SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

need help taking out door actuator and small bar on sc400

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-10, 09:15 AM
assass1n
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help taking out door actuator and small bar on sc400

the past few days i've been trying to find out how to do it but still no luck. also tried searching and couldnt find anything specific. im trying to take out my passenger side door actuator and the vertical bar thats connected to the outer door handle.

heres a pic of the inside of the door. i dont even know where the door actuator is in that pic. but the bar you can clearly see.

any help would be greatly appreciated as another CL member need this to fix his car.
Old 05-08-10, 10:45 AM
czar07
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isnt that the bar that the window slides along? if so its got 3 screws( i think). some more pictures would be helpful mate
Old 05-08-10, 01:07 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Push the yellow plastic clip around and then pull out the bar. These should help

Door Lock Actuator

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tor-sc400.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-actuator.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...nger-door.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...d-problem.html

Jonny
Old 05-10-10, 06:44 PM
assass1n
Pole Position

thanks Dx3. i must've been using the wrong search terms.
Old 05-11-10, 08:23 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by assass1n
thanks Dx3. i must've been using the wrong search terms.
You are welcome Good luck. I am about to do the same thing in mine...

Jonny
Old 05-11-10, 08:42 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

oh man that was a nightmare for me, i dunno but i had such a hard time with it..

there just isn't any room to take the actuator out, taking out some screws from the window track definetly help give it a little more room..

i could probably do it alot faster now, but that first time trial and error sucks..
Old 05-27-10, 06:32 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by aka paco
oh man that was a nightmare for me, i dunno but i had such a hard time with it..

there just isn't any room to take the actuator out, taking out some screws from the window track definetly help give it a little more room..

i could probably do it alot faster now, but that first time trial and error sucks..
I did mine yesterday - and I agree. The hardest part is getting the actuator out after disconnecting everything. I was scared to bend the window track too much. It's because there is a bracket on the inside of the door that the actuator gets caught up on. Once I realized that was binding it up, I got it out pretty face.

The best advice I could give for doing this is to put the yellow and pink plastic clip in first, then push the rod through. If you put the rod through first it expands the clip and it is a real PITA to push through. Also, there is a hole in the door that is perfect to look through so you can see exactly where your rod is in relation to the clip. Made it much easier.

Jonny
Old 10-07-12, 12:51 PM
ryanneel
Driver School Candidate

Default actuator repair thoughts

I was thinking, If the problem is the common rod breakage, Why cant we have a longer rod fabricated or weld more to it, take out the actuator, Very carefully drill into the metal part that the rod is attached to. Slip the longer piece into the hole, it would not be able to move up since its attached at the handle and its function is to push down. OR when that hole is made, be sure to drill it slightly smaller, tap and dye it and the rod. Attach a nut onto the rod, twist the actuator down into the threaded hold till it aligns with the handle, tighten down the nut to lock it in and add extra security, 1 new clip on the handle and it SHOULD be a forever fix. I have this problem and only want to fix it one time. the other option I have seen is to make a "fork" looking things onto the old one and insert it into the correct spot and hope it holds. IF its possible the threaded version would be better I think. lmk your thoughts. ryanneel@***.net "actuator repair" in the subject please.
Old 10-07-12, 12:55 PM
JustChill
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I took the screws off the window track and just finessed it past the window track. Turned it sideways and pull the track a little
Old 10-28-12, 06:41 PM
bugjug
Driver

Originally Posted by JustChill
I took the screws off the window track and just finessed it past the window track. Turned it sideways and pull the track a little
Help!!.

I have the bottom screw out of the window track, and everything loose from the actuator. I cannot get it out of the door.

Does the actuator come out from the bottom (ie.e below the track, or, towards the inside of the car from the track, or towards the outside between the track and the very outermost part of the door shell?