SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Do not change ur fuel filter!!!!!!

Old 06-21-10, 09:14 AM
snsrushing
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I tried to do mine, I had the same thing I got the one side unscrewed and here come the gas. I was laying in a pool of gas and the fuel filter I bought, the threads where wrong (Beck Arnly). I took it up to a mechanic on the corner and they couldnt get it either. So the Beck is sitting on a shelf in my garage and when its time, I think I'll get the right type of nut and a stub of gas line, cut the oem off and run rubber lines with clamps.
Old 06-21-10, 11:18 AM
S142jz
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snsrushing
When I tried to do mine, I had the same thing I got the one side unscrewed and here come the gas. I was laying in a pool of gas and the fuel filter I bought, the threads where wrong (Beck Arnly). I took it up to a mechanic on the corner and they couldnt get it either. So the Beck is sitting on a shelf in my garage and when its time, I think I'll get the right type of nut and a stub of gas line, cut the oem off and run rubber lines with clamps.

Well I was like if it gets to the point where the lines get crimped or just dont come off the filter I cut them Biches and put a rubber line on each side. Get me at Nissan 300zx filter which is much bigger then the toyota one and be done with BS.
Old 06-21-10, 11:21 AM
S142jz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Spooled
did anyone think to open their gas cap to release the pressure built up in the tank? That wont stop it from completely leaking, but it wont keep pouring out.

I tryed that 2 times as the gas way draining. That doesn't release any pressure. it was the same flow constantly
Old 06-22-10, 03:01 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

releasing pressure works for me
it helps when you park on an incline and the *** end of the car is lower than the nose.
Old 06-22-10, 03:06 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Durrby
Most people have trouble with it being rusted on but with mine being a florida car it was a breeze.
I am having trouble understanding this. People have trouble with the rust...but since yours is a Florida car it was a breeze? Isnt there a lot of humidity and salt in Florida, ie more rust in vulnerable spots?
Old 06-22-10, 03:06 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good thing when i did mines, i only had little gas left in my SC3.
Old 06-22-10, 09:52 PM
Spooled
Lead Lap

I feel like i could do this w/o saying a single curse word. IDK what you guys are encountering. I've done over 50 fuel filters for Toyota in my time and havent had one that has kicked my *** nearly as much as you have made the SC300 seem. IDK if its having a lift and an onslaught of Snap-On tools at my disposal, or what.

When I do mine, I might just have to show you the sandwich I have in my other hand while Im replacing it.
The following users liked this post:
smm3 (02-27-20)
Old 06-22-10, 10:37 PM
S142jz
Pole Position

When I do mine, I might just have to show you the sandwich I have in my other hand while Im replacing it.

I want a pic of the sandwich in ur hand.
Old 06-22-10, 10:43 PM
Wheel_Man
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel like i could do this w/o saying a single curse word. IDK what you guys are encountering. I've done over 50 fuel filters for Toyota in my time and havent had one that has kicked my *** nearly as much as you have made the SC300 seem. IDK if its having a lift and an onslaught of Snap-On tools at my disposal, or what.

Now that's funny
Old 06-23-10, 06:24 AM
Murvilboy
Driver

yeah that was good haha im reading this in depth bout to tackle mine this evening
Old 06-23-10, 01:30 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

+1. I've never had any issues with the SC fuel filters. I also don't get burned by gas. Never bothered me. Guess I have tough skin.
Old 06-23-10, 01:59 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
releasing pressure works for me
it helps when you park on an incline and the *** end of the car is lower than the nose.
my thoughts exactly.. or jack it up a little more from the front..
Old 06-23-10, 02:07 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

All you people having no trouble with it also live in climates that benefit you. My SC's filter has to be brought to a shop to have done for $130 because we simply cannot get through the rust. Its absolutely caked on there and un- doable for us people with harsh climates.
Old 06-23-10, 02:54 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
+1. I've never had any issues with the SC fuel filters. I also don't get burned by gas. Never bothered me. Guess I have tough skin.
Post vid of gas in your arm pits NOT burning you...
Old 06-23-10, 02:56 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Lift's a big plus, and I love my snap-on tools ($30k + worth) but realistically, anyone with a set of cheap line wrenches can do this in no time, so yeah, what all the fuss is about, i just don't know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do not change ur fuel filter!!!!!!