SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

18x10s All Around

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-10, 05:30 AM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaphyV
That's a nice look. Different, but nice. What kind of suspension are you running?
I've got stuck *** Tein HA's that I'm gonna probably break the collars off of and buy new ones for since I tried for 3 days straight to loosen them with EVERYTHING possible and they won't budge haha.

And there is no pulling of the fenders, the rears can probably go way low with like 2* of camber, the front will need like 2-3* of camber.

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
What are you talking about?! How is this in any way a ricer? this looks incredible!!
As far as the ricer thing, it's just cause its for style, not function. I figured someone will give me **** about the DORI DORI fitment of 18x10s and skinny *** 225's on the front and only 245's in the rear. But I forgot, this is clublexus, not Supraforums or the other forums I'm on.

And thanks! I really like your car's wheels fitments JDMmuscle... it was one of the cars I was lookin to see what you had for offset/tire/pull.

ANNDDDDDDDD i'd like to say to the people talking about Rota's quality and power.... go look at all the high horsepower Evo8,9,10s with Rotas that road race and drag race. If they can drive around making 500+whp ... I'm sure a 180whp Sc300 will be fine. Even a 500whp SC300 should be plenty fine . I'm worried about the mega tire stretch and the potholes in my city, that's all.

Last edited by CP_Ree; 05-03-10 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-03-10, 06:04 AM
Lunchboxxx
Driver School Candidate

what is a good off set that you can have with stock fenders.
Old 05-03-10, 08:04 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

i think i just found my new wheels, thanx.... (sorry for the copy)
Naw, this is just another option for me. what are the wheels made of?
Old 05-03-10, 08:25 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I gueess he ment ricer because he knows people will bag on his wheel brand rotas. A lot of sti people run rotas when they track. Everyone is just shows a picture of the broken rota wheel and that's it. I can't justify the cost of the wheels I want either. The wheels that I was cost nearly as much as the car maybe even more

anyways thanks for the info
Old 05-03-10, 08:38 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc300jz
II can't justify the cost of the wheels I want either. The wheels that I was cost nearly as much as the car maybe even more

anyways thanks for the info
Originally Posted by CP_Ree
The car doesn't deserved $3k volks, its not a show car or a $20k car so I can't justify it.
I use to believe this also.. and I was running sportmax rims because of this thinking for a while, but if this was true then adding any mods in general wouldnt be worth it as the car isnt worth much correct? (engine swap/bodykit/even a new paint job would be around 3k~)

The car is worth as much as you value it yourself. You lose when you sell but with cars thats a given. In my eyes my car deserved $3k volks... because i was willing to spend $400 on a lip.. $1000 on BPU.. etc.. etc.. but not on rims? didnt seem fair for my car.
Old 05-03-10, 08:59 AM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
I use to believe this also.. and I was running sportmax rims because of this thinking for a while, but if this was true then adding any mods in general wouldnt be worth it as the car isnt worth much correct? (engine swap/bodykit/even a new paint job would be around 3k~)

The car is worth as much as you value it yourself. You lose when you sell but with cars thats a given. In my eyes my car deserved $3k volks... because i was willing to spend $400 on a lip.. $1000 on BPU.. etc.. etc.. but not on rims? didnt seem fair for my car.

Well I'd say your car's a different story, haha. If you're gonna go the whole mile with extensive mods, I'd say definitely get some nice wheels. If you're just gonna drive it N/A daily like me with potholes and the potential to bend/scratch/break the wheels, don't get expensive wheels cause I was looking into Work T1S's but yea... I'm not doing anything to this car other than driving it.
Old 05-03-10, 09:23 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

i am about to pull the trigger on the ccw classics or the lm20.....but i hate keeping up with polished wheels....fml
Old 05-03-10, 11:30 AM
sc5sdanny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rotas ftmfw.... car looks good
Old 05-04-10, 06:19 AM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc5sdanny
Rotas ftmfw.... car looks good
Thanks! Your car looks way good too. I wish I could lower mine more right now to get the same stance.

Updated the first post with more pics of closer shots and how high it is.

Last edited by CP_Ree; 05-04-10 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-04-10, 07:32 AM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

your car looks hot do what you wish with your vehicle looks good so far
Old 05-04-10, 07:42 AM
ecstaticSC
Racer

Nice wheel fitment. Get that coilover issued fixed asap! I want to see the car dumped!
Old 05-04-10, 07:51 AM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ecstaticSC
Nice wheel fitment. Get that coilover issued fixed asap! I want to see the car dumped!
Me too. I hate seized coilovers. The worst part is that I don't have time to even keep trying to unseize them. Having a life is getting in the way
Old 05-04-10, 08:20 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

take them off and get the coilover wrench and put a lacross bar on there, that should break it free. If not, get some BC coilovers they on sale : )
Old 05-04-10, 09:00 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wheel color is awesome.

needs more low, and the wheel fitment/stance will be awesome.
Old 05-04-10, 03:14 PM
FutureSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great all I have to ask is where did you buy em from? The one place I know that sells the grids only goes up to 9.5" wide

Quick Reply: 18x10s All Around