DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 03-01-07, 12:06 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by s0arer
The TRD steering wheel does come with an airbag. Air bag plug plugged right up. Not sure if plug is different for different years. Mine is 95. Installation is easy, remove the old steering wheel, put the new one up, tighten down the center bolt, that's it.

I have a AVIC-D2. I wish I had the Z3 so I didn't have to run a seperate dvd player in the glove box. Plus the IPOD controls don't display all the charaters, Pioneer flaw. The Z3 I heard does work fine though. The dash isn't custom really. The double din sticks out a little, not too bad.
Where did you get the adapter plate for the head unit?

Chris
Old 03-01-07, 12:08 PM
s0arer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blitz iColor monitors and controls boost, speed, tach, dyno, and i wanted mainly for air/fuel which I had to buy seperate. It's the same thing as a PLX wideband, just able to display on the iColor monitor.
Old 03-01-07, 12:10 PM
s0arer
Driver

no adapter plate needed. I just used the original side brackets from oem deck and screwed into both sides of head unit. You could shave the holes on the side brackets to make it sit more flush, but i already had a hard time cramming all the stupid wires in there.
Old 03-01-07, 12:37 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I remember someone buying some kind of "stacker" cluster or something back around '03 I guess. Was that you gadget? Looks like it.
That was me.

a couple of older pics.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

sOarer...I like the Blitz Controller

AutoCouture....Great, I'm glad it worked out.

ACleanSC4....Your interior is Amazing, that console makes an impact every time I see it. Great Work

Thanks again everyone

gadgetSC
Old 03-01-07, 12:45 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Yeah, that's pimp shiz. Not for the light of wallet, I remember the price....lol.
Old 03-01-07, 12:48 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
Niice gadget!! Here's a few old shots of mine...

that is sick man in the firs pic your car has a gated shifter .i thought this was impossible?did it just bolt in or did you have to custimize a shifter linkage for it
Old 03-01-07, 01:46 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sc250tt
that is sick man in the firs pic your car has a gated shifter .i thought this was impossible?did it just bolt in or did you have to custimize a shifter linkage for it
Thanks, all props go to GadgetSC for being the first, do a search for his thread to find all the info you need...
Old 03-01-07, 02:26 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

wow !! gadget sc has so many posts it almost put me to sleep trying to find the thread .i'll try to give him a pm to see what i need for this .thanks dude
Old 03-01-07, 04:23 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sc250tt
wow !! gadget sc has so many posts it almost put me to sleep trying to find the thread .i'll try to give him a pm to see what i need for this .thanks dude
If you're ready to pay a grand then go right on ahead.
Gated shifter is the mod to do. hopefully mine gets installed soon.
Old 03-01-07, 04:39 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

I think the gated shift is beautiful but I will not put a grand out to do it. I have a gated woodgrain shifter in my Benz similar to the 98 SC and I LIKE it, but I don't LOVE it. A grand in mods to MOST sc owners is better spent on bushings, mounts, and other maintenance. When you're done with all that if you wanna pay a grand for a shifter more power to you, but you won't even notice it's there after a week.

After about the 5th day of having my benz I'd just get in and pull down like always.
Old 03-01-07, 05:37 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You dont have to pay a grand for this mod. Just locat one from a salvege yard or Gazi. There was one in the ForSale section awhile back for $300.00.

gadgetSC
Old 03-01-07, 05:50 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Gadget-What kind of seats are those? Do they come in tan to match the rest of the interior? Do they retain the power settings? Also I notice you changed the shift ****, any info? My 98SC has the wood colored one. Also how did you get that chrome Lexus on the floormats?

TONY-What shift **** is on your gated shifter?

OLT-I disagree that you don't notice the gated after a few days. I think it is the best feature of the 98+, I love it, and have used it more than 5 times Also to many of us, dropping a grand on making the driving experience more pleasureable isn't a big deal.
Old 03-01-07, 08:47 PM
trangk
Driver

Gadget: Just had to post and say your interior is absolutely incredible. The rollcage and STACK setup is just taking things to a whole different level!

And to contribute to the thread, here's my interior:
Old 03-01-07, 10:31 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

^^^

That's the idea that I was originally going for with my interior. I wanted to get the woodgrain steeringwheel to match the woodgrain accents

Looks nice and clean

Originally Posted by s0arer
I have a AVIC-D2. I wish I had the Z3 so I didn't have to run a seperate dvd player in the glove box. Plus the IPOD controls don't display all the charaters, Pioneer flaw. The Z3 I heard does work fine though. The dash isn't custom really. The double din sticks out a little, not too bad.
Z2 is the new Double din w/ Hard Drive (no second DVD needed) the D3 is the new D series one, but it only has a single slot load drive

Quick Reply: Inspirational interior pics