SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Can't find Tilt Telescopic ECU.

Old 03-02-10, 09:48 AM
BBriBro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can't find Tilt Telescopic ECU.

This started as a quest to fix my seat memory. I found this old thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...5spd-swap.html which gave me a lead. It was a long shot, but I was going to ground out that gray wire and see if it fixes it, unfortunately I never thought I wouldn't even be able to find the ECU ! Most people that have done a manual tranny swap say the Tilt ECU is right where the clutch pedal needs to go. Well my car was swapped, but from a 5spd to a 6spd, so it always had a clutch pedal. I assume the ecu was in a different spot on the factory manual cars. I circled a bolt hole in this pic, Can someone tell me if that is where the Tilt ECU is normally mounted? And anyone have an idea where it might be?

Old 03-02-10, 06:11 PM
BBriBro
Driver

For those of you who have no idea what this is about, you could still help just by posting a similar pic of your car for comparisons sake
Old 03-02-10, 06:22 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

It's to the left of the cruise control ECU, at least it should be. I'd take a pic of where it is in my car, but mine is zip tied from a 5spd swap.

You sure it wasn't just taken out?

If you have 2 long loose plugs, you'll know you have a missing unit. I can send you one, just pay for shipping and it's yours.
Old 03-02-10, 06:56 PM
BBriBro
Driver

wouldn't you see it in this pic? Or is it further to the left? I doubt it was taken out, my tilt and telescopic works, manual and auto. And EVERYTHING power on the seats works except the memory.
Old 03-02-10, 07:18 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Then it's further to the left, it's probably tucked up somewhere.
Old 12-19-10, 05:01 PM
BBriBro
Driver

Just a follow up, I did in fact find the Tilt ECU, it's nowhere near the pedals. On a factory 5 speed car it's on the right side. You have to remove the glove box, and the structural lower dash bar, and the A/C duct and then it's in plain sight, mine was green though, not white. I found the gray wire at B6, made a little jumper and grounded it under a nearby screw and voila the seat memory works !! This is great news, even though I'm the only driver, LOL.
Old 08-15-14, 02:04 PM
huezoaniba
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBriBro
Just a follow up, I did in fact find the Tilt ECU, it's nowhere near the pedals. On a factory 5 speed car it's on the right side. You have to remove the glove box, and the structural lower dash bar, and the A/C duct and then it's in plain sight, mine was green though, not white. I found the gray wire at B6, made a little jumper and grounded it under a nearby screw and voila the seat memory works !! This is great news, even though I'm the only driver, LOL.

And for the automatic where is the tilt ecu
Old 08-15-14, 02:19 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

underneath the steering wheel area