Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-10, 02:47 PM
SCCruzer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Kits

what's up to all who looks at this thread

VIS has a V-Speed full complete kit for $350, the kit is made from FRPC ( Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic Composite

I found another kit made by an unknow company and the kit is going for about $600 bucks and the kit is made from or called DuraFlex

What kit do you guys have your SC'z for those who have kits, and does VIS make good products? The only reason I would go wit VIS is cause money is funny these days ...lol

Your input well help me out a lot.

Thanks
Old 06-08-10, 03:15 PM
MrFairlady
Driver

real Quick before you are killed by everyone here:

VIS you can search and hear about them.Stay away.$300 Kit,..prob worse.
All of these kits with these prices you say,..you are paying for what you get.

I personally bought a AIT vertex Replica (because version select was on backorder for 12weeks) and knew it was going to fit like Shizzle.and it somewhat does.But I have the patience to Work on it and get it fitting How I'd like.Sure the real deal Would be great but my car is Slammed and I don't mind replacing or re-fixing the bumpers because it gets messed up.Would kill myself if I damaged a $1000 Vertex bumper.

Good luck.Need to get real familair with a body guy or know how to work on fiberglass stuff to make it worth $300.because it will be for you $300 + ship + $1000 to get it fitting right and painted.
Old 06-08-10, 03:33 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFairlady
real Quick before you are killed by everyone
hahahaha, I forsee torches and pitchforks
Old 06-08-10, 03:46 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

VIS= TRASH thats why its $350 i've got a wise rep front lip from ebay, and extreme dimensions vertex sides n rear and they have been put to the test...and there still on there no cracks or anything just lil scratches but....yeah where i started i bought a VIS kit for my 97 prelude i used to have....im not even kidding you that **** broke after 2 weeks. i love tapped a parking lot cement block and yeah it cracked it in half....i had it fixed and then reenforced it myself with a few more sheets of fiberglass n resin....cracked again....dude i ended up going outside ill never forget it cause my neighbors where like wth is goin on ....i ripped it off the front and threw it in the dumpster and just ate the money spent on it put my stock bumper back on...VIS= TRASH!! F#$K VIS...
Old 06-08-10, 08:19 PM
sc4demon
Lexus Test Driver

from my experience stay away from those type of body kits...just stick to the oem 97+ body styles and if you really want an aggressive look just drop it and put a lip on it....thats just my opinion or you could spend thousands on those top quality body kits like vertex
Old 06-09-10, 01:42 AM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

VIS is so crappy i returned it.

Go with a shine or a raceonusa jic kit, but luck there.
Old 06-09-10, 05:18 AM
soulific
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

the only thing going for the VIS kit is that its cheap in price. That being said, I see your in cali. I have one for sale. Full kit $300 picked up. Pm me if interested. Its brand new.

Other people wanted it but shipping issues arose.
Old 06-09-10, 10:40 AM
SCCruzer
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the info and ideas, I'm gonna go with a lip and vertex reps for sides and rear, thanks again for all your help
Old 06-13-10, 02:16 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

many times it is always true .... "you get what you pay for"
Old 06-13-10, 07:02 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

vertex rear and side reps from extreme dimensions aka raceonusa....they took quite a bit of modification cut here, cut some more here, but they fit pretty damn good now for the price and durability...i drove over a damn speedbump sideways while playing around and yeah i heard a loud bang on both sides thought my sides where done for sure but nope still on and no cracks or anything lol...front is wise lip which i can also tell you is durable as can be i ran over a dead wolf the other day driving from orlando to pensacola and it didnt even crack...lol u can tell where it got hit cause the paint scraped a lil bit but thats it...good luck with your choice...oh yeah i have 97+side door molding on mine even if you dont it doesnt look bad...i rocked it like that for about 2 weeks and found a pair luckily..

front shot

rear shot
Old 06-13-10, 07:19 PM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

I bought vertex styled side skirts and rear bumper from raceonusa and they fit very well, one of the sideskirts just needed to be sanded down from the inside to make it fit. They were pretty cheap too, the skirts were $200 and the rear bumper was like $220.

But in the end it is just much better to just go OEM, 97+ = Legit
Old 06-13-10, 07:45 PM
MrFairlady
Driver

I opted for the AIT kit.ince I saw ol' Dudes Drift car with it.
I Liked the Rear Add on instead of the Full Bumper Replacement.Version Select was on 12 week backorder after I already payed for it.
Figured oem Urethane was better than Any fiberglass Bumper.

**I'm gonna Add on to the Rear Lip to make it Ride Up into where the License Plate Mounts Like I guess its supposed to be vertex wise.
Sides Were Confusing as hell.Couldn't tell which side was which.Ended up have to Trim a little here and There but they Will Fit could when I'm done.

Front Bumper is All out of Sorts..Ive cut it up a pretty good amount but the front of the hood section doesn't Line well with the bumper Curve.
Oh well.didn't pay for Perfection so not expecting it.The OEM 98+ Grill fit Perfectly though.just gotta get the Fogs now.
Old 06-13-10, 09:36 PM
sc4demon
Lexus Test Driver

extreme dimensions are really durable and very flexible
Old 06-15-10, 09:44 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Figured I would pop my head in here since we've been mentione quite a bit. Thanks for all the compliments guys! I appreciate it.

To the OP: ClubLexus members get special pricing from us so send me a PM/email/AIM or call me and I can hook that up for you!

-Ken
Old 06-15-10, 12:01 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Figured I would pop my head in here since we've been mentione quite a bit. Thanks for all the compliments guys! I appreciate it.

To the OP: ClubLexus members get special pricing from us so send me a PM/email/AIM or call me and I can hook that up for you!

-Ken
now if only we could convince you all to make some +25mm vertex"style" fenders lol and not make them 400!!! a pop....im pretty sure you all would make a fortune from us...im telling you right now i want some....by the way love my sideskirts n rear lip...

Quick Reply: Body Kits