Search this Thread

Old 03-01-11, 04:22 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by suislide
Supras attract men; SCs attract women....hmmmm what to pick
lol --right on sir

Ive already posted on this topic at least 3 times but I have to do it again since its been brought back from the dead-------sc all the way ---hands down .

Its got style --luxury--looks and can take whatever you want to throw at it.

The supra well----ok maybe its fast---big deal---doesnt look much better than a celica IMO.
Old 03-01-11, 05:04 PM
RockRash
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
lol --right on sir

The supra well----ok maybe its fast---big deal---doesnt look much better than a celica IMO.
you got a point there
Old 03-01-11, 07:41 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if i could i would buy a supra over any car in its price range. its like a collector car! while the sc is ehhhh just another lexus people have heard of.

basically the supra is epic while the sc is something people dont see drive by. but when a supra drives by people will look backwards ignoring whats in front of them. (i do this!)

for instance say your were to put in $20k into a sc resale wouldnt really be worth it

but putting 20k in to a supra you'll probably sell it for close to what you put in.

FYI... those price ranges are examples ive never owned a car worth more than $10,000 haha
Old 03-01-11, 08:01 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iridebmx
if i could i would buy a supra over any car in its price range. its like a collector car! while the sc is ehhhh just another lexus people have heard of.

basically the supra is epic while the sc is something people dont see drive by. but when a supra drives by people will look backwards ignoring whats in front of them. (i do this!)

for instance say your were to put in $20k into a sc resale wouldnt really be worth it

but putting 20k in to a supra you'll probably sell it for close to what you put in.

FYI... those price ranges are examples ive never owned a car worth more than $10,000 haha
to certain people that know about these things yes--the supra will turn heads----to the average person no---it will not turn many heads---IMo the sc would get much more positive feedback from the average person----and well especially the ladies

the supra is rare and is very powerful---but im sorry to say it is basically an expensive ricer

i mean for the cost of a supra----i would much rather say a corvetter --or a ls430--or even good clean low mileage sc--im sorry but just my opinion

you know what it just comes down to taste---im not going to sit here and knock the supra----as it seems to get alot of respect-------im sure its not for no reason

its just not my cup of tea is all--no offense to any supra owners

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 03-01-11 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-02-11, 06:05 AM
94LEXUS400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supra looks nice but too much attention from cops for sure...sc with 2jzgte with v160 would be nice...or even 1uzfe limited sc with active suspension with whipple twin screw supercharger...
Old 03-02-11, 06:38 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

to certain people that know about these things yes--the supra will turn heads----to the average person no---it will not turn many heads---IMo the sc would get much more positive feedback from the average person----and well especially the ladies

the supra is rare and is very powerful---but im sorry to say it is basically an expensive ricer

i mean for the cost of a supra----i would much rather say a corvetter --or a ls430--or even good clean low mileage sc--im sorry but just my opinion

you know what it just comes down to taste---im not going to sit here and knock the supra----as it seems to get alot of respect-------im sure its not for no reason

its just not my cup of tea is all--no offense to any supra owners
I hate to tell you bro but you're dead wrong! I own both so I think that definitely uniquely qualifies me to answer the question of perception on the cars.

My lexus is perceived as a nice car for sure. But it looks old. It just does. And I have 97 skirts and IS350 chrome wheels which help update it somewhat. Most of my friends call it my "old man car" haha. I have gotten a few compliments on the car, mostly from older people that used to own them back in the 90s. Nothing against it but that's been my experience for the past year and 18k miles.

The supra on the other hand. It's the only car I've ever been flashed in. Yes... flashed as in a