SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

If its not one thing its another

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-09, 10:05 AM
95silversc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If its not one thing its another

My BABY GOT HIT!!! Sorry this is long Im really angry & Need to vent.

First off Im located in central Texas and yesterday (Memorial day) my A/C gave up the ghost right on schedule with the first day of summer. So I got no sleep last night and now Im gonna be looking at an A/C repair bill but thats just small potatoes.

Was leaving work today and decided to take a short cut thru a parking lot so I could turn right and not have to wait in line behind all the noobs who cant drive. So I get thru the parking lot and find that im going to be waiting in line anyways. Fine. Im tired from work & I was going to be waiting anyways so Im not irritated or driving aggressively or anything like I normally do just chilling waiting for my turn. Cars turn onto the street one by one and the line in front of me gets smaller. The street Im turning onto is a divided highway. I only have access to west bound traffic and thats where I want to go. Visibility is almost two miles in the direction traffic is coming from. Finally Im next. I roll my car into position to be able to see the traffic and negotiate my way onto the roadway. I cannot immediately enter the traffic but see an opening about a quarter mile out in the traffic coming toward me. I brake to bring my car to a complete stop and then move my foot back to the gas. So I am now clutch in and ready on the gas to be able to enter the highway.

All of a sudden I feel a BUMP fairly hard from behind. And I am now rolling down the parking lot driveway into the roadway. I check in my mirror and see a car literally up my ***. I am at this point past the point of no return and have to enter the roadway so I use the shoulder and pull completely off the road.

The ***** pulls in behind me but is so inconsiderate and stupid she leaves her car in the shoulder and when she gets out her door is in the right of way. AND SHE LEAVES IT OPEN PPL ARE LIKE HONKING AND ****. I bring her to the passenger side of my car where we had realitive safety (obviously not the best place to hang out but we lived). I ask for her information and she says she doesnt have her insurance with her. Then she says she wants to see the damage to our cars. I point out the damage on my car and here is where I started to get really angry.

Basically she crushed my bumper in several places. The material is cracked all around the license plate and in anther spot to the right of the plate. I'm assuming its just going to be bumper cover, bumper + paint.

She goes "That was there already!"

OMFG are you ****ign serious??? I ****ing waxed this car two days ago and you are going to tell me what the **** damage was already there who the **** do you think you are!!!!!!!

I calmly respond "No it wasnt you did that just now when you struck me from behind and pushed me into the road. You are lucky I am an amazing driver and didnt hit anyone else because of you!"

Then she says "...Well show me the damage on my car!!!"

I respond "I am under no obligation to show you anything, May I have your insurance information or do I need to call the police?"

I wish I had called the cops anyways stupid ***** woulda gotten a ticket and Id have peace of mind.

She lets up somewhat when I mention the police but is now trying to play on my pity ( Thats funny girly. Nice try but ur barking up the wrong tree I dont like white girls & have 0 sympathy and 100% HATE for ppl who fail at driving especially "cute" women who think they can get away with sucking at driving cuz they are "cute" especially when they arent pretty or cute or anything close to it at all.)

"But I didnt even hit you that hard! And you can barely tell!" she cries

Barely?? That crack stands out like the zit on ur face *****.

She begs some more and I threaten to call the cops again. She finally admits that she has her insurance info with her and gets it out of her car. I copy down her insurance info, VIN and plate #. Then make her write down her name and phone number on the paper. Checking to make sure it matches her insurance card.

After I am satisfied that I have everything I need from her I thank her and start to get into my car.

She goes "Arent you gonna give me your info????!?!?!" lol
me - "What information do you want?"
her- " I dont know ive never done this before what do we do what happens now??"
me- "Ill give you my name ph# and insurance policy number, then we both go our separate ways. When I get where im going I am going to call your insurance company and get the claim started. Since you struck me from behind you are going to be liable, you might pay a deductible and your insurance rate might go up I don't know. Basically you will hear from me or your insurance company later today."

