SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Trade my SC3 for a WS-6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-09, 06:21 AM
95silversc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idk they are similar cars. I like to think of the SC as the Japanese camaro or firebird if it were made by Cadillac er... Lexus =). Ive rode around in quite a few f-bodys. Never owned one. But plenty of my friends have. If I was gonna get one it would be a fairly late one like the one the op is looking at. I wouldnt do it cuz I like the SC more. The sc is easier to park, its a smaller car, but still nice on the inside unless you are tall. The SC is a little smaller in the back seat too but has a nicer interior overall, gets better gas mileage, handles better, and requires less maintenance. And on a 2jz you can make ~900hp without pulling the head.

Id keep the SC. But if I was really rich id own at lest 1 f-body. Prolly an 02 TA.

To each his own tho.

I was chillin with my buddy who has an f-body and we were talking about my ride. He was like "idk why you dont drive that v8 you got I bet you would get alot more attention."

I dont need or want attention tho. I like the classy subtle elegance of the SC. Low key and stylish. Doesn't cause a scene but stands out in a crowd. <3 the SC!!!
Old 06-21-09, 08:09 AM
roxanne
Pole Position

Depending on the condition of the trans-am, its probably the better deal to be real considering the millage. The SC still has better reliability IMO, but the parts are more expensive...so pick your poison.

Side note: please don't ever call a fire bird a corvette...that's insulting
Old 06-21-09, 08:26 AM
XS_SC300
Driver

A lot of mixed opinions! That's always good, well it's a red 2001 TA, my SC has been crapping out on me lately too, not so much the engine cuz i maintain it really well, but the cosmetic stuff, i got a scratch on my paint from a rock that fell off a truck, then my "Y section" of the exhaust got ripped up. Chrome rims started to pit so i had to get new ones, and on top of that my compressor just flopped on me. So i have a choice of sell the SC or fix it for 6k.....OR i can get the TA the guy's selling it to me for 16k.
Old 06-21-09, 09:22 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
Negative Ghost Rider, The pattern is full.
Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Talk to me Goose
I feel the need... The need for speed ......LMAO you guys are too funny
Old 06-21-09, 10:07 AM
PecosBill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by XS_SC300
A lot of mixed opinions! That's always good, well it's a red 2001 TA, my SC has been crapping out on me lately too, not so much the engine cuz i maintain it really well, but the cosmetic stuff, i got a scratch on my paint from a rock that fell off a truck, then my "Y section" of the exhaust got ripped up. Chrome rims started to pit so i had to get new ones, and on top of that my compressor just flopped on me. So i have a choice of sell the SC or fix it for 6k.....OR i can get the TA the guy's selling it to me for 16k.
You run that chance with any car. At least if something else cosmetic happens to the SC it wont be as bad as it happening to the "new to you" TA
Old 06-21-09, 10:20 AM
XS_SC300
Driver

Originally Posted by PecosBill
You run that chance with any car. At least if something else cosmetic happens to the SC it wont be as bad as it happening to the "new to you" TA
yeah but i had a TA for 3 years before i got my sc so i know them pretty well...
Old 06-21-09, 10:26 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dude, I am sorry, but this post was truly worthless on this forum.
Old 06-21-09, 10:38 AM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XS_SC300
yeah but i had a TA for 3 years before i got my sc so i know them pretty well...
Looks to my like your mind is all made-up. So just do it. Hopefully your SCxxx goes into GOOD Hand's that don't mind the Small Short Comings of Owning a 11 year old vehicle. Hit Club Lexus up in 2012 and let us know how your 2001 TransAm WS-6 Fair the Test of Time
Old 06-21-09, 11:04 AM
DJ XO
Pole Position

Trying to picture htis car in my head.. If itsa Turbo TA then I would consider that. Asisde from that, I'm not a huge Trans Am person.
Just my OPINION of course. Good luck either way!
Old 06-21-09, 11:25 AM
XS_SC300
Driver

Here are some pics of my SC300

that last one was with the old rims.
Old 06-21-09, 12:17 PM
Thelife
Rookie

http://s842.photobucket.com/albums/z...=DSC_0009.jpg][/URL]
Kkspokey17 [1:16 P.M.]:

Old 06-21-09, 12:22 PM
Thelife
Rookie

best of both worlds i have had the ta for 5 years now and i am very impressed with this car although the ta and the sc are like comparing dogs to cats lol. im happy, all bolt on's and a procharger lil bit of nitrous (100 wet) with supporting mods and a good rearend, you can really put some power down. Go for it if you are not tryin to make ur sc anything special.
Old 06-21-09, 01:12 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
I think you would be better off with the fully built DSM I retardedly considered trading my SC300 for..much happier with my SC3 and my na-t build..even with the problems I have been running into..

keep the SC..
Hahaha...i got rid of my fully built dsm for the SC! Keep the SC, leave the WS-6 for the old white guys who cant afford the new vettes!
Old 06-21-09, 01:27 PM
QwkSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

32K on an 01? DUIT!!

Cam+Bolt-ons and you will be at low 12s in the 1/4 easy.

Last edited by QwkSC; 06-21-09 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-22-09, 01:15 AM
spin all 4
Driver School Candidate

The SC and WS6 just are not in the same class.

The WS6 has the SC beat in raw hp/torque. It will always be cheaper to upgrade, build, replace parts on. Electrical gremlins and minor **** braking all the time will drive you insane.

The SC has a much better fit and finish, reliability, the interior will hold up better longer. The SC has a buttery smooth IRS where the WS6 really sucks with the solid rear axle if you like to turn the steering wheel as opposed to just running it at the drag strip. Lexus parts will always be more money when something does brake.

My father owned a 95 Trans Am, currently has a vortech SC 95 vette, and I've looked at plenty of WS6's, Camaro SS's, ect I love them for weekend toys, but for something that has to get you around every day the Lexus wins.

Quick Reply: Trade my SC3 for a WS-6?