SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pictures of Stuff....

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-13, 04:54 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OBEEWON
Thanks for that review. This is which engine into which car? Do you know what questions Matt had for Tweak'd?
updated my post instead of replying by mistake lol. 2jzgte non vvti into 95sc300 either wrong temp or starter type. I made a mistake when ordering. My other mechanic friend called without any issues and had the replacement connector within 2 days. Matt picked up the car last week to button her up.
Old 11-21-13, 06:07 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reviews guys.
Tweaked went through the harness and found no issues with it. They ohmed everything out (just as myself and Mike @ One Motion did) and everything checked out.

I'm pretty disappointed at that because I was hoping it was the harness. The only suggestion Cam has is to eliminate the traction control wiring altogether.
Old 01-08-14, 06:34 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

The harness came in last week. I have not had time to go up to the shop and put it in and Mike has been busy as well, but he got around to routing it in yesterday. Strange waiting on a shop to do work since I normally do everything myself. Today we should be able to try it and see if it cures what ailes. Send up a prayer!

Old 01-08-14, 11:23 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Come let's get the sc running. If I remember from zilvia you've been neglecting the SC to drive something with a rear engine
Old 01-28-14, 08:56 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Man, nothing more in the world do I want to drive than my SC, but I'm close to giving up.

Harness has been in for a few weeks and the car will not even start anymore.

For some reason at ACC the car cranks. At start position it just clicks. Strange. The only thing that has changed is the new Tweaked harness.

Mike is attempting to talk to tweaked about it.
Old 02-26-14, 10:22 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

So Mike said he's been trying for weeks to get Tweaked on the phone to fix the harness. He couldn't so he took it on himself and got it fixed. So now the car starts and doesn't flood.

I got to say I'm not pleased with Tweaked. I probably wouldn't buy again. The quality is good but not worth $1000. Especially since there was a mistake and they did not make enough effort to correct it.

So even though the engine started it's still backfiring. Mike did a leak down test and two intake valves on cylinder 5are stuck open.

1j is non interference and the timing has always been spot on so the odds are oxidation from sitting got the valves stuck. So I found a method to free them without removing the head. You take the cam out, and put rope in the. Ylinder. Put that cylinder to TDC to push the valves up. Soak them in lube and use a drill to spin them free and done. I hope to try it.
Old 04-07-14, 09:09 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

New harness was messed up, no stuck valves.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/89230724" width="500" height="500" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/89230724">lc7VU_tCqg.mp4</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user18316292">oth bax</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/90660841" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/90660841">BIZZACK</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user18316292">oth bax</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

soon...
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/89211520" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/89211520">DRIVESLO.mp4</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user18316292">oth bax</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Those videos probably didn't embed...no care.
Old 04-07-14, 12:24 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so the car is finally driving?!?
Old 04-08-14, 07:27 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Yes it is!
Old 04-09-14, 12:08 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice man its about time. sucks that it was your harness the whole time, and the fact that you bought it brand new. electrical problems and wiring issues can be so frustrating to diagnose. cant wait to see the updates on this thing. i finally found ur ig and started following you, im ruby1j on there. question: what was your method for rolling the rear quarter panels like that? i need to roll mine a little more and i want that flare up like that so i can put some wider wheels in the rear
Old 04-09-14, 03:31 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes it is!
OBEE i'm on the other side of the Gardens. you gotta let me stop by and hear it. and i'd like to bounce some ideas off ya too.
Old 04-09-14, 07:09 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

that looks bad ***, i'm not a fan of stretch or stance, but as long as it looks mean with a fat *** i'm cool with it. i just love a wide *** stance. i can't afford rims so i'm just getting spacers to make mine wider lol. good stuff though. don't listen to anyone, it's your car it means nothing to anyone else. i love haters, it's the funniest **** in the world.
Old 04-10-14, 08:40 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wirelesstj
nice man its about time. sucks that it was your harness the whole time, and the fact that you bought it brand new. electrical problems and wiring issues can be so frustrating to diagnose. cant wait to see the updates on this thing. i finally found ur ig and started following you, im ruby1j on there. question: what was your method for rolling the rear quarter panels like that? i need to roll mine a little more and i want that flare up like that so i can put some wider wheels in the rear
Yeah it does suck but what can you do right? At least its running now I guess. As for the quarters I used a fender roller. I might need to go a bit more, these 19s are hitting the fenders. I'll check you out on InstaG.

Originally Posted by Bdub215
OBEE i'm on the other side of the Gardens. you gotta let me stop by and hear it. and i'd like to bounce some ideas off ya too.
Are you really!? Cool man! I will be in my garage tonight. Come check me out. Once I get a passenger seat I will take you for a spin.

Originally Posted by oldManTan
that looks bad ***, i'm not a fan of stretch or stance, but as long as it looks mean with a fat *** i'm cool with it. i just love a wide *** stance. i can't afford rims so i'm just getting spacers to make mine wider lol. good stuff though. don't listen to anyone, it's your car it means nothing to anyone else. i love haters, it's the funniest **** in the world.

Thanks man. I don't like the whole stance thing either. But I've always liked wide wheels and it happens to be popular at the moment, but I hope the fad passes soon.
Old 04-10-14, 07:37 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you really!? Cool man! I will be in my garage tonight. Come check me out. Once I get a passenger seat I will take you for a spin.
PM Sent earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-14, 09:03 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

FINALLY I found some OEM shaped mats with the retainer holes. I paid $94 for these shipped or something like that. I got a heel pad as well to keep it from getting a hole in the center.

Some period correct ride out music for the SC.

Sorting out the Ganador wiring.

LED City lights and the equivalent to the scarlet A. I officially have the disease.

Bumper body work. Hole in the M3 bumper and shaving emblem and plate holes in the Lexus bumper.

My spray booth.

And other randomness.

Remembering Hank Aaron's 715th. The 40th anniversary just passed.

I'm selling my daily before Im tempted to do anything to it. 98 black on black 150k miles, great shape.

Excellent in the snow.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Stuff....