SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Teg gauge pod install pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-09, 01:52 AM
sc400808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teg gauge pod install pics

Ive herd through the grape vine that it would work. Only one way to find out. Well it does but sits just a bit high, but has to because of the holes from the handle that was there. I added a single pod for my volts just above the dash. Didnt take that long to install, there is a small hole right under the dash to run the wire and tube. Im in the process of gathering parts for a little boost. But heres the pics.

Here is what the handle looks like removed. The two big bolts are really the only thing holding it on.

Running the wire. Keep it looking stock.

Should have gone wide band for the A/F

Last min hook ups with my friend Glenn.

Finished product. If you kind of plan out what you are going to do it should take only 2 or 3 hours. I had everything on the pods done in about 2 and it took about 2 to finish hooking everything up. Now to just get that damn turbo on there....
Old 01-10-09, 10:52 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks good bro, me likey!
Old 01-10-09, 11:22 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice job dude! Looks good. How did you mount the bottom one?
Old 01-10-09, 12:59 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

to the poster, i agree, looks like it sits a little high but looks like it fits pretty well. Keep us posted on the turbo project!
Old 01-10-09, 01:39 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and i think the title description is perfect... i always heard that a teg gauge pod works... well now i know for sure thanks to this thread, and if anyone else is wondering im sure they can search and find it.

thanks for letting us SC owners know that this pod works... now i can add more gauges in mine... whether theyre useful or not, thats for me to decide

Last edited by LexFather; 01-10-09 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-10-09, 01:42 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default We Are Still In AMERICA

Originally Posted by xirforever
I rarely post anymore, but i'm going to take the opportunity to post here and tell you sir, that you are worthless. There are much better ways to give criticism... its called doing it CONSTRUCTIVELY. Not to mention your attacks were not warranted.

1.) he said he was working on the turbo. therefore he needs a boost guage. are you blind?
2.) i dont know if he has a wideband a/f ratio guage, could be narrow band, but if it were wideband, he would need that for his turbo project. And why would you hate on wideband guages? that just doesn't make sense.... maybe hate on narrow band...

you should try to not be so easy to dislike
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think what "xirforever" POSTED is 100% on Target
I would also like to add
It's sc400808 Car
It's sc400808 Money
It's sc400808 Time
So Who Really Care's What Other's Think
sc400808 just Do You
We Are Still In AMERICA
Old 01-10-09, 02:03 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Josh....nice job...cant wait to see a turbo now...
Old 01-10-09, 03:28 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah i think its werid when you set up your gauges when you don't even have your turbo set up, wouldnt it be better to have your turbo set up before your gauges.. buy your gauges first spend more money.. then the turbo has to wait for a bit.. while when you get your turbo earlier then save some money for your gauges. Turbo can wait for gauges but when you have gauges waiting for turbo. I would be embarrassed if someone came up to me and saw the boost gauge and asked me how much pounds are you boosting, and end up having to say i dont have a turbo yet.. but none the less. Good luck and hope the turbo comes soon!
Old 01-10-09, 04:29 PM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you rather have the turbo first??
That's dumb

Hey yeah, I have an aftermarketed turbo setup on my car.
Gauges yet? Naw, not yet man. But I'm safe. I'd rather have these on my car first and be called an idiot than to have a turbo charged car and NO MONITORING of any kind.

Sit's a bit high for my tastes. Goodluck.
Old 01-10-09, 04:47 PM
sc400808
Pole Position

I am going to run a piggy back system once the turbo is in. It does sit kind of high but it almost has to because of the holes from the handle that was there.
Old 01-10-09, 05:53 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HeisLegend
Why would you rather have the turbo first??
That's dumb

Hey yeah, I have an aftermarketed turbo setup on my car.
Gauges yet? Naw, not yet man. But I'm safe. I'd rather have these on my car first and be called an idiot than to have a turbo charged car and NO MONITORING of any kind.

Sit's a bit high for my tastes. Goodluck.
Well if you have turbo first USUALLY you'll install the gauges at the same time instead of doing turbo then gauges or gauges than turbo do them both at the same time. If you get your turbo first you tend to want to get gauges faster to monitor your car. If you get gauges first there is no rush in getting a turbo. Anyways i rather not argue online cause its pretty much pointless. sc40080 know when your going to get your turbo in?
Old 01-10-09, 05:58 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

nice.. clean install
Old 01-10-09, 06:03 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

okay let be constructive...

the air fuel ratio gauge:
is it just a gauge or did you actually get a whole "wide band" oxygen sensor and gauge setup? if it one of those gauges that connects to your factory oxygen sensor it is not going to be very accurate. the factory oxygen sensor has narrow range for readings and only allows fluctuations for rich running conditions during vehicle start up and some lean conditions if there is an injector problem.

if you are building your own turbo kit get a wide band sensor and gauge. aem works well. you can also get systems with data logging capabilities so you dont just look at the gauge during tuning or driving.

voltage gauge:
do you have a big sound system or modified alternator? if you have something that creates a lot of current draws then a voltage gauge is necessary. since you have it already you can monitor how your alternator is doing since leaking power steering pumps are an issue with the sc400 and if the pump leaks it does so on the alternator and causes it to fry out

the boost gauge:
you dont need it but since its in already might as well look like you mean business.

sorry about the previous comments. it was not my place to criticize...or at least do it without providing any constructive additions to the comments.
Old 01-10-09, 06:16 PM
sc400808
Pole Position

Im in the hunt for parts now. Im thinking going around a 60. Ill probly go ahead and change our and put some forged pistons in while the car is down, just depends on the cash flow and how long I can wait once I get all the parts. Im not looking for any crazy hp numbers at first. Want to get it on, tuned, and running good first. Then I might try to go crazy. Im shooting for mid to low 300rwhp at first. If all goes well it looks to be done June July timeframe.
Old 01-10-09, 06:22 PM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc300jz
Well if you have turbo first USUALLY you'll install the gauges at the same time instead of doing turbo then gauges or gauges than turbo do them both at the same time. If you get your turbo first you tend to want to get gauges faster to monitor your car. If you get gauges first there is no rush in getting a turbo. Anyways i rather not argue online cause its pretty much pointless. sc40080 know when your going to get your turbo in?
We're not arguing. It's healthy conversation. We are exchanging ideas and preferences. Not saying useless crap.

I'd do the same. Wait to install everything at once. But what I interpreted from your post was that you'd do it vice versa. Thanks for the clarification.
Maybe the OP doesn't have the immediate funds to get everything all at once or even in a timely manner, resulting in piece by piece. Maybe he just wants to get things done while he can having less-down time w/ the car.

Quick Reply: Teg gauge pod install pics