SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pictures of Stuff....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-14, 08:57 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumpers cleared.

Hotchkis rear end links to replace my busted OEMs.

New lips for the Equips on the SC.

I went and got the M3 inspected. Since I havent driven it in 5 months I decided to take it to NY instead of my beater to visit my friend for his birthday.

Exactly halfway accross the Verizano I heard a clunk and right away knew what it was. I drove the remaining 10 miles or so at 40mph and 20mph up hills and over bumps with the diff punding around. Good thing the subframe is reinforced. I made it to my friends house and the next day I borrowed a jack and bought some stands and a ratchet set and pulled out the front bolt mount the the M3. Its a common problem these backing out, but Ive never had one snap. Pretty much worse case scenario.

This bolt is expensive and hard to find. Easter weekend, all the BMW dealerships are closed, and most of them dont stock this part anyway. I got lucky and found one in Jersey. So my friend drove me to pick it up. It took about 4 hours round trip with all the traffic, and we couldnt find the place on the GPS.

Rocking his birthday gloves. He has a 1LE Camaro. If I was into car payments I would sell all I have and buy this car. Simple, fast, cheap if anything breaks.

New bolt.

Comparison of how much was left in the diff.

Sunday Morning Ruiz drove up from Jersey to bring me some additional tools to drop the diff. Of course we had to make multiple runs to get more stuff we forgot.

Diff out.

The threads were stretched out from the diff torquing with a loose bolt in it. Worst design in life.

Tried an easy out and it snapped off. Went and bought a carbide bit and it just kept wandering and reeming out the hole.

At this point I went in and watched Hamilton win China since I knew I would have to take this to a machine shop, and use a time-sert to redo the holes or fill it with weld and retap.

So much salt on Nico's face.

Apparently no machine shops in NY can remove broken bolts so I had to tow the car home. Tolls alone were over $200.

Strongly considering parting this car out. Its too soft and sensitive. I really only care about the SC anyway. I tried to sell it and even trade it for this motorcycle just to get home and not ever have to deal with it again. But the owner kept trying to beat me for the price so I walked.

I had a buyer come look at the Infiniti on Friday but he was short some cash. Im glad because this thing is a rock at them moment. I accidentally bought some JDM headlights for it that came in today. But they will just sit as I'm close to having the SC on the road. I just need to do:

1. Front caliper rebuild.
2. Bleed Brakes again
3. Wire Ganadors or throw them in the garbage
4. Install rest of interior.
5. Install skirts
6. Install diffuser
7. Install lighting crud
8. Oil Change
9. Spark plug change
10. Alignment
11. Install seats
12. Install hood vent
13. *******
14. Prep for paint
15. MAACO
16. Car show
17. Your mother
's taxes.
Old 04-22-14, 09:16 AM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn that blows. And those tolls are insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-14, 09:17 AM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jus stick with it. if i was u i would try to get rid of that bimmer for something a little more reliable. but that bimmer is absolutley beautiful.
Old 04-22-14, 11:01 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Thanks man. Luckily I did not sell my Q45 so the M3 will sit and think about what its done for a while. Then I might part it out. I could make a killing doing that. I would probably buy a Toyota Land Cruiser and a trailer to replace it.

Those tolls!!! Out of control!!!!!
Old 04-23-14, 09:12 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Accidental purchase for the Q45. Anyone know the wiring for a zenki to kouki y33 headlight?

Sold my bike last night. Nice dude. Gave him good price since he came right away and I needed the bread.

First time I was actually sad to sell something.

And a redesign for '14 for a local driver. We actually went another direction but he doesn't want me to show the final result yet.

and a color study for a guy restoring his classic bird.
Old 04-23-14, 01:00 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The m3 is only for looks. Bmw's are not built to well my brother knows first hand smh.

The SC though is the truth on this thread anyways. The finished product will probably end up on the ultimate SC thread
Old 04-24-14, 06:38 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Very kind of you man. I don't know how much folk will like it but I think I will be very very happy with the end result if things go as planned.

As far as the BMW. I don't think I'm going to fix it anytime soon. I was going to just buy another diff and drive it but considering how much money I've dumped into it I'm going to slow my roll. The Lexus is really the only car I care about in the end.
Old 04-28-14, 09:35 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Lip service.

When I imported these wheels the fronts were pretty bad as if someone was chewing on them.

Seat came in finally. V2 Gias.

Got it on the bracket.

Cleaning of old silicone.

Back together.

Breaking apart the brakes. I need to get the pistons blown out. I don't have a compressor.

For sale:

ED SC300 bumper

Speed Bleeders 639570 (fit Supra non turbo SC300 LS400 among other things. Pretty much all non 4 Pot Japanese calipers.)

Old Lips 2.5 inch (Fit VS-SD, VS-XX, Equip and any other 40 bolt Work wheel) OE Work lip with the diamond cutz.

M3 Arm rests

M3 door handles and speaker covers.

I did a logo last week for my friends Rich and Eric. They are starting a hydro dipping/ Powder coating business. I plan to take my calipers to him once I get the pistons out.

Then I filled my Q45 for the first time ever and almost had a heart attack.

and some info I thought I would pass along for anyone that may need it.
Old 05-05-14, 06:42 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Blue Loctite
20ft/lbs
First layer of aluminum silicone

5 dorra shipped.
http://fantasticvoyagesunlimited.com/store/

Friday I picked up a low mileage diff for the M3. I will install it this week once my ARP bolt comes.

Need to order Dzus fasteners for this. I cannot think of a better way to mount the lip. Of course I will after I cut the holes.

81 Virago delivered last week.

Artwork for a college friends office.
Old 05-08-14, 08:39 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Feeling very stabby at the moment.

This morning I was driving to work and eating a left over jerk chicken platter. My allergies started to act up so I rubbed my eyes. Needless to say I almost crashed.

BUT

Lets take it back a few weeks. My M3 snapped a differential mounting bolt up in NY.

My friend drove me to Hackensack NJ with much chagrin to purchase an overpriced replacement. $32 and change.

After failing miserably I towed the car back to Philly.

BUT I forgot the overpriced bolt at my friends house. I asked him if he would ship it to me and I would pay him for his trouble. He saltily said he would do it the next week...

Two weeks later I bought a replacement differential. I asked my friend if he was able to ship the bolt to me.

“Nah.”

So I decided to look for another bolt. I came across an ARP upgrade on Technica alskdjfa;sdkjf.com. I purchased the bolt and a week later (yesterday) it showed up. So I hustled and purchased a bunch of gear oil and things to get ready to put the bolt in. But something told me to test the bolt out.

The bolt did not fit.

So I email Technica and find out the bolt is only for E36 M3 and E46 NON M3.
Das ***!!!!

If anyone wants this you can have it for $25 shipped.

So I text AND email my friend. “Hey, please send that bolt ASAP. I will PAY you for your time AND cover shipping.”
Faded.
I guess he felt he has done enough for me?

So Technica says you can have $15 back but you have to cover shipping the bolt back to us.

Looks like I will go to YET ANOTHER dealership and purchase ANOTHER overpriced replacement then set my car on fire.

One the Lexus.
After taking apart my calipers I needed to get the pistons out. I didn’t have an air compressor so I dropped them off at a shop near my job that I have had a pretty long relationship with on a Wednesday. I expected them to be able to shoot the pistons out in 20 min and charge me maybe $20. After calling twice and showing up once with them not being even started on I was told they were ready.

“How much do I owe? “ I asked.
“$150.”
“Oh Ok....whoa wait what???”
“Yeah $150, it took him about an hour to get them apart and we charge $150 an hour.”
“Fugggggggg. Aight.”

So the total ended up being $116.and some change.

I should have just bought new calipers.

I go home to change the seals on the calipers and put them together.

I open the seal kit and THEY ARE THE WRONG DAMN SEALS.
I went online and email Cardone. They assure me the item Im about to buy is the right item and I only need qty:1. The next day they email me that I need two. I had to buy a second item and pay separate shipping.

Not sure if I am going to make it through today without stabbing someone.

While I was working on my calipers this thing fell out of one of the holes.

More inconsequential work.

City lights

Virago

Cool tank logo

No clue how old this gas is.

I tried cranking it but it was turning really slow. Come to find out there was 0 oil in it. ffffff.

Anyway, here is a render of what the Lexus might look like if I ever get it done.

Old 05-08-14, 09:01 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've always loved your SC my dude even way back when you first popped up on the forum. Strangely enough, I dumped mine for a nice cushy old man's car, so I'm rockin' a '00 Q45 AE. Now I'm looking for a toy. What else need to be done to the M and how much would you be looking for? Shoot me a text. 561-707-4670
Old 05-08-14, 11:07 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Thanks alot man. Glad you are enjoying it. Haha at least someone is. I'll hit you up.
Old 05-08-14, 11:22 AM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OBEEWON
Thanks alot man. Glad you are enjoying it. Haha at least someone is. I'll hit you up.
I am as well. I need ideas for my car. I still wanna take you up on that ride when the SC is good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-14, 06:36 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

For sure man. I will be out in the garage this Sunday. I should be on the road by the end of next week.
Old 05-09-14, 07:53 AM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OBEEWON
For sure man. I will be out in the garage this Sunday. I should be on the road by the end of next week.
Let me know a time and I'll swing by.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Stuff....