Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^ Your Timing is OFF.
Old 11-17-12, 05:45 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
^^^ Your Timing is OFF.
It's at 8 degrees BTDC when the engine at operating temperature and the DLC terminals are jumped. I know my balancer hasn't slipped because the cam gear timing marks are correct too.

If I'm doing something wrong setting the timing, please educate me. Also, what makes you say the timing is off?
Old 11-17-12, 05:49 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You know what everyone in this thread needs to do?

Download the PRE-OBD Datalogger I have in my Thread in my sig.

This way, people will know what the ECU is doing, and take a lot of the guess work out!

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...on_English.zip
Old 11-17-12, 06:04 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
You know what everyone in this thread needs to do?

Download the PRE-OBD Datalogger I have in my Thread in my sig.

This way, people will know what the ECU is doing, and take a lot of the guess work out!

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...on_English.zip
Thanks! I didn't know such a thing existed. I have a BA scanner that reads OBD1 and does live data and all that stuff for OBDII.
Old 11-17-12, 06:23 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ishootstuf
Thanks! I didn't know such a thing existed. I have a BA scanner that reads OBD1 and does live data and all that stuff for OBDII.
Car tester 8000 is on a whole other planet of Toyota PRE-OBD scanning and logging.

A lot of OBDII Scanners won't even talk to Pre-OBD so that alone makes it awesome, that and logging capability

Press record, make a run with your eyes on the road. Go back and review where you were getting knock, what the TPS was reporting, coolant temp, etc all in graphical data format.
Old 11-17-12, 06:26 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

I read that in your other thread, thanks again. I'd still like to know why you say my timing is off.
Old 11-17-12, 07:15 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

When you timing is OFF or you are miss firing that's what happen you exhaust manifold/ and exhaust housing will glow red.

I broke my timing tensioner on my car without knowing, i was driving home and my car felt slow as hell... 60 miles down the road i decided to pull over and check under the hood .long story short i drove the car home at 3am with a broken tensioner for 70miles , and my exhaust manifold was RED.

my GS i wash the engine 7years ago , water got into the spark plugs galley and that thing would buck , jerk , exhaust manifold turned red and it finally melted my cats.

I just don't get the fact that your car ran better on ge ecu with and the safc, and it runs like crap on the gte ecu. Something is wrong somewhere.

You guys are having all these issues, you shouldn't have all these issues.
Old 11-17-12, 07:16 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

On the crank pulley check make sure you don't have 2 marks , because some crank pulleys have 2 marks , a yellow one and a white one.
Old 11-17-12, 12:14 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Retarded ignition timing will cause the manifold to glow as well, not just mechanical timing.

Scan the car with the logger, that's the only way you will know for sure!
Old 11-17-12, 02:32 PM
duhafnusa4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question

when driving my car at around 4000 rpms the car doesnt really pull and feels almost like fuel cut or something, thats the closest I can compare it to, like right before 4k its pulling awesome, but then it kinda stops accelerating

what would cause this

fyi running 7 lbs of boost, aristo jdm ecu, mk3 440cc injectors

oh one more thing

when you wired in the injector resistor box, out of the 6 12v injector power wires, how many did you run into the resistor box?

Last edited by duhafnusa4; 11-17-12 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-17-12, 02:59 PM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by duhafnusa4
I have a question

when driving my car at around 4000 rpms the car doesnt really pull and feels almost like fuel cut or something, thats the closest I can compare it to, like right before 4k its pulling awesome, but then it kinda stops accelerating
Yeah, that's what mine did before I started having the bucking issue. It started off strong, then pfffffffffft. Slug.

Originally Posted by duhafnusa4
when you wired in the injector resistor box, out of the 6 12v injector power wires, how many did you run into the resistor box?
I have 6 separate wires, then they go to 3 wires, then a single wire into the resistor box. Every time I spliced, I used thicker wires. I also have the injectors getting power directly off the battery with a relay triggered by the power to the igniter.
Old 11-17-12, 03:04 PM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Retarded ignition timing will cause the manifold to glow as well, not just mechanical timing.

Scan the car with the logger, that's the only way you will know for sure!
I built the cable, but I didn't have a capacitor with right specs laying around. I guess that's important because I didn't get any data.
Old 11-17-12, 06:58 PM
duhafnusa4
Driver

Originally Posted by ishootstuf
Yeah, that's what mine did before I started having the bucking issue. It started off strong, then pfffffffffft. Slug.

I have 6 separate wires, then they go to 3 wires, then a single wire into the resistor box. Every time I spliced, I used thicker wires. I also have the injectors getting power directly off the battery with a relay triggered by the power to the igniter.
dude we are having the same thing, i replaced my tps and I still have the bucking issue.

this is good though haha, because it doesnt mean its some part i missed on my wiring, I set my base timing to 8 deg, I guess I will need to build that cable as well.

gosh ill be so glad when all the gremlins have been taken out
Old 11-18-12, 12:46 AM
duhafnusa4
Driver

i just read through this thread and I have the same issues, where I got code 31 and the check engine light would come on when boosting, then off when i wast

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...t-past-4k.html
Old 11-18-12, 05:26 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

I never get a CEL, and no codes (except 47 for sub TPS which I don't have). The timing FEELS very retarded to me, but I used to run the stock 10 degrees on the GE ECU and I figured there's no way that 2 degrees is going to make it this bad.

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod