SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Project Retro Interior.. ohh yeah this will be a long one.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-09, 11:14 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Little updates for the desing, tonight i've been playing with the setup for the gauge cluster and decided to go with the sc430 design and working from that redesigning it, but Something I really hate about it is how the center console is so large and drops a little more on a angle. So the center console is gonna be a headache, but the rest of the dash looks good, Trying to get ahold of the right vents is gonna be hard, im hoping to find a junk yard i doubt andwhere around here has them but, thank you shippers!! So more decisions have been make, there will be a hidden part of the dash on top tha pops up to reviel 4 more gauges, and that i will most likly be building a in car computer from scratch and have it in the trunk, with a toutch screen and cd/dvd rom in the center cosole im very excited, I love doing crazy customs and building PC's. I will have some new sketches up tomorrow and hopefully start the cardboard mold for the gauge cluster.
Old 02-28-09, 08:12 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CThompsen
Little updates for the desing, tonight i've been playing with the setup for the gauge cluster and decided to go with the sc430 design and working from that redesigning it, but Something I really hate about it is how the center console is so large and drops a little more on a angle. So the center console is gonna be a headache, but the rest of the dash looks good, Trying to get ahold of the right vents is gonna be hard, im hoping to find a junk yard i doubt andwhere around here has them but, thank you shippers!! So more decisions have been make, there will be a hidden part of the dash on top tha pops up to reviel 4 more gauges, and that i will most likly be building a in car computer from scratch and have it in the trunk, with a toutch screen and cd/dvd rom in the center cosole im very excited, I love doing crazy customs and building PC's. I will have some new sketches up tomorrow and hopefully start the cardboard mold for the gauge cluster.
Sketches speak a thousand words...cant wait to see them!
Old 02-28-09, 10:26 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Here is a little update, I've been spending all morning working on sketches and ideas, as you can see im still stuck on the center console, but if you see to the right is 2 sheets I just started one called Retro Center console and the other retro gauge cluster, im looking toward using 4 autometer Nexus gauges two 2 1/16 and two 3 1/8, the Sterio system is getting eliminated by a in car computer that ill be building with the new intel atom processor, and deciding if i should have a touch screen or a touch pad on the lower center console by the shifter.
Old 02-28-09, 10:29 AM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CThompsen
Here is a little update, I've been spending all morning working on sketches and ideas, as you can see im still stuck on the center console, but if you see to the right is 2 sheets I just started one called Retro Center console and the other retro gauge cluster, im looking toward using 4 autometer Nexus gauges two 2 1/16 and two 3 1/8, the Sterio system is getting eliminated by a in car computer that ill be building with the new intel atom processor, and deciding if i should have a touch screen or a touch pad on the lower center console by the shifter.
Top righthand is the one!
Old 02-28-09, 10:55 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by UZZ30-SC4
agreed
Old 02-28-09, 11:01 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

lol, thats the sc430!!!
Old 02-28-09, 11:23 AM
LexCoupeB
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow at first i thought this was just a dream....then i saw the sketches...
good luck on this bro, cant wait to see the finished project.
Taking the old SC to a new level. i'd say take it to a lexus dealership wen ur finished and show them haha
Old 02-28-09, 02:10 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd be interested to see how you get the SC430 combo meter working with the original electronics.

Interesting project
Old 02-28-09, 03:55 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

i will be keeping watch on this creative mind....subscribed!
Old 02-28-09, 04:41 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

subscribed.

this would look so pimpage in this car!
Old 02-28-09, 06:16 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Top right gets my vote as well. Good luck with everything and keep us all up to date!
Old 02-28-09, 07:33 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UZZ30-SC4
lol.. that is the goal indeed, but thats the "control" sketch of the 430
Old 02-28-09, 07:52 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

alright, quick update, the more I get use to seeing the design the more I like it so with that said, I think I will be relicating the sc430 complete dash and center console to fit the sc300/400's interior, The gaugle custer will be 4 autometer gauges, and the center console will be a small computer screen and a pull out keyboard with touch pad, and insert. Still deciding what else should be included...
Old 02-28-09, 09:37 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

How deep is your pocket??? lol keep up the good work!
Old 02-28-09, 09:47 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

It's not really that my pocket is deep but that I am very devoted to this project. The furthest I want to go with this project before i take a resting period is when the dash is a mold. Since after that is when the dough starts rolling, but i don't think ill be there until another month. Alot of bondoing and sanding(40 hours of work) to be taking up alot of time. Including making the assembly in AutoCAD(20 hours of work). And so far the sketches have taking about 8 or 9hours. Then I am even doing a cardboard setup to ensure everything will work out.

Quick Reply: Project Retro Interior.. ohh yeah this will be a long one.