SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-14, 05:39 AM
Albatross
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Saturday I finally cut out the rusted catback bolts to drop the subframe.
now, she's just waiting on some parts.

Old 07-28-14, 01:50 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Figured out were im mounting my bov
Old 07-28-14, 02:12 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed my 98 Supra Seats....these seats feel amazing and glad my head no longer hits the headliner!! much more head room for me now esp being 6'3". Highly recommend these seats!
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-seats1.jpg   What did you do to your SC today?-seats2.jpg   What did you do to your SC today?-seats3.jpg  
Old 07-28-14, 08:05 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

^^Those seats look really nice. I usually think any other seats look out of place in our cars, but I dig a fresh looking set of Supras.

I washed my car and changed the oil. Also finished cleaning my new OEM black carpet to replace my dyed and faded original carpet. Once it dries I can swap it in.

Not terrible for 20 years old.

Old 08-07-14, 10:40 PM
AlexTheKid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supra TT struts are in, and lower control arm bushes changed ....... exponential improvement in handling, even before a wheel alignment (I just marked and reset where they were for now).

Can't wait to drive her Monday
Old 08-08-14, 02:27 AM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bled the gas tank BONE DRY this week to get a good average MPG. Filled up today. In mixed, mostly highway miles....23.7mpg from full to empty. With an alignment, a car/detail wash to eliminate drag and not being tempted to get in it...maybe 25. But I am very happy. 92 SC400 w/85k.
Old 08-10-14, 02:01 PM
MyScV8
Driver School Candidate

i picked up my sc300 from the shop, had a clutch masters stage 2 clutch kit installed, and my suprasport short shifter installed, then took it to the auto skills center on post and installed my blitz nur spec r catback exhaust, drives amazing and sounds amazing
Old 08-10-14, 03:14 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Had my car smogged for the first time since aquiring it for the pain in the rear CA Smog Check and car passed with flying colors!

I didn't know what to expect from a 22 year old car at the Smog Check...one good thing in it's favor was that is only has 72K miles on it...have had my issues in the past with BMW's during smog check time...more recently my last one..a stupid 7 series which I had since new and always had it maintained properly.

Love Japanese Cars!
Old 08-10-14, 04:12 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 480 Likes on 290 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by FSUsucks1
Had my car smogged for the first time since aquiring it for the pain in the rear CA Smog Check and car passed with flying colors!

I didn't know what to expect from a 22 year old car at the Smog Check...one good thing in it's favor was that is only has 72K miles on it...have had my issues in the past with BMW's during smog check time...more recently my last one..a stupid 7 series which I had since new and always had it maintained properly.

Love Japanese Cars!
I'm in the same boatGot my smog notice for my 92 SC400 "The Purple Bullet"
Only I have to take mine to a (Red Star) smog station, according to their web site I have been chosen by random, or I'm an excessive polluter. Now The car has more than 1/4 mill miles on it & has passed each time, I've had it for a long long time.
Its always a ! hold your Breath ! :

Love Lexus Cars
____________________________________********************************************
California car no engine mods allowed
LA Custom paint "Iced Indigo Purple"
Corbeau CR1 adjustable, reclining racing seats
Enkie 18" luxury's
Magna Flow's w 3" pipes, K&N filter

Last edited by Barbary; 08-11-14 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-10-14, 04:20 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 480 Likes on 290 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kbb
Bled the gas tank BONE DRY this week to get a good average MPG. Filled up today. In mixed, mostly highway miles....23.7mpg from full to empty. With an alignment, a car/detail wash to eliminate drag and not being tempted to get in it...maybe 25. But I am very happy. 92 SC400 w/85k.
I'm close to that w my 92 SC400 "The Purple Bullet" w a 1/4 of mill miles on it
I think its all about the cars Needle Nose & the brilliant drag coefficient the Japanese built
___________________________________********************************************
California car no engine mods allowed
LA Custom paint "Iced Indigo Purple"
Corbeau CR1 adjustable, reclining racing seats
Enkie 18" luxury's
Magna Flow's w 3" pipes, K&N filter

Last edited by Barbary; 08-11-14 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-10-14, 04:27 PM
drareg
Driver School Candidate

Very productive day lol

Put my old pipes

Fixed door handle

Found an SC400 at the junkyard and took:
1. Seats
2. Trunk
3. Kouki lights (came up!)
4. Armrest (center console)
5. A/C controls
6. Gas door
Old 08-10-14, 07:26 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Today sucked

I was unable to remove the intake manifold to replace the plugs. I was only able to reach the top two and rear two plugs. I removed several bolts, nuts, the IACV, the TPS, etc....and then I got to these two bolts just under the TB which required a deep 12mm socket which I didn't have. I read somewhere that you really don't need to remove the entire intake manifold, just the TB. That would allow you to slide it out of the way to reach the middle two plugs. I failed completely and put everything back together which wasted an hour and a half of my life. I hate the design of this intake manifold.
Old 08-10-14, 07:46 PM
mak89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tabaka

Today sucked

I was unable to remove the intake manifold to replace the plugs. I was only able to reach the top two and rear two plugs. I removed several bolts, nuts, the IACV, the TPS, etc....and then I got to these two bolts just under the TB which required a deep 12mm socket which I didn't have. I read somewhere that you really don't need to remove the entire intake manifold, just the TB. That would allow you to slide it out of the way to reach the middle two plugs. I failed completely and put everything back together which wasted an hour and a half of my life. I hate the design of this intake manifold.
True, but should only take fraction of time next time around. First time to replace plugs on 2jzge vvti was 2 hrs, second time around was 20 min.
Old 08-10-14, 10:53 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Plasti-dipped/black out the front grille only where the "grey-metallic" used to be. Chrome trim around it is still there and got to admit looks alot better especially on a black car.
Old 08-11-14, 05:59 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

Me and my friends painted my headlight housings gloss black and installed my new pink LED's.

We also got my AC working and did some work to my 02 LS430 as well.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?