SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

location of fuel pump relay (93 sc300)

Old 11-03-09, 08:56 PM
sc300vroom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default location of fuel pump relay (93 sc300)

im having fuel pump issues, i just bought this car and is hoping it has nothing to do with wiring. Does anyone know where th fp relay is?
Old 11-03-09, 09:00 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i believe the fuel pump relay is the same one as the main efi relay which is the round cylinder one in the fuse box in the engine bay. the relay can he had at an autozone for about 12 bucks.

to test it you can use the other one that looks just like it in the same fuse box... i think its the defroster one.

if not its probably your fuel pump ecu thats giving you issues
Old 11-03-09, 09:06 PM
sc300vroom
Driver School Candidate

the thing is that the guy i bought it from just recently changed the fuel pump ecu to a brand new one. i checked the efi main relay but i thought there would be one for the fuel pump itself. any ideas what it would be? when bypassed the pump works but continuously when completely off. when i first bought the car the guy left the bypass for the pump connected and the engine was flooded and i had to flush out the gas but right now i just want it to normally for now

Last edited by sc300vroom; 11-03-09 at 09:10 PM. Reason: add on
Old 11-03-09, 09:22 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you mean bypass the pump? like jumped the connector in the diagnostic port? one way you can test if its the fuel pump ecu is to jump the 2 terminals in the diagnostic port (i dont remember which one it is)

mine had a problem starting and would stall alot for no reason and sometimes never start. alot of times very erratic.

every time i jumped the 2 terminals my car would start right up just fine and when i pulled it out it died. i went to the junk yard and bought 3 different fuel pump ecu's and none fixed the issue. what are the chances 3 fuel pump ecu's are all out?

i finally just did the 12v mod thingy on mine and bypassed the fuel pump ecu. never had a problem again.
Old 11-04-09, 07:31 PM
sc300vroom
Driver School Candidate

Can soomeone show me a picture of the main relay for the fuel pump? I tried looking on the internet but not sure if it was the right one.
Old 11-07-09, 08:31 PM
vangb2
Pole Position

First, Check the Main relay (part of the fuel system). Located under the hood where all the fuses are. There should be a diagram under the cover. Look for Main.

Make sure it's a new fuel pump ecu as the previous owner claimed. The FP ecu is located in the rear under the driver side qaurter glass. You will have to remove the panel and maybe the rear seat to access to the ecu.

Testing Part: Caution---ignition must be on, engine off. Once you have access, you can simply jump test by taking a wire and hook from Black/Red wire to Green Wire. Make sure they are the bigger 2 wires of the four. If the pump work with the jump, you may have a bad FP ecu. You can permanantly wire the two wires by soldering or butting it.

It's not necessary to retain the FP ecu. It only helps to keep the FP working at minimum so it can extend the life of FP. Gives about 1-2 extra years of life. Buy new FP instead of new FP ecu.