SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Bad day!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-09, 06:25 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad day!!!

well let me start by sayin im 19 years old and 2days my moms birthday so while she's at work i decide to get dressed and go to the mall to get her somethin....im drivin my sc all n and out of traffic and everything is all good...then i finally get to the mall and im drivin through the parkin lot tryin to find a parkin space and bam thats when this white boi cuts me off so i had to kinda slam on the breaks and while im slowin down the sc decides to idle low and then thats when it happens she stalls....right in front of the damn mall...and im tryin to start her back up but she jus wont turn ova...so i push her out of the way of traffic and continue tryin to get her to turn ova but no luck so i sit there for a hour...tryin to find out the issue...i pop the hood and check all vacuum lines and all is good then i pull the efi fuse to restart the computer....still no luck so now im gettin pissed...all these hot *****es walkin by lookin like damn thats a sexy *** car but why is it sittin on the side of the road like that and im like....mad people *** ova and say my car is hot....so 2day was a pretty bad day...my sc breaks down in front of the mall but at least i got alot of good comments on my sc...and i still neva got my mom a gift.....bummer right???
Old 01-06-09, 06:34 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

sorry can't help you there but yeah that really sucks
Old 01-06-09, 06:56 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah dats *****en
Old 01-06-09, 07:08 PM
Ryeno
Banned

2 things i could check on. Battery terminals, make sure its all tight, and nothing is corroded. The other thing is if the car starts then just dies, it might be because of the maf.
Old 01-06-09, 07:10 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Uhh congrats? Driving in and out of traffic isnt good. I'm 17 and people dont say jack to me Should of just parked it and let cool down for awhile and chill in the mall for a bit. Yes check the Battery terminals thats what happened to me and i thought i had to buy a new battery!
Old 01-06-09, 07:14 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

i don't think it's a battery unless the gauges in your dash were flickering when you slammed on the brakes. Might be a fuel issue...
Old 01-06-09, 07:16 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

i checked em they all good and the maf isnt the issue either i think....lol idk man im so fed up of this 2jz-ge motor i jus wanna get a 1j so i can eliminate wuteva the issue is...cuz the car has one but i cant seem to find out wut it is... and sc300jz......ur only 17????
Old 01-06-09, 07:23 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
i checked em they all good and the maf isnt the issue either i think....lol idk man im so fed up of this 2jz-ge motor i jus wanna get a 1j so i can eliminate wuteva the issue is...cuz the car has one but i cant seem to find out wut it is... and sc300jz......ur only 17????
Yea i am, surprising? So is your car stuck at the mall? Was there any problem before that incident? How have a fellow member come and check it out for you?
Old 01-06-09, 07:26 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

hehehe I'm only a youngster at 16
Old 01-06-09, 07:36 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

damn i thought i was a young one...lol but naw my dad came wit his truck and we towed it back across town so now its sittin outsde in the drive way and i guess ima work on it 2moro...but idk wut the issue is it seems to idle low sumtimes and when i drive her she might jus cut off on me...idk wuts wrong i think it might have a electrical issue...thats y i jus wanna swap the motor so i wont have to find the problem cuz i cant find it...idk if u guys heard of grip industries but they are a shop 10 mins away from my crib and they do all my work and they really cant find out wuts wrong either...so idk
Old 01-06-09, 08:45 PM
dAng_bAy
Lead Lap

sounds like you still getting power. check distributor. also i think the terminal cable to the alternator, heard that's an infamous problem...
Old 01-06-09, 09:13 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

now im gettin pissed...all these hot *****es walkin by lookin like damn thats a sexy *** car but why is it sittin on the side of the road like that and im like....
lol
Old 01-06-09, 09:19 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

well let me start by sayin im 19 years old and 2days my moms birthday so while she's at work i decide to get dressed and go to the mall to get her somethin....im drivin my sc all n and out of traffic and everything is all good...then i finally get to the mall and im drivin through the parkin lot tryin to find a parkin space and bam thats when this white boi cuts me off so i had to kinda slam on the breaks and while im slowin down the sc decides to idle low and then thats when it happens she stalls....right in front of the damn mall...and im tryin to start her back up but she jus wont turn ova...so i push her out of the way of traffic and continue tryin to get her to turn ova but no luck so i sit there for a hour...tryin to find out the issue...i pop the hood and check all vacuum lines and all is good then i pull the efi fuse to restart the computer....still no luck so now im gettin pissed...all these hot *****es walkin by lookin like damn thats a sexy *** car but why is it sittin on the side of the road like that and im like....mad people *** ova and say my car is hot....so 2day was a pretty bad day...my sc breaks down in front of the mall but at least i got alot of good comments on my sc...and i still neva got my mom a gift.....bummer right???
Listen to the other folks, also check your spark plugs. On my sentra I had an issue with the rpm's dropping. Changed out the plugs....no more RPM drop.

Also, and this is just a guess, I think the bad grammar might have killed your car too; cuz we all no dat shiz iz wack
Old 01-06-09, 09:20 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG I'm 19 too!! ....

Anyway, your day could've been much worse. At least you didn't wreck your car. Sounds like an easy fix. I'm surprised you get a lot of comments on your car, not "dissing" it or anything but it looks just stock. Are there not a lot in your area? Over here they're a dime dozen..
Old 01-06-09, 09:24 PM
Classified
Driver

Story= sad.
Grammar= appalling.

Quick Reply: Bad day!!!