SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Old 08-11-14, 09:25 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Plasti-dipped/black out the front grille only where the "grey-metallic" used to be. Chrome trim around it is still there and got to admit looks alot better especially on a black car.
I'll have to do that, was looking at mine the other day, the black is flaking off and the chrome has seen better days. Wonder if I get some chrome spray and then plasti dip the center...

Edit: forgot to mention what I did lol..

Replaced the trunk struts, new super white LED's for the license plate and took out but KEEPING the car phone from the center console, I'll put it back in for car shows or something some day..
Old 08-11-14, 07:13 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed a new front lip

Then parked next to a bro at work.

my roofline was at his bro-or handles. (door handles for you non bro's).

bro.
Old 08-11-14, 08:01 PM
drareg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took this ***** off for some inner cleaning.. Replaced the armrest as well cause the wear was pissing me off. I guess it's the OCD hahaha!

Old 08-12-14, 09:22 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by FSUsucks1
Installed my 98 Supra Seats....these seats feel amazing and glad my head no longer hits the headliner!! much more head room for me now esp being 6'3". Highly recommend these seats!

Man, those are nice, I couldn't find a set in a decent shape had to settle for ebay ricing set for cheap
But, yeah those mkivs are sweet
Old 08-12-14, 10:49 AM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
Man, those are nice, I couldn't find a set in a decent shape had to settle for ebay ricing set for cheap
But, yeah those mkivs are sweet
Thanks! I was lucky enough to find a good set for sure!
Old 08-12-14, 11:11 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by ClassicSC3
Just drove my stock Sc Its all it needs! My Honda was hectic with it's overly-trippy suspension, this is HEAVEN.
Sometimes I wish I had a second SC that was stock. The SC drove so smooth when it was stock.
Old 08-12-14, 11:39 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Originally Posted by Kira X
Sometimes I wish I had a second SC that was stock. The SC drove so smooth when it was stock.
This!

What a difference coming from my 300 with Supra struts and lowering springs to the stock 400 ride. It's a dream. I'm tempted to leave it all stock....... Nah, not gonna happen..
Old 08-12-14, 05:15 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Got my intercooler and pipes welded.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-sc300-turbo-pipes.jpg  
Old 08-12-14, 05:36 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka

Today sucked

I was unable to remove the intake manifold to replace the plugs. I was only able to reach the top two and rear two plugs. I removed several bolts, nuts, the IACV, the TPS, etc....and then I got to these two bolts just under the TB which required a deep 12mm socket which I didn't have. I read somewhere that you really don't need to remove the entire intake manifold, just the TB. That would allow you to slide it out of the way to reach the middle two plugs. I failed completely and put everything back together which wasted an hour and a half of my life. I hate the design of this intake manifold.
Removing the TB does allow enough room to change all the plugs, did it a few times to my old 2JZ and a few other n/a's. It is a PITA when you dont have the right tools laying around, been there myself.
Old 08-12-14, 07:28 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Removing the TB does allow enough room to change all the plugs, did it a few times to my old 2JZ and a few other n/a's. It is a PITA when you dont have the right tools laying around, been there myself.
Wow, thanks for confirming. I was ready to get a deep socket 12mm just to remove those two bolts. Sounds like it's a bunch more work and honestly, I don't think the plugs are my issue. The car is shaking violently with any acceleration. The front two plugs looked fine, so I think it's the dizzy. The timing is fine and everything else is good. No cel's and I don't think a single bad injector would cause this much vibration.
Old 08-12-14, 07:34 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Wow, thanks for confirming. I was ready to get a deep socket 12mm just to remove those two bolts. Sounds like it's a bunch more work and honestly, I don't think the plugs are my issue. The car is shaking violently with any acceleration. The front two plugs looked fine, so I think it's the dizzy. The timing is fine and everything else is good. No cel's and I don't think a single bad injector would cause this much vibration.
No problem. Sending you a PM
Old 08-12-14, 08:03 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

When I still had that IM, I just removed the bolts holding that 2-1 splitter from the plenum. I could then lift it up high enough to get to those 2 plugs with a socket and extension. I'd still have the TB attached to it, and even my IC piping. Was able to just make enough room to get a ratchet in there. Not too fun though.
Old 08-12-14, 08:05 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Originally Posted by Luxor
Got my intercooler and pipes welded.
Very clean. I didn't look too hard, do you have a build thread?
Old 08-12-14, 09:17 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Kris9884
This!

What a difference coming from my 300 with Supra struts and lowering springs to the stock 400 ride. It's a dream. I'm tempted to leave it all stock....... Nah, not gonna happen..
The stock ride was amazing. It's hard to leave it stock though. I would probably get chrome Supra TT wheels and a nice exhaust.

Originally Posted by ClassicSC3
It is funny you mention and say this because just yesterday, this kid who was born in 1995 and rode in the back seat said the same thing. Drives SMOOTH! Does it change when it is not stock and if so, I would never change it and don't plan to anyway. SO SMOOTH stock. Just need elite tires.
It's possible to get a smooth ride if you lowered it on the right spring/strut combo or coilovers and have good meaty tires. My SC rides pretty rough since it was slammed and needs new bushings.
Old 08-13-14, 05:32 AM
Albatross
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

remade the BFI cover and applied some wrinkle finish to it along with the timing belt cover.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?