SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-14, 08:59 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Took apart, cleaned, detailed, resealed and buffed the headlights and fogs, and installed lamin-x film. You guys will drool when you see it.

Y'all gonna be like; "Daaaaaaang! Check out those spot lights!"

Last edited by OG Dada; 06-12-14 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-12-14, 10:29 AM
mulcryant
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed my coilovers!!! Function form type 2
Gotta say they're stiff but I like it
Old 06-12-14, 10:44 AM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 285/30/19

Installed IS-F Wheels

Old 06-12-14, 07:33 PM
bznhornets
Rookie

Re-installed the center console with the black controls. Looking good. Next thing to change to black would be the e-brake. On the fence about the steering wheel. I like this one but......
Old 06-12-14, 07:42 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Took apart, cleaned, detailed, resealed and buffed the headlights and fogs, and installed lamin-x film. You guys will drool when you see it.

Y'all gonna be like; "Daaaaaaang! Check out those spot lights!"
lets see it
Old 06-13-14, 05:36 AM
Dream36
Pole Position

Got a trade offer for 03 legacy wagon 5spwed. So cleaning interior fixing duct tape and sealing last headlight so he can see it tomorrow.
Old 06-13-14, 08:05 AM
962jzsc415
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Going to purchase supra springs today. If pulled from a 94 and up supra, they should fit our SC's regardless right?
Old 06-13-14, 10:13 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 962jzsc415
Going to purchase supra springs today. If pulled from a 94 and up supra, they should fit our SC's regardless right?
You'll also need supra shocks as well, just fyi
Old 06-13-14, 11:21 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
lets see it
Sorry kept on forgetting to take pics.

Finally decided to pull the trigger on headlight protection film, they're a bit pricey at $60 for the entire set, but I'm really getting tired of detailing and redetailing it every so often. It came with everything, for the headlights, high beams and fog lights. Plus the tools needed to install it, cutter, sprayer, instructions and squeegee. It is very easy to install quite honestly, you just need to perfectly align it with the lights. The size is spot on too. They offer a 5 year guarantee, they'll either replace it or refund you if it cause your headlights to yellow, fade, haze, crack, chip or whatever.

Untitled by damoneydada, on Flickr

Process took about 2 days to accomplish. First, I took apart my headlights. It has had condensation before from previous owner, so I had to clean the inside from the stain the condensation left behind. And it's always a good idea give the projectors a good cleaning since it is what projects your lights. I still had OCI butyl rubber sealant from customizing my tail lights, so it was no biggie to replace the old sealant and not have condensation happen again. Unfortunately, I've been so lazy to take pics with everything I'm doing with my new SC, so I can't show you guys the before pics. The lenses looked like it has never been worked on before. It was yellow, very rough, and really oxidized. Wet sanded it with 220 grit, and I have to say it was fun seeing the dust coming off of the lenses color green. Then moved up to 500 grit, and dust became yellow. Then 1000 grit, until the dust became color white, and that's when you know all the grime has been removed. I then proceeded to buffing it with the cutting compound, and lastly, finishing it off with the polishing compound. And then e fun stuff. Cleaned it really good for the install of the Lamin-X headlight protection film. And done. I'm quite surprised that my glass high beams actually has more rock chips than the headlights or fogs. The Lamin-X also gives the lights an ultra glossy look from its texture.

The pics don't do it any justice at all. But these are raw pics, unedited, taken by my iPhone 5. Whatever yellowing you see is from the reflection of the LED bulbs for the parklights and the signal lights. I'll post pics of the cutoff line tonight after I adjust the headlights.

Last edited by OG Dada; 06-13-14 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-13-14, 01:50 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Sorry kept on forgetting to take pics.

Finally decided to pull the trigger on headlight protection film, they're a bit pricey at $60 for the entire set, but I'm really getting tired of detailing and redetailing it every so often. It came with everything, for the headlights, high beams and fog lights. Plus the tools needed to install it, cutter, sprayer, instructions and squeegee. It is very easy to install quite honestly, you just need to perfectly align it with the lights. The size is spot on too. They offer a 5 year guarantee, they'll either replace it or refund you if it cause your headlights to yellow, fade, haze, crack, chip or whatever.

Process took about 2 days to accomplish. First, I took apart my headlights. It has had condensation before from previous owner, so I had to clean the inside from the stain the condensation left behind. And it's always a good idea give the projectors a good cleaning since it is what projects your lights. I still had OCI butyl rubber sealant from customizing my tail lights, so it was no biggie to replace the old sealant and not have condensation happen again. Unfortunately, I've been so lazy to take pics with everything I'm doing with my new SC, so I can't show you guys the before pics. The lenses looked like it has never been worked on before. It was yellow, very rough, and really oxidized. Wet sanded it with 220 grit, and I have to say it was fun seeing the dust coming off of the lenses color green. Then moved up to 500 grit, and dust became yellow. Then 1000 grit, until the dust became color white, and that's when you know all the grime has been removed. I then proceeded to buffing it with the cutting compound, and lastly, finishing it off with the polishing compound. And then e fun stuff. Cleaned it really good for the install of the Lamin-X headlight protection film. And done. I'm quite surprised that my glass high beams actually has more rock chips than the headlights or fogs. The Lamin-X also gives the lights an ultra glossy look from its texture.

The pics don't do it any justice at all. But these are raw pics, unedited, taken by my iPhone 5. Whatever yellowing you see is from the reflection of the LED bulbs for the parklights and the signal lights. I'll post pics of the cutoff line tonight after I adjust the headlights.

Looks perfect, good job.
Old 06-13-14, 02:19 PM
962jzsc415
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

TT set up hope everything goes well with install
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-20140613_141527.jpg  
Old 06-13-14, 03:45 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

wow those lights look brand new. i need some clear lamin-x for my Sc300 now.
Old 06-13-14, 05:36 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
wow those lights look brand new. i need some clear lamin-x for my Sc300 now.
Can't recommend it just yet. Gimme at least 6 months or so, and I'll get back with you guys about it. I'm hoping that it'll hold really well though.
Old 06-15-14, 11:22 AM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not much, but got the gas line fixed for $55 at Meineke. I wish working on my car was as easy as my street bike....
Old 06-15-14, 01:55 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

I got my SSR's back from the anodizing shop. Unfortunately the lips need to be re-polished before they can anodize them. I'm going to get rid of the wheels.

I've had some pretty bad luck with my SC for the past three weeks.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?