Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

help me choose new rims!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-09, 11:12 AM
surrealSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me choose new rims!

well ive tried a couple of time posting this on the wheel/tire fitment section but havent gotten any sort of response.

ive decided to go and have my wheels ordered to specs being that i know a close friend that distributes rotas here in Vegas. and with his offering price to me its not something i could refuse, even though i know a lot have been very bias to owning a set of rotas i just can just pass on this deal for a custom spec. anyways here goes!

to my original reason for posting i need to know the answer to this question before i give him an order.

1. will 19x9.5F 19x11R +20 offset all around fit the SC without any fender pulling? im willing to roll it but would rather stay far away from pulling them just for the mild reason down the road i wanted to get a different look, i dont want to get stuck with WIDE rims because i had pulled the fender.

that being said i know tires would become a huge factor to this question, now what would be the recommended tire size for front and back if i was to pull this off without pulling the fender? id love to get a wide look with a semi stretch if this is possible. definitely dont want the showcar stretch because this is my daily driven car.

question 2 will be determine to be an exception if question 1 isnt possible

2. what would your ideal size be without going to crazy? wheel size, width, offset. im leaning towards a 19 specifically unless told otherwise due to the fact that i test fitted a friends gunmetal 18s and it seemed a bit small, i dont know if it was because of the dark color shade on a white car which made it smaller than it was. here's a picture

3. ive decided on ROTA GRID or ROTA P45R what would you pick?
GRID - looks like the volks te37s and ive grown to the 6 spoke look, a bit rare to see a 6spoke on a SC

P45R - 5 spoke concave also looks very nice but starting to fade from this because 5 spoke is very common and ive seen a couple of guys with this wheels already on this forum, havent yet seen someone with the grids.

4. last but not least royal sport bronze, gold, or hyper silver on a DPW SC.
Old 03-24-09, 11:17 AM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ROTA P45R i like the way they look there is a pic some on here of a white sc with p45r on it it looks good
Old 03-24-09, 11:20 AM
surrealSC
Pole Position

here's a fellow CL member's car, kind looks like the grids but the real volks.

Old 03-24-09, 11:23 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

ROTA GRID FTMFW in bronze or gold would look so sexy on a white sc ask someone to photo shop them for you get a better idea of what they will look like
Old 03-24-09, 11:24 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I say get the grid in bronze. I love the concave style of both, but I agree, 6-spoke is more rare on an SC.
Old 03-24-09, 11:25 AM
ecstaticSC
Racer

Get the Grids, the P45r wheels look to plain.
Old 03-24-09, 11:30 AM
surrealSC
Pole Position

fitment fellaz, need that the sizing questions answer if anyone know...... im definitely leaning towards the grid now but what about question 1?
Old 03-24-09, 11:43 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am running 18x8.5 +33 in the rear, but have a 15mm spacer, so that equates to 8.5 +18 and I am pretty much flush with no negative camber. If you want to be as flush as possible without a pull, I would guess you could go about a +20 on a 11" wide wheel as long as you added a little camber and a stretch. I may be a little off though. Others feel free to jump in.
Old 03-24-09, 12:56 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd probably get a silver or hypersilver...or wheels with a shiny lip and black spokes...i think it looks good on white SC's...
Old 03-24-09, 01:57 PM
kanderson
Driver

The grid bronze would get my vote. What color coupe do you have? I'm guessing white. Just my personal opinion.
Old 03-24-09, 02:02 PM
SoarerAZ
Pole Position

I've seen Rota grids side by side next to TE37's. IMO Rota could never get quite copy them right. The TE37's always seem to have a better stance. The size and width and offset on both Volk and Rota wheels were the same.

I have a big problem with Rota wheels as the quality of them is typically terrible. Most of them look good, unfortunately the type of casting they use in their wheels is the biggest reason why pot holes usually do some hard damage to them. They're very budget friendly wheels, I'll give them that - in the end, you usually end up getting what you pay for...

These used to be Rota D2's...

...and some subzeros before a track lap...

...the same rota subzeros after that same track lap..

I'm not saying this will happen to you, but it has happened MANY times to Rota wheel owners in the past years. There's a reason why they're so affordable..
Old 03-24-09, 02:05 PM
kanderson
Driver

http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html#0291
Have you been here?
Old 03-24-09, 08:01 PM
simmode1
Rookie

The P45R look is more of a Nissan thing to me since they are Nismo LMGT4 knock offs. Grids don't look elegant enough for an SC, IMO. Have you considered the Torque's?

I'd also recommend checking rimtuck.com for fitment suggestions... Good luck!

Last edited by simmode1; 03-24-09 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-24-09, 08:05 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by simmode1
The P45R look is more of a Nissan thing to me since they are Nismo LMGT4 knock offs. I would say go with the Grids. The color depends on what color your car is. But I'm partial to the gold w/ polished lip.

...Not that I'd ever rock Rota's though...
crap you beat me too it. The P45R's belong on Z's
Old 03-24-09, 11:06 PM
surrealSC
Pole Position

yes the car is DPW, wish i can get more feedback on wheel fitment and tire sizes for that fitment?

Quick Reply: help me choose new rims!