SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

3 SCs at Shine Auto Project / Seven Apple Today

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-10, 08:50 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,

Long time not being here but I just picked up a SC400 for $500 today and drop by Shine today and picked up a complete kit from Ken. I met him personally and a stand up type of guy. Very clean and friendly facility. The car was tow directly to a local body shop i have dealt with for years. Nothing to dramatic. Coilovers with G35 rims.
Old 10-21-10, 10:19 PM
PR0PH37
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Relapser
i think its not very respectful to disclose monetary quotes on public forum because its just bad etiquette esp to say quote is too high...
its a labour cost man... the shop owner has rent topay and staff wages i doubt he appreciates having a quote he gave to u personally only to be blurted out and to have hundreds of ppl read how he thinks it costs too much.

just say not very nice thing to do.. how wud u like it if i made a post saying i think u earn too much money and u should make less... get wat i mean??

also its not just paint its hours n hours of sanding. cleaning..prep... sanding.. cleaning... painting. priming... sanding body filling. routing. smoothing etc etc so yea if his work is good then hell yeah 4 grand. if u cant afford it then its simply not his fault... dont make it his problem by screwing him down on price. u do that.. he cuts corners. he cuts corners. your not happy. your not happy. you tell friends. you tell friends. there goes rep. there goes rep. there goes customers. there goes customers then say bye bye business
That is truth! And to be honest, for the job he, I assume, he's cheap. You should see some of the prices some of these muscle cars have on them. You pay for quality. You want a cheap paint job you will get cheap paint and labor. You want the best then you pay the best. It's just life.