SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-14, 03:31 PM
Tblue32
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes

I changed the front and rear brake pads over the weekend. 21.99 for the front pads and 24.99 for the rear pads.

178,000 miles and runs like a champ.

Daily driver to work and back 86.4 miles round trip.

Next on the list to fix is the memory seat switch and probably time for some new plugs.

Claybar, buffer, wax, polish coming up as well.
Old 09-29-14, 07:19 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

been doing all sorts of fabbing and messing with "custom" stuff and such.

installing a 3rd button on the dash as a push start button, currently still in progress hopefully it will be finished tmr. and also cut whatever the big piece of plastic is on the bottom of the intake, who knows what that will do, silicon is still drying so haven't had the chance to install it back on, will do tmr though.

Old 09-29-14, 07:42 PM
addisonblc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry for the massive delay fellas... here's two pics of the arm rest. I fixed the usual problems with gs300 arm rest,,,ie.. the cup holders shooting across the car when pushed. haha

What did you do to your SC today?-img_4212.jpg

What did you do to your SC today?-img_4250.jpg
Old 09-29-14, 09:53 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
also cut whatever the big piece of plastic is on the bottom of the intake, who knows what that will do, silicon is still drying so haven't had the chance to install it back on, will do tmr though.
I've been curious what that box is for, as well. At first I thought it was just a spacer for mounting the intake tube securely, but it appears to also have some airflow purpose. Maybe it's to pool a surplus of air post-filter so the TB is never starved when the plate is abruptly opened?

Originally Posted by addisonblc
sorry for the massive delay fellas... here's two pics of the arm rest. I fixed the usual problems with gs300 arm rest,,,ie.. the cup holders shooting across the car when pushed. haha
Interesting. So, the cupholders retract into the console arm rest when not in use?
Old 09-30-14, 06:05 AM
addisonblc
Pole Position

Yep. You push it once, and the cup holders push out. To put them away, you just shove them back in and it latches on place.
Old 09-30-14, 08:32 AM
net4n6
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I need to look for an used GS arm rest like that ^^^.
Old 09-30-14, 01:57 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Attachment 343311

Attachment 343312
What year GS arm rest is that? Bolt on affair?

Last edited by SC2JZ300; 09-30-14 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-30-14, 02:12 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Boergy
little testdrive today with a video from outside

Testdrive SC400 mt with W58 - YouTube
I'm jealous

Sounds great Boergy!!!! Is it vvti? It sounds like it..
Old 09-30-14, 03:13 PM
BeaksSC
Pole Position

Because I don't feel like quoting right now, that gs arm rest fits surprisingly well. Really wasn't expecting that, surprised I haven't seen that before. How large are the cup holders?

Could that box be used for something stupid like in case water were to get in there or something? Just a thought, like a catch pool or something. I get what you mean about the air being able to store there but that just sounds funny lol storing air in a basically open compartment, never know though, probably something along the line of that. Old man let us know if you feel any changes.

----

I washed my car the other day but have really come to the conclusion that there's no point to wash it this time of year in Florida with love bug and rainy season.... Might just start driving in the rain and then wiping off the back bumper and behind the wheels when I get home evryday lol
Old 09-30-14, 08:29 PM
addisonblc
Pole Position

For those that asked: it's a 1995 gs300 arm rest. There was a good bit of work involved in getting this to work. I basically cut the whole thing in half and trimmed it to fit. After that I trimmed the foam to fit and smoothed over the inside plastic using zip ties, liquid nails and some velvet carpet. The hinge from the sc armrest was used and I attached it by creating a mounting point at the rear. I have no clue what the measurements on any of it is. I was running on hopes and dreams lol and the cup holders will hold a bottle of water pretty nicely. Red bulls are kinda loose though.
Old 09-30-14, 08:48 PM
BeaksSC
Pole Position

For those that asked: it's a 1995 gs300 arm rest. There was a good bit of work involved in getting this to work. I basically cut the whole thing in half and trimmed it to fit. After that I trimmed the foam to fit and smoothed over the inside plastic using zip ties, liquid nails and some velvet carpet. The hinge from the sc armrest was used and I attached it by creating a mounting point at the rear. I have no clue what the measurements on any of it is. I was running on hopes and dreams lol and the cup holders will hold a bottle of water pretty nicely. Red bulls are kinda loose though.
Oh wow, didn't expect all of that, just figured it fit nicely or something lol. I did think it looked a little big before though> If you did all that I'm sure you can figure out a way to make one of them a little smaller if red bulls will be in there frequently
Old 09-30-14, 08:59 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

good news peeps, intake sounds bad *** without the apparently pointless box, my guess is it's a silencer, air goes in it, creates a high pressure chamber which slows airflow in the main intake tube. haven't driven the car yet to see if there's any performance changes, but it sounds bad A$$. also today, i cut the center cross off on my bumper, i think it looks meaner that way and the button is almost done being mounted, just gonna fiberglass it in since i could figure out any other way to stick it in there without it moving.

sneak peak of something else i'll be doing it includes the words custom and shifter

and here's the video of the intake action

Old 09-30-14, 11:13 PM
Mike1JZ
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Finally picked up a A02B Torsen diff for the '31

Old 10-01-14, 05:00 PM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oldManTan
good news peeps, intake sounds bad *** without the apparently pointless box, my guess is it's a silencer, air goes in it, creates a high pressure chamber which slows airflow in the main intake tube. haven't driven the car yet to see if there's any performance changes, but it sounds bad A$$. also today, i cut the center cross off on my bumper, i think it looks meaner that way and the button is almost done being mounted, just gonna fiberglass it in since i could figure out any other way to stick it in there without it moving.

sneak peak of something else i'll be doing it includes the words custom and shifter

and here's the video of the intake action

SC400 simple intake mod - YouTube
Oldmantan, I assume you mean the box integrated in the pipe after the AFM? Never thought about it. Did you need to cut it off then patch the hole?
I have a 2001 GMC Yukon with a similar box setup. GM says that this box creates a "vortex" allowing the air velocity to increase. I have always thought it was marketing voodoo.
Old 10-04-14, 09:14 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Simple oil change today....

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?