental value to it, and i know the value of money more than other 16 yr olds in my position would, im not stupid, dont mock me just because i didnt spend my own money on the car, its not like im throwing my money away on random ****
First of all im not mocking you, i am just saying. Second of all you can't pull this i'm 16, im mature crap on my cause i'm only a year older then you. And i was just saying, you could offer to pay for it because it makes you feel good about it, not because i told you to. Its a pride thing, if he offers it to you, cool nice present end of it, if you pay for it, its yours. I am just syaign because i was in your same exact situation and i was just telling you the route i chose, don't think you can't play the im the most mature 16 year old around card cause your not acting like it
Old 12-12-10, 11:49 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gray_es300
First of all im not mocking you, i am just saying. Second of all you can't pull this i'm 16, im mature crap on my cause i'm only a year older then you. And i was just saying, you could offer to pay for it because it makes you feel good about it, not because i told you to. Its a pride thing, if he offers it to you, cool nice present end of it, if you pay for it, its yours. I am just syaign because i was in your same exact situation and i was just telling you the route i chose, don't think you can't play the im the most mature 16 year old around card cause your not acting like it
Originally Posted by gray_es300
So lets ALL push around the 16 year old because he is sixteen. I'm really sorry but gray, your only seventeen, please stop pretending you have more experience and wisdom than Socrates in comparison to this kid. Most likely you do not. Why can't you just accept that there is a slight possibility he will appreciate the BMW much in the same way as if he purchased it himself? I mean, my parents bought me stuff in my life that I appreciated no less than stuff I purchased myself. One who purchases their own car is a likely candidate to pull the wild card that everybody who did 'not', does not appreciate it anywhere near as much as he who did. That is not a universal application, contrary to common thought.

In regards to him flaunting his 'new' BMW...For some reason, I just don't see a problem with that. He has identified that his SC is undergoing serious mechanical work and repairs, most likely not worth the $ it will surely cost. If his Dad came to his aid and offered him a FREE BMW 528i, as a remedy to the situation, where is the problem with being excited about that? This is a forum dedicated to Lexus models, sure, but are we forgetting we are also dedicated to 'automobiles' as a whole? I know each and every one of you that joined this forum have an appreciation for cars on the grand scheme, so why not feel compelled to discuss them on this board? The problem that you guys (not the OP) create is that you already categorize him as a select type of person because of the brand BMW. Surely all BMW drivers are not a universally pretentious, self absorbed, and arrogant *****. Why then, do you guys automatically place him in that category? He has even less of a reason to feel like a typical BMW driver because the type of BMW driver listed above, feels the way they do because of the $ they spent on the BMW. Considering he spent zero dollars on the BMW, this gives him even less of a reason to pride himself on his new possession. What you guys do not realize is that if you conclude the OP has no right to post that here, is a typical BMW owner now, is full of himself and trying to flaunt his new item, then YOU are guilty of the same crime you accuse the OP to be (pretentious and judgmental of others based on the car they represent). Do not judge until you have walked in his shoes. Until you have have sufficient evidence, do not conclude, and generalize another. In my opinion he has every right to post this here because it is directly related to a Lexus SCx00. He was probably hoping you guys might be, I don't know, pleased that he is being lifted out of a rocky situation. I think we can all admit that a nice, well running 528i is not undesirable for anyone, never mind a sixteen year old who is fortunate enough to own one. Let him enjoy his car, let him enjoy talking about it with other gentlemen who share a passion for cars. Don't give me any of that "typical sixteen year old response" crap...

OP, please enjoy your car to the fullest. Appreciate it for what it is, and try to remember that this forum is for the general benefit of those who love cars.
Old 12-13-10, 12:39 AM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Teenagers are stupid.

/thread
Old 12-13-10, 01:05 AM
Wangan_sc
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LunaVyohr
Best reply ever, when I was 16 I saved up $3,000 for a pos 240sx thanks to drift tax. I also had to work at a pos fast food chain to get this... so feel lucky you didn't have to work, but just save your money.
Old 12-13-10, 11:21 AM
ShibbySC4
Rookie

I'm 27 and I'm on my 22nd... or 23rd car. I kinda lost track. Some were busted clunkers, some were pretty cool. But all of them were paid for with money out of my pocket. Would it have been sweet if my parents bought me a nice sports car when I was 16? At the time I'd of thought so. But for as mature as I thought I was 11 years ago, I was still just a kid and I'm damn lucky I didn't kill myself doing half the stupid stuff I did. I'm not saying anything bad about anyone or the OP, just saying that when you're young, it's a chance to really prove your responsible.
Old 12-13-10, 11:27 AM
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Wangan_sc
Best reply ever, when I was 16 I saved up $3,000 for a pos 240sx thanks to drift tax. I also had to work at a pos fast food chain to get this... so feel lucky you didn't have to work, but just save your money.
Pretty much. I have no money usually because of all the stuff I have to pay for, so I feel blessed just to have what I have.

Last edited by LunaVyohr; 12-13-10 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-13-10, 11:41 AM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

where is all this hate coming from you ******???

its not youre money, so what if hes rich and daadis gonna buy him bmw or lex, why do you care????

good for him, i am only glad hes dad will buy him any car he wishes

my dad bought me my first car, '94 5spd integra for 1.5k cash, year later i sold it for 2300 and gave my dad ALL the money, for a while i drove my moms and dads cars, a diesel mercedes, camry, passat wagon, tacoma, etc. then my dad paid for my 5spd sc300(they are quite expensive 2 get when youre 18/19), and i paid him back plus 1k on top in 3 month by busting ***** in construction, i sold the'92 sc300 and bought '02 is300 also 5spd car with all MY OWN money , so i am a unappreciative ***** because my dad helped me out???? and no i am not rich, just a hard working young men that knows how to get what i want, and i am not ashamed that my dad helped me buy my first 2 cars, not only was i glad but so was he since he always made out w/ more than he paid

so dont let you're inner hatred jump out on this kid, and stop talking about being such hard-workers cause i guarantee '99% of you young lexus drivers dont know a squat ***** what that is
Old 12-13-10, 01:19 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Hmm, thing is, there was no hate. It just seems like everyone on the sc part of these forums takes everything with a grain of salt, there seems to be no such thing as "constructive criticism." I guess thats just part of being on part of the forum where a majority of people are younger. Also i never said he would't appreciate it, i simply stated there is a sense of satisfaction when you pay for something yourself, and that it would be cool if he went that route. All this was in my first post and he seemed to take it as me mocking him. Contrary to a majority of belief, criticism can be positive
Old 12-13-10, 01:37 PM
BlackSteel
Rookie

look I never asked for either car, the sc400 used to be my sisters, then when she got a different car i got the sc, which was good because she didnt even know it was a v8, but then the sc broke down, and i was just expecting to wait for it to get out of the shop, since i had fallen in love w/ the car, then a few days after my birthday, my dad shows up in a diff bmw and says its mine, SHOCKER! I didnt know what to say. I also didnt know anything about it. And to those of u who forgot, my dad is a used car dealer. He is able to get cars for a hell of a lot cheaper than they would sell for normally, so around he got the bmw for $6k when it is worth $10k. I never asked for either car, quite frankly I wouldnt care what car he gave me, an sc, and bimmer, or anything else that he wants to give me, id be happy just to have a car. Now, this is coming from my dad, he says that the only reason he is giving me this car, is because he thinks i deserve, i make a pretty good grades, i dont do anything stupid to get in trouble. In my eyes, im a "nice" guy. So, its not like i saw the lexus break down, and said hey dad how about u get me a new car. Im just happy to have a car, but no matter what car, im still gonna take and interest in it and do some small simple mods, like exhausts and wheels, so thats my story.
Old 12-13-10, 05:40 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

look I never asked for either car, the sc400 used to be my sisters, then when she got a different car i got the sc, which was good because she didnt even know it was a v8, but then the sc broke down, and i was just expecting to wait for it to get out of the shop, since i had fallen in love w/ the car, then a few days after my birthday, my dad shows up in a diff bmw and says its mine, SHOCKER! I didnt know what to say. I also didnt know anything about it. And to those of u who forgot, my dad is a used car dealer. He is able to get cars for a hell of a lot cheaper than they would sell for normally, so around he got the bmw for $6k when it is worth $10k. I never asked for either car, quite frankly I wouldnt care what car he gave me, an sc, and bimmer, or anything else that he wants to give me, id be happy just to have a car. Now, this is coming from my dad, he says that the only reason he is giving me this car, is because he thinks i deserve, i make a pretty good grades, i dont do anything stupid to get in trouble. In my eyes, im a "nice" guy. So, its not like i saw the lexus break down, and said hey dad how about u get me a new car. Im just happy to have a car, but no matter what car, im still gonna take and interest in it and do some small simple mods, like exhausts and wheels, so thats my story.

Bimmerfest.com

Quick Reply: Would you trade your sc400 for a...