SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

All you 6spd SC owners post up here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-10, 09:22 PM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All you 6spd SC owners post up here.

1. cherplex/2JZ-GTE
2. ScottURnot/1UZ-FE
3. LCSC/2JZ-GTE
4. Vincent123/2JZ-GTE
5. TeeLex/2JZ-GTE
6. Mr.1.5/1.5JZ-GTE
7. Avarec/2JZ-NA-T
8. lfrers/2JZ-NA-t

I just want the 6spds. Nothing against w58's or the R154's but I more wanted to put together a collection of SC owners that could have a Supra if they wanted one. This is not a Supra bash thread in fact I have a TT 6spd.

I love to look at Supras and SC's but because of all the teenage attention you get in a Supra I choose my SC. Supra owners always say that SC guys would buy a Supra if they could afford it, and I think this is true in many cases but as anyone who has done the complete gte/na-t build with a 6spd will tell you that for the money they could have bought a Supra. So I thought post up 2 pictures and a mod list.

MOD LIST:
-pte 6262
-3"-3.5"-4" downpipe and 4" the rest of the way.
-650cc injectors w/FPR
-SP modified intake
-GSC S1 cams
-Titan cam gears
-PHR modified oil pump
-catch can -10
-is300 fans
-snow meth/water by Ben at pre-racing.com
-Crower dual springs
-oil cooler & PS cooler
-Supraa brakes with carbotech x12 pads front and x10 rear.
-RPS Billet Twin Carbon/Carbon clutch.
-TMS sway bars
-KW V3 coilovers (way better than my old tein flex on and off the track)
-one peice drive shaft by Snap performance.
-3.76 final drive but I just order a gs400 diff for the 3.26.

Last edited by LCSC; 09-06-10 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-21-10, 09:40 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LCSC
I love to look at Supras and SC's but because of all the teenage attention you get in a Supra I choose my SC. Supra owners always say that SC guys would buy a Supra if they could afford it, and I think this is true in many cases but as anyone who has done the complete gte/na-t build with a 6spd will tell you that for the money they could have bought a Supra.
Sorry i don't have a six speed just wanted to comment, as i full agree with that statement above..

I much prefer the SC cause it's more low key and has a waay nicer interior, my only issue with the SC is if i 6speed it, i'll lose the money if i go to sell it, because once SC's get near supra prices they never sell..

If my SC held value like a MK4, i could justify the money a little easier..

but i agree, anyone with a good NA-T build and a 6 speed or a GTE with a 6 speed, definetly made the choice to rock a SC, cause with that money you could definetly pick up a mk4
Old 06-22-10, 03:35 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

supras annoy me they are too bubbly and the whole f&f bull**** ruined it. garbage that is too expensive for no reason supras are dirt cheap in jap land. the sc is more aerodynamic, its more comfy, more room, and its pretty much tha same thing. who cares, its just a frekkin name. i say i dont care for it! scroll up and look at that pic, the supra looks like a chubby girl i hate that. modded its different but its too much money..
Old 06-22-10, 04:40 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Default 6spd SC here

OP my build is similar to yours, I have 62 billet. I'm still on stock fuel with just walbro. Plan on doing fuel, cams and bigger turbo before TX2K11. I love MK4's and could get one if I wanted but I like the sleeper status of the SC, I have to lure or beg people to run me sometimes ha ha.

Old 06-22-10, 05:11 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will post mod list and pics later. 6 speed V8! Talk about cost to convert, OUCH!

Edit: Adding 2 pics (old pics, huge changes underway)
Mod list, its kind of a rolling list so not yet.

Last edited by ScottURnot; 06-22-10 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-22-10, 08:22 AM
t66sc3
Driver

In the process of rebuilding my 6 speed really wasnt as bad as i though although nothings in the car i also have a gte motor, aem ems, gsc1 cams, and a borg warner turbo still gathering fuel and odds and ends but almost complete.
Old 06-22-10, 09:13 AM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Will post mod list and pics later. 6 speed V8! Talk about cost to convert, OUCH!

