2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-15, 03:10 AM
aznexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
330hp and 332tq at 10psi

I'm running 14psi right now on stock head gasket and eager to get the car on the dyno to satisfy my curiousity
Old 05-04-15, 10:53 AM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aznexus

I'm running 14psi right now on stock head gasket and eager to get the car on the dyno to satisfy my curiousity
Any other supporting mods?
Old 05-06-15, 12:59 AM
aznexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by 187
Any other supporting mods?
Boostwerx/Daveh turbo kit w/ Precision 6262
ETS 4-row intercooler
FFIM w/ RMR 90mm TB
AEM UEGO WB & Truboost
Tial WG & BOV
Aristo ECU and COP
550cc injectors

Still need get off my butt and install the TT headgasket, ARP head studs, and BCC. Just finished swapping out the auto for a Marlin Crawler R154.

Last edited by aznexus; 05-06-15 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-06-15, 07:41 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

aznexus that r154 is going to feel really nice. probably pick up some whp as well.
I would guess at 14psi maybe in the 360 ish range.

just got my 550's in last night from Oside tiger, look pretty good, back was hurting from leaning over and wiring the clips back to Denso style from EV1, definitely glad that is done, next time I am using adapters.
no time to fire them up but will test it out later this week, need to program the map ecu for the adjustment and see how it does.
Old 05-06-15, 08:45 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
aznexus that r154 is going to feel really nice. probably pick up some whp as well.

just got my 550's in last night from Oside tiger, look pretty good, back was hurting from leaning over and wiring the clips back to Denso style from EV1, definitely glad that is done, next time I am using adapters.
no time to fire them up but will test it out later this week, need to program the map ecu for the adjustment and see how it does.
I know you had to do some rewiring of these injectors from your previous ones, but aside from that if you are on stock clips these are plug and play and work great!

If someone wants to increase their rev limit is a mines ecu or gforce ecu the only way? Other than full standalone.
Old 05-06-15, 08:55 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yeah I was on EV1. I looked for EV1 to denso adapters but none available. They do make Denso to EV1 adapters, so I decided one last rewire back to stock Denso style, and if I ever use EV1 again it will be the adapter cause I am tired of soldering those wires.
yeah I am excited to use them, they look like good quality injectors, and Nikki brand is an oem brand from Japan used on alot of honda's etc.. they are single hole on the bottom, but there is a pintle cap with 2 holes to sort of spread the spray pattern looks like.
should work out pretty well I am rather pleased with the fit, look, and especially cost.

rev limit is highest on the ecu you have the supra 6 speed one, but more than that yeah those ecu's would do it.
one could figure out the rpm input to the ecu, and make some kind of circuit to alter the signal. I think it would be pretty easy to fully remove it, but to just raise it a little bit might be challenging. Will look into it if I get some time, I had the boost cut and speed cut figured out already. I have bounced off that limiter dozens of times so yeah it could be a few hundred higher that would be nice.
Old 05-06-15, 10:31 AM
aznexus
Rookie

The car doesn't feel like 360. I still have to do a boost leak test.

The R154 is rather notchy, especially shifting into 1st and 2nd gear. I'm still getting used to the 6-puck clutch.

I installed the OsideTiger 550cc injectors as well. So far so good.
Old 05-06-15, 12:47 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

you are on high compression so you would be surprised how much power you can put down, but it was a guess definitely mid 300's even on a small turbo. what kind of r154 did you get? Im seriously considering going the 350z trans route now but I don't like any of the shifter setups I have seen, I think I am going to grab a trans and make my own. we shall see what happens trying to find a cd009 locally seems to be tricky.
Old 05-06-15, 03:17 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by aznexus

How long have you been boosting at this pressure? The HG hasnt blown yet? Makes me feel more comfortable beating on my car now and thinking if turning up the boost
Old 05-07-15, 07:42 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

its amazing how you can run more psi with the right tune. I wouldn't push must past 14 on stock compression though.
I got the 550s in and wired and fired them up. seem to be working pretty well gotta say.
still need to tweak the map ecu its def not perfect afr wise but I was able to drive the car around and remember I need to fix my bov. so gonna take care of that and get some adjusting done on that map ecu.
Old 05-07-15, 07:57 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

its amazing how you can run more psi with the right tune. I wouldn't push must past 14 on stock compression though.
I got the 550s in and wired and fired them up. seem to be working pretty well gotta say.
still need to tweak the map ecu its def not perfect afr wise but I was able to drive the car around and remember I need to fix my bov. so gonna take care of that and get some adjusting done on that map ecu.
I had to pull about 21-23% out of the idle side of the RPM band and pretty much the same throughout the whole entire map.

I've got a map ecu 3 sitting here in my office ready to go in but I need a new DD before I tackle that project.
Old 05-07-15, 09:08 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yeah its funny I remembered the 20% and tried to make that adjustment and it was extremely lean, wouldn't even start up at first. then I loaded the map ecu map I was using on the 440's once before, and it was running pretty good just a little rich. I took a few percent out of that and it seems to be running good around idle a little lean in normal vacuum, and rich in boost. something went off somewhere in there, just need to get a day where I can pull the o2 sensor and rev it through the ranges and make very small adjustments. I only played with it for like 45 minutes after I got everything installed, no doubt though that I will get it running right just a matter of time, always happens with an injector change.

the nice thing on the JDM ecu with the map ecu, is that all the rpm values for each load is the same across, so really you only need to figure out like 10 numbers, what the map sensor would read for each load.

the usdm one if you look at the cal file for it, because it uses a maf, the numbers vary with rpm and load so much tricker to setup perfect.

if the safc is working I say leave that in there for now. the map ecu 3 is pretty nice unit but as you can see it takes a little playing with the numbers, or maybe its just me cause I am at an elevation, at sea level you can probably use one of their supplied maps and be pretty close.
Old 05-07-15, 09:18 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

yeah its funny I remembered the 20% and tried to make that adjustment and it was extremely lean, wouldn't even start up at first. then I loaded the map ecu map I was using on the 440's once before, and it was running pretty good just a little rich. I took a few percent out of that and it seems to be running good around idle a little lean in normal vacuum, and rich in boost. something went off somewhere in there, just need to get a day where I can pull the o2 sensor and rev it through the ranges and make very small adjustments. I only played with it for like 45 minutes after I got everything installed, no doubt though that I will get it running right just a matter of time, always happens with an injector change.

the nice thing on the JDM ecu with the map ecu, is that all the rpm values for each load is the same across, so really you only need to figure out like 10 numbers, what the map sensor would read for each load.

the usdm one if you look at the cal file for it, because it uses a maf, the numbers vary with rpm and load so much tricker to setup perfect.

if the safc is working I say leave that in there for now. the map ecu 3 is pretty nice unit but as you can see it takes a little playing with the numbers, or maybe its just me cause I am at an elevation, at sea level you can probably use one of their supplied maps and be pretty close.
Well the SAFC offsets the map signal based on RPM not load / pressure, so it's harder to fine tune it but it does great for stock 440's or 550's, any higher it may be harder to control the variance.

I find that it's hard to tune for pre-spool WOT as depending on the gear you are in full boost comes on sooner. Tuning 4th gear boost comes on way earlier in the RPM range then in 2nd. Hoping that the mapecu3 allows me to fine tune it better plus I will eventually need larger injectors.

Also my boost controller seems to vary depending on the temperature outside. Cool nights it will spike to 19psi and run a much higher boost versus warm summer days it's around 15-16psi. So I have to watch it. I can set it to cut boost if it goes to high say 20 psi but I'd rather it be consistent. The digital read out on my innovate is hard to read while going WOT, I need an analog boost gauge something I can glance at quickly to verify its okay.
Old 05-07-15, 07:54 PM
aznexus
Rookie

you are on high compression so you would be surprised how much power you can put down, but it was a guess definitely mid 300's even on a small turbo. what kind of r154 did you get? Im seriously considering going the 350z trans route now but I don't like any of the shifter setups I have seen, I think I am going to grab a trans and make my own. we shall see what happens trying to find a cd009 locally seems to be tricky.
The transmission is a MK3 Supra R154 with a Southbend (600tq) 6-puck clutch on my 1995 Supra. It doesn't shift as smooth as a W58. I'm pretty sure the newer 350z trans shift much smoother.
Old 05-07-15, 07:55 PM
aznexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
How long have you been boosting at this pressure? The HG hasnt blown yet? Makes me feel more comfortable beating on my car now and thinking if turning up the boost
I've been running 14psi since 3 tanks of gas ago.

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod