SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Information about SC300's for someone new

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-10, 02:24 PM
TheBlurr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information about SC300's for someone new

I'm new to the SC300 world, and to the Lexus platform in general, but not to the automotive modification world.

I just picked up a 93 5-speed and now I've been scouring the intertubes looking for some sort of definitive informational resource and a few of the best parts websites which list a large portion of the available products.

I come from the 3000GT/Stealth world; to give an example of what I'm hoping to find, here are two websites that are commonly used when people are looking for parts or information within that platform.

http://www.stealth316.com/0-frames.htm
http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_index.asp

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated.

Gotta say that I really like this forum so far too btw.
Old 03-03-10, 02:33 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

www.intellexual.net

... and others.. lol i think they have a sticky on the top of this page for new members, welcome !

Last edited by FuMoFFuTT; 03-03-10 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-03-10, 03:40 PM
TheBlurr
Driver School Candidate

Perfect! That is exactly something I was looking for!

Yeah, I saw that sticky but it didn't give me what I was looking for.
Old 03-03-10, 04:25 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

intellexual.net and lextreme.com are good sources

welcome and congrats on the 5SPD
Old 03-03-10, 04:32 PM
BBriBro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The link above probably didn't work since it was spelled wrong, it's actually http://www.intellexual.net/ but yeah that's a great source. I've also found some good reading at http://soarercentral.com/cgi-bin/sc-forum/discus.cgi And as far as this forum? Here are my 2 cents. I feel like the Lexus owners are a little older, well maybe not older, but more mature than say the typical Honda or Mustang crowd. It takes a certain person to want to drive an older car. This site has been unbelievably helpful to me for several reasons. There is plenty of cosmetic stuff; interior color changes, wheels and tires, spoilers, lighting, etc etc. Also plenty of detailed more technical info; engine swaps, wiring harness changes, factory stereo wiring, pinouts, etc etc.

For the most part I have found everthing I've ever wanted to know and more right here. I noticed that there is a lot of very old info, which is great! I use the search button, and I'm amazed at how many 6 and 7 year old threads I find, complete with Pics! It seems that most other forums for whatever reason at some time or another lose that stuff due to server crashes and whatnot, which is frustrating for a new guy like you (and me) and frustrating for the senior folks who then have to answer all the same old questions again and again, this is especially true for cars this old, where it really has been discussed before.

You'll find plenty of info on what wheels and tires fit, what steering wheels interchange, which airbags work out of other models, etc etc. Lots of good stuff just based on the sheer number of people who have "been there done that"

The Lexus by nature seems to be pretty complex, for example, I was very grateful when I found all the pinouts for the factory stereo, including the amplifier, CD changer, and Sub amplifier (all separate components mind you) and since my car had an aftermarket Head unit, It really helped me trace what should and shouldn't be there.

As far as performance parts, Lots of the stuff from the Supra interchanges so the skys the limit there.

And finally, since you are a new guy with a 5 spd, you can probably help me out !! take a look at my latest wild goose chase. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...some-help.html

BTW, cool about the Mitsu 3000 and Stealth, I never see those cars anymore. I can see why you bought an SC, you like to be different.
Old 03-03-10, 04:32 PM
TheBlurr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jadu
intellexual.net and lextreme.com are good sources

welcome and congrats on the 5SPD
Thanks! I got really lucky on the 5 speed. The interior is trashed (for now), everyone that's seen it compares it to having the tiger from The Hangover rampage in the front seats and door panels. The driver door was literally falling to pieces I hate crapy owners of great cars!
Old 03-03-10, 04:42 PM
BBriBro
Driver

This might be of interest to you too. The factory repair manual. These things usually don't stay around forever for free, so get it quick ! (over 4000 pages !! ) http://www.zshare.net/download/5185463529a5bf95/
Old 03-03-10, 05:37 PM
TheBlurr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BBriBro
This might be of interest to you too. The factory repair manual. These things usually don't stay around forever for free, so get it quick ! (over 4000 pages !! ) http://www.zshare.net/download/5185463529a5bf95/
Effin' sweet!!! I've been looking for this for two days!!! Thanks, seriously, this is exactly what I needed!
Old 03-03-10, 05:51 PM
TheBlurr
Driver School Candidate

The link above probably didn't work since it was spelled wrong, it's actually http://www.intellexual.net/ but yeah that's a great source. I've also found some good reading at http://soarercentral.com/cgi-bin/sc-forum/discus.cgi And as far as this forum? Here are my 2 cents. I feel like the Lexus owners are a little older, well maybe not older, but more mature than say the typical Honda or Mustang crowd. It takes a certain person to want to drive an older car. This site has been unbelievably helpful to me for several reasons. There is plenty of cosmetic stuff; interior color changes, wheels and tires, spoilers, lighting, etc etc. Also plenty of detailed more technical info; engine swaps, wiring harness changes, factory stereo wiring, pinouts, etc etc.

For the most part I have found everthing I've ever wanted to know and more right here. I noticed that there is a lot of very old info, which is great! I use the search button, and I'm amazed at how many 6 and 7 year old threads I find, complete with Pics! It seems that most other forums for whatever reason at some time or another lose that stuff due to server crashes and whatnot, which is frustrating for a new guy like you (and me) and frustrating for the senior folks who then have to answer all the same old questions again and again, this is especially true for cars this old, where it really has been discussed before.

You'll find plenty of info on what wheels and tires fit, what steering wheels interchange, which airbags work out of other models, etc etc. Lots of good stuff just based on the sheer number of people who have "been there done that"

The Lexus by nature seems to be pretty complex, for example, I was very grateful when I found all the pinouts for the factory stereo, including the amplifier, CD changer, and Sub amplifier (all separate components mind you) and since my car had an aftermarket Head unit, It really helped me trace what should and shouldn't be there.

As far as performance parts, Lots of the stuff from the Supra interchanges so the skys the limit there.

And finally, since you are a new guy with a 5 spd, you can probably help me out !! take a look at my latest wild goose chase. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...some-help.html

BTW, cool about the Mitsu 3000 and Stealth, I never see those cars anymore. I can see why you bought an SC, you like to be different.
Thanks for the additional website links. The Soarer Central one looks like it will have a lot of information that I'll be looking for.

Yeah, I expected that the SC3 crowd would be a bit older/more mature. It's pretty much that way with the 3000GT VR4 Crowd too, or at least becoming more so now that those cars are becoming more rare and the only people taking good care of them are more mature owners. Same with the Supra crowd too I imagine.

I expect the SC3 to be relatively complex. Going over it for the first time before I bought it I realized that It's next to identical in terms of complexity as my 91 NA Stealth so I'm more than ready for it. Kinda eager actually, I don't know anything about the 2JZ motor so I'm ready to learn!

I posted a reply to your thread btw

I was very pleasantly surprised when I found out that the wheel fitment for the SC3 is identical to the 3000GT/Stealth Platform. At to make it look slightly better temporarily, I'm going to pick up a set of stock chrome VR4 wheels, paint over the mitsu logo and I'll have what'll look like this...

Old 03-03-10, 05:53 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to the CL world. Its everything then some. The sky is the limit here. You can find just about everything you are looking for, if not then post. I am glad we got you away from the Mitsubishi 3000GT world, and in for the SC's. If you need parts, contact Aliga or check the classifieds sections. For some other website for new stuff, check out www.Luxurymods.com and www.assaultech.com. Again welcome and lets see some pictures of the inside and out.
Old 03-03-10, 05:56 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey,
do you know if they have the manual for my 430? I would really appreciate it if you can check for me.

-Tommy
Old 03-03-10, 06:00 PM
BBriBro
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
Hey,
do you know if they have the manual for my 430? I would really appreciate it if you can check for me.

-Tommy
Man, I have no idea, I found that by clicking about 4 different links to about 3 different forums, I was just so excited it actually worked, I wanted to share sorry
Old 03-03-10, 06:03 PM
TheBlurr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Welcome to the CL world. Its everything then some. The sky is the limit here. You can find just about everything you are looking for, if not then post. I am glad we got you away from the Mitsubishi 3000GT world, and in for the SC's. If you need parts, contact Aliga or check the classifieds sections. For some other website for new stuff, check out www.Luxurymods.com and www.assaultech.com. Again welcome and lets see some pictures of the inside and out.
Thanks!

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on the classified section. I need a lot of interior stuff. I'll make sure I keep a look out for Aliga and look into those sites for sure. The more resources the better!

Haha, actually I'm far from removed from the 3S (3000GT/Stealth) world. I run Vegas3S, the 3000GT/Stealth club/crew here in Vegas. I work on them all the time too, so I'm basically adding more to the portfolio as it were Regardless though, I'm really glad that I have one now. I have a friend that has an SC300 too and I've always really liked his so now we have twins haha. Now we've just gotta turbo both of them
Old 03-03-10, 06:05 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I have no idea, I found that by clicking about 4 different links to about 3 different forums, I was just so excited it actually worked, I wanted to share sorry
lol, I know its really hard to find this stuff. well thanks anyway!
Old 03-03-10, 06:08 PM
TheBlurr
Driver School Candidate

Wow, that Luxurymods site is great, it has stuff that I've had a hard time finding; like a new shift boot and a lot of other random stuff! Thanks again!