SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

problem with factory alarm...help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09, 06:50 PM
roadkill5o
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default problem with factory alarm...help please

when i bought my car back in may the alarm was working fine, id lock the car and the alarm would turn on...then one day it just stopped turning on when i lock the car...the doors will lock but the security light wont blink like it did before, and the alarm wont turn on if i unlock form the inside by hand when the car is locked, when it should...now my question is. Is there a fuse for the alarm system that for some reason may have gone out? What other reasons could cause this?
Old 09-15-09, 12:47 AM
roadkill5o
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nobody????
Old 12-12-09, 06:39 AM
mousiee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to revive this old thread, but i have the same problem. My alarm seems not to be working. The keyless entry works but not the alarm. Can anyone shed any light on this issue?
Old 12-12-09, 07:11 AM
Scotty
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 8 Posts

Toyota and Lexus vehicles arm their alarms on lock once all doors are closed. That said, I had an LS400 with a bad driver door pin that would sometimes not arm and worked again with the replacement of the pin switch. The SC400 door pin is built into the door latch.

I'd check to see if your dome lights work with both doors. If the dome light comes on with both doors it's time to test the system by locking and closing all doors. Once the security light has gone from solid to blinking (takes roughly 30 seconds to fully arm), test the alarm by reaching in the window and unlocking the door, that should set off the alarm.

If your dome lights come on and alarm still isn't working, then there is a good chance something in the alarm module isn't functioning as it should be. It may be cheaper and less time consuming to just replace it with an aftermarket alarm/keyless rather than mess around trying to fix the factory one, assuming everthing else is working.
Old 12-13-09, 03:11 PM
mousiee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scotty6486
Toyota and Lexus vehicles arm their alarms on lock once all doors are closed. That said, I had an LS400 with a bad driver door pin that would sometimes not arm and worked again with the replacement of the pin switch. The SC400 door pin is built into the door latch.

I'd check to see if your dome lights work with both doors. If the dome light comes on with both doors it's time to test the system by locking and closing all doors. Once the security light has gone from solid to blinking (takes roughly 30 seconds to fully arm), test the alarm by reaching in the window and unlocking the door, that should set off the alarm.

If your dome lights come on and alarm still isn't working, then there is a good chance something in the alarm module isn't functioning as it should be. It may be cheaper and less time consuming to just replace it with an aftermarket alarm/keyless rather than mess around trying to fix the factory one, assuming everthing else is working.
I followed your instructions and come to find out my alarm does work. I guess I didn't let the alarm set when I tried it before. Thanks for your help!

Mousiee
Old 05-05-10, 11:02 AM
se_bb2
Rookie

I have a similar problem, my security light is blinking but power door lock just stopped working. I'm not able to turn off the alarm with my key anymore on both doors. I can't turn on my car neither due to that i believe. is it my alarm module not functioning correctly anymore? or a bad fuse? need new door latch?? I been fighting this for 2 days already. I need to fix this any suggestions will be greatly appreciated ! thanks