This is not a Supra hate thread. I just wanted a count, pics, mod list of all the owners that had gone all the way with there SC's. Sometimes Supra owners say that SC owners only have a Lexus because they can't afford a Supra. I think that most people with a GETRAG in there SC could have just bought a Supra if that was what they wanted. I also love the Supra and would question anybody who could claim to like the SC and hate the Supra, they are way too alike IMHO.
Old 06-22-10, 10:26 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Nice rides man!
I also plan on going 6speed, with 06 330i tranny with custom built adapter to fit 1uz bell
Old 06-22-10, 10:32 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a swapped 2jzgte and v160 in my sc. i would post pics but its not too presentable right now haha
Old 06-22-10, 10:50 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want a 6 speed
Old 06-22-10, 01:11 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Getrag here, checking in. I'm just about finished with my latest build and will post some pics when done. Most of my big mods are in my sig.
Old 06-22-10, 01:26 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
supras annoy me they are too bubbly and the whole f&f bull**** ruined it. garbage that is too expensive for no reason supras are dirt cheap in jap land. the sc is more aerodynamic, its more comfy, more room, and its pretty much tha same thing. who cares, its just a frekkin name. i say i dont care for it! scroll up and look at that pic, the supra looks like a chubby girl i hate that. modded its different but its too much money..
Supras are ugly STOCK.. you need a decent amount of aftermarket body parts to make them look SICK.

SC look great STOCK body.

Originally Posted by LCSC

This is not a Supra hate thread. I just wanted a count, pics, mod list of all the owners that had gone all the way with there SC's. Sometimes Supra owners say that SC owners only have a Lexus because they can't afford a Supra. I think that most people with a GETRAG in there SC could have just bought a Supra if that was what they wanted. I also love the Supra and would question anybody who could claim to like the SC and hate the Supra, they are way too alike IMHO.
Questions I get asked with my car..
- You drive a supra?... I never say I own a supra, I own a LEXUS
- Supra motor in there? ... its a GTE MOTOR.

I have a 6sp GTE motor in my SC300. I could of bought a Supra if I wanted to, but Interior design is horrible outdated, exterior is ugly in my opinion car is alot bigger and cant hold any passengers, the Handling and response is horrible compared to other cars.

The SC300 is more refined and comfortable. It looks sleek, not a huge wide frog on the road, I took the only good things out of a Supra, THE ENGINE, TRANNY, AND BRAKES!

Never will buy/own a Supra, but will always LOVE the motor!

Last edited by eliteskill; 06-22-10 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-22-10, 02:17 PM
NinjaLex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eliteskill
Supras are ugly STOCK.. you need a decent amount of aftermarket body parts to make them look SICK.

I have a 6sp GTE motor in my SC300. I could of bought a Supra if I wanted to, but Interior design is horrible outdated, exterior is ugly in my opinion car is alot bigger and cant hold any passengers, the Handling and response is horrible compared to other cars.

The SC300 is more refined and comfortable. It looks sleek, not a huge wide frog on the road, I took the only good things out of a Supra, THE ENGINE, TRANNY, AND BRAKES!

I agree with the whole passenger thing, but I for one would never bring a rowdy *** crowd in my car.It's definitely a double edged sword with these two.

Old 06-23-10, 09:27 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I laugh when people say 6 speed supras are overpriced and then proceed to spend $10-15k swapping in the complete motor/transmission/tunnel/DS/rear end/axles/brakes from one. I bought my already BPUed supra for $20k so technically I only spent $5k on the car .

Anybody that says people buy an SC because they can't afford a supra has more money than class. There are several examples of SCs where far more money was spent than the average supra price, and I highly doubt you would find many supra owners who would say those people couldn't afford a supra.
Old 09-06-10, 04:08 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eliteskill

Same here, if the SC has the same powertrain and drivetrain, I would take the SC

Quick Reply: All you 6spd SC owners post up here.