SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Leak on passenger's side floor

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-10, 10:46 PM
yashwar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this same problem and i cant figure it out.The water is the back floor behind both seats.It cant be the heater core or ac for me because i dont drive the car.I droped my headliner and saw no water leak or disconected drain hose for the sunroof.It only happens when it rains.I notice there was some water inside my trunk under the cd changer and the oposite side.I blow out all the sunroof drains and still have the same problem.Please can somebody help me cuz im very close to pulling everything out from the interior lol.
Old 04-23-10, 03:35 AM
daudbros
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am the most recent owner gone thru this big time..Okay may i suggest to check the drain valve there are several located undercarriage and other places your dealer know them it is possible that one of them is chocked/or not functioning when it rains...I am sure they will find it let me know what happens next..
Old 06-23-15, 02:45 PM
joel(PA)
Rookie

I had a similar issue in my IS300, but it was my A/C drain.

I checked under the carpet and found this line full of water
Leak on passenger's side floor-2fms91e.jpg

So i pulled the rubber line and used a coke bottle to catch the water that was pent up in there. then i just blew air through the rubber line and out came a ******** spider.
Old 04-02-16, 06:46 PM
tarq3
Driver

I am in the same boat as you, noticed water in my trunk under the CD changer and over on the opposite side by the antenna also on the front driver and passenger side floor. Really need some help and direction on this one.

Originally Posted by yashwar
I have this same problem and i cant figure it out.The water is the back floor behind both seats.It cant be the heater core or ac for me because i dont drive the car.I droped my headliner and saw no water leak or disconected drain hose for the sunroof.It only happens when it rains.I notice there was some water inside my trunk under the cd changer and the oposite side.I blow out all the sunroof drains and still have the same problem.Please can somebody help me cuz im very close to pulling everything out from the interior lol.
Old 04-03-16, 10:21 PM
jstrummer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tarq3
I am in the same boat as you, noticed water in my trunk under the CD changer and over on the opposite side by the antenna also on the front driver and passenger side floor. Really need some help and direction on this one.
There is a drain hose at the bottom of the antenna assembly that might be disconnected. Can't help with the water near the CD changer.
Old 10-11-19, 06:46 AM
createch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dan7u
Leaking from underneath the carpet/floor mats. Already ruled out that its not coming from the bottom of the car or the door seal. Any ideas? The water seems to puddle up near the "center bar" of the passenger side floorboard.
Dear mysterious leak people - I may have the answer!

My rear passenger seat got drenched in the rain for years. Tried everything. Had body shop clear drains, sealed moon roof, replaced door seals etc.

And then, ta-da, I had a revelation!

The floor wasn't just getting wet - it was getting wet quickly......

So, after taking a long look at the car and.....thinking like the rain and a moving vehicle....and wondered where the water would enter.....

It was.......

the windshield!

Sealed the windshield with silicone and GOODBYE LEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by createch; 10-11-19 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Improvement