SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-12, 11:24 PM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SixSense
Darnit lol no FFIM glad u told me before that big mistake i acutually have two DS62's picked one up to maybe help a brotha out lol i cant seem to find the vvti coils at a reasonable price tho i did find some china website with all new "denso" coils for $99 not sure if its real or not but i can place a link
here ------> http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html BTW didnt know u had a site Ali haha i kid
Rockauto has the denso ones for like 80 and an oem replacement brand for 60 or so.
Old 07-27-12, 05:36 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SixSense
Darnit lol no FFIM glad u told me before that big mistake i acutually have two DS62's picked one up to maybe help a brotha out lol i cant seem to find the vvti coils at a reasonable price tho i did find some china website with all new "denso" coils for $99 not sure if its real or not but i can place a link
here ------> http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html BTW didnt know u had a site Ali haha i kid
i got a set of oem vvti coils hit me up if you still looking for a set. my car made 700whp on these with not problem .
i am selling them because i have a crazy misfire that i couldn't get rid of , so i bought a new set from toyota to find out the coils weren't the issue because the car still misfires
let me know if you are interested.
Old 07-27-12, 08:12 AM
SixSense
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think i might try that site in the link i posted its 99 for all three and they are "supposed" to be denso so we will see where this goes when the pay check rolls around. How much would you want for yours QuickSc4 ?
Old 07-27-12, 08:17 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

that site looks a little suspect (even though it has part of my name in it.. lol), i have never seen them for $30 a piece and its from china.
talk to quicksc4 and also you can check your local classifieds for people parting out cars that would have them i got mine from a parted out is300, all vvti gs300 and vvti sc300 will also have the same coils.
Old 07-27-12, 08:34 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine are oem toyota $ 110 shipped with ignitor pigtail .
Old 07-27-12, 09:59 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Just so you guys know the more pics and vids I see the more I want to help =)
sort of like the cookie monster... but less in your face for cookies all the time.

On a sidenote i just picked up a set of TT wheels to replace my aftermarket ones, and I am liking the new look.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 07-27-12 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-28-12, 06:35 PM
SixSense
Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Just so you guys know the more pics and vids I see the more I want to help =)
sort of like the cookie monster... but less in your face for cookies all the time.

On a sidenote i just picked up a set of TT wheels to replace my aftermarket ones, and I am liking the new look.
U just earned a hater lol ive been looking into those too but its not a option as of now my money is going to all engine parts as of now there is a guy who has some work wheels for 1500 close by me but thats a project for a later date
Old 07-29-12, 06:42 PM
SixSense
Driver

Yea just noticed you reply about the shadyness of that site haha i kinda agree thats too good of a deal and i found 440's for $107 bucks lol so as much as i would want it to be true i would rather trust someone on craigslist with my social and credit card number lol
Old 07-30-12, 02:41 PM
sj408
Instructor

hey guys, just got my ds62 igniter in and according to the diagram we are using up 8 spot but the ds62 igniter has 10 teeth on the plug. which ones do i use?>
Old 07-30-12, 03:11 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

those are just the 8 that I wanted to show the wiring for the other 2 are ground and the tach wire which is easy.
you just move the old tach wire to the new one, and for the ground you have to add a new wire and ground it there is no ground wire on the old ignitor.

This diagram will help.
the spot where it says old ignitor, thats supossed to be the stock plug you are removing and it shows you where the wires go from that plug to the new one on the right.
Old 07-30-12, 03:54 PM
sj408
Instructor

awesome ali, so for the coilpacks the 1st ones slave wire goes to 6?

so its like this (coilpack to slave wire cylinder)

1 and 6 3 and 4 and 2 and 5?

Guess it was naiive for assuming it would be 1 to 2 3 to 4 etc
Old 07-30-12, 04:04 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I think you missed it but the diagram above shows where the coilpack actually sits on a stock IS GS and SC.
The wires are not on the diagram though.
cylinder 1 is closest to the radiator.

Coil 1 sits on cylinder 6, and the wire runs to cylinder 1.
Coil 2 sits on cylinder 2, and the wire runs to cylinder 5.
Coil 3 sits on cylinder 4, and the wire runs to cylinder 3.

I have seen people install them in reverse where the coils sit on 1, 3, and 5 but the wiring the connectors face the back of the motor which means running the harness out the back possibly. I like to have them the stock way as shown above, that way you also have a plug wire on #1 to easily check the timing. some people wont know to check plug wire 6 if you installed it in reverse with the coilpack sitting on plug 1.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 07-30-12 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-30-12, 04:19 PM
sj408
Instructor

I think you missed it but the diagram above shows where the coilpack actually sits on a stock IS GS and SC.
The wires are not on the diagram though.
cylinder 1 is closest to the radiator.

Coil 1 sits on cylinder 6, and the wire runs to cylinder 1.
Coil 2 sits on cylinder 2, and the wire runs to cylinder 5.
Coil 3 sits on cylinder 4, and the wire runs to cylinder 3.

I have seen people install them in reverse where the coils sit on 1, 3, and 5 but the wiring the connectors face the back of the motor which means running the harness out the back possibly. I like to have them the stock way as shown above, that way you also have a plug wire on #1 to easily check the timing. some people wont know to check plug wire 6 if you installed it in reverse with the coilpack sitting on plug 1.
guess i did, thanks

So the wiring digram above is in addition to the extra wiring ill have to do at the ecu? looks funs

is the wiring above that crosses needing to be spliced where each intersect? or is that simply for routing illustration
Old 07-30-12, 07:30 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yes this is the wiring for the actual coilpacks. it has all the wiring on there, except it doesnt show the splicing stuff at the ecu you have to do in my other thread.

those wires should not be crossed you are removing the old connector completely, those are just for routing illustration.
you take the pins out of the old plug and stick them into the appropriate places on the new connector.
the only wire you will be splicing on the ignitor plug is the power wire B+ 12v for the coils.
Old 07-30-12, 11:35 PM
sj408
Instructor

yes this is the wiring for the actual coilpacks. it has all the wiring on there, except it doesnt show the splicing stuff at the ecu you have to do in my other thread.

those wires should not be crossed you are removing the old connector completely, those are just for routing illustration.
you take the pins out of the old plug and stick them into the appropriate places on the new connector.
the only wire you will be splicing on the ignitor plug is the power wire B+ 12v for the coils.
i was actually talking about the diagram on the first page of this thread, i do that wiring down at the ecu and then follow the diagram on this page up by the igniter?

Name:  wiringvvticoils.png
Views: 929
Size:  27.5 KB

heres my crude diagram of what i have so far, am i supposed to piggyback them onto the other coils or run a wire straight doiwn to the ecu and jump them as in the diagram? wasnt sure if the first page diagram is supposed to be incorporated as well but thats what i gathered

Last edited by sj408; 07-31-12 at 04:05 PM.

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod