SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

cel code p773

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-11, 01:22 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cel code p773

well i got my sc300 about 6 months ago and with it came a lot more expense then i anticipated. it came with the code p773 which is shift solenoid e electrical. i put it in the shop and had them do a major tuneup drive pully,timing belt,drive tensioner,waterpump. and i had them service the tranny and put in a new shift solenoid they told me there were a lot of metal shavings in the tranny and that i need to rebuild it. so with the cel light off i got it inspected and ignored it until now the light came back on. so this is just a confirmation that its time to go ahead with the manual swap.

i have searched this forum pretty well and i dont really see a good auto to manual swap thread. just a link to the supra forum which i am not a member and cant view the threads without joining. and a few vague ones here. one that just started looks promising. but its early. so can someone point me to a thread that is thorough? here is what i am looking for.

i will need a complete parts list for a w58 swap.
suggestions on what parts to buy new.
any links to deals on parts for the swap.
suggestions on what to pay for parts i need to know whats a good deal and whats ridiculous.

i have a 2jzge with 190k on it. should i go ahead and buy a full engine and 5spd swap? and just do it all at once? i would really like a stock turbo setup so i think this may be the most cost effective road. but i just dont know which way to go i am limited in funds and time. if i dont get this done in the next 4 months it may not get done. i have a decent income for the next four months and time to kill. though i am not setup to do a full engine swap myself. i could do a tranny swap but that means sticking with my high mileage engine and probably having to rebuild it sooner then later. i just want the car to be ready to last because i cant keep throwing cash into repairs.

looking for some real answers to an affordable solution to this its a real big problem for me because i love this car and dont wanna ditch it. really would appreciate any help you guys can give.
super bummed to see that cel come back on so soon. i know that means the tranny is just grinding away a lot faster then i wanted it too.
Old 06-06-11, 10:02 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

bump bump help a brotha out drop some knowledge.
Old 06-06-11, 03:13 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

bump again. not being impatient just dont want the thread to get gone. how about ebay vendors that sale full swap setups anybody have experience with any of these companys? good or bad and vendor names?
Old 06-06-11, 05:48 PM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

alrighty i get it.