We got back in our cars and I let her pull out first so she wouldn't be behind me. As she was pulling out I had this feeling she was gonna try to **** me and that I should have called the cops on her anyway.

--------------------------------
Her insurance company called while I was typing this. They are going to pay for my repairs. And a rental car too. It sux cuz I was gonna get the whole car painted soon but have had trouble getting a carbon fiber hood delivered without breaking in transit and this is just another delay in getting paint. Im afraid to just take the check buy a bumper and wait to get it painted with the rest of the car. I dont want there to be something I missed that needs fixing that she should pay for. So im gonna have to get it repaired now and then painted again in like a month or when ever I get my hood.
Old 05-26-09, 10:15 AM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Barely?? That crack stands out like the zit on ur face *****

Hilarious, Good thing it did not turn out worst
Old 05-26-09, 10:16 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have slapped her, taken her license, called her a few names, then set her car on fire...

ok not really, but that sucks..you should have called the cops..cause now its just her word against yours..be sure to take pictures of any and all damage from every angle possible, call her insurance like NOW, and start the claim against her..get an email address from her insurance and email them the pictures of the damage..
Old 05-26-09, 10:20 AM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

glad it worked out
Old 05-26-09, 10:21 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That freaking sucks man.. At least you wasnt hurt ot anyone else. Keep us posted and slap the holy ***** out of her next time, then call the cops.... Your word against hers!!!
Old 05-26-09, 10:28 AM
ucfa4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would call the cops bc people these days are loco and will try to get out of anything. Gl w that.
Old 05-26-09, 10:35 AM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

at least everything will be taken care of and you are ok. good luck.
Old 05-26-09, 11:07 AM
renren7
Lead Lap

yea i would have definitely called the police if that happened to me... people today will make up anything man... my friend got rear ended and was nice enough to not call the police, then the guy at fault end up saying she backed into her so it was a 50/50 case, sucks for her
Old 05-26-09, 12:07 PM
QwkSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where in TX are you? SA?
Old 05-26-09, 12:21 PM
7sins
Driver

I got side swiped by a RENTAL RV a few months back. I had to chase the old man down cause he didn't even know he hit me. I was the last car in the left lane at a light and he tried to squeeze into the left turn lane and caught my left rear quarter. So after I chased him down and got him pulled over, I noticed someone following me a witness who saw the entire event take place, he begged me not to call the police. I mean this old guy begged me. He gave me 200 bucks not to call the cops. I took his insurance info, name, number, social security number, tag #, I even wrote down his dogs name. He told me he would appreciate it if we kept the whole thing off the books because he didn't want his wife to find out as she was terrified of him driving such a big vechile already. The guy told me that whatever it would cost for a bodyshop to fix the car he would double it. So I took the car home and buffed it out cause all it was was a bit of smudge no scratch no dent, but as I was buffing I noticed the chunk missing from my wheel. got a price on a new wheel from Keystone (stock g35 wheels) 283.xx. I called the old man met up with him showed him the damage gave him the quote and he gave me 800 bucks then said thank you for keeping this out of the books.
Old 05-26-09, 12:22 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bad people, bad drivers and insurance companies **** me off...
Old 05-26-09, 12:31 PM
HellFish
Lexus Test Driver

i feel your pain with idiots. some guy backed into me a couple months ago and claimed the damage was already there cause i was in my beater. i didnt have my new insurance card so he wouldnt give up his info until he got my valid card. so that was fine my brother brought me the new info, and it turned out that his info was expired all along.

but yeah should have called the cops as soon as there was attitude.
Old 05-26-09, 01:05 PM
7sins
Driver

99% of the time I would absolutely call the police especially here in FL, with the whole florida no fault deal.
Old 05-26-09, 01:25 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"I took his insurance info, name, number, social security number, tag #, I even wrote down his dogs name."
Old 05-26-09, 05:46 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

could have been worse... good luck with making some $$$ out of the deal though... i did on my old accord.

Quick Reply: If its not one thing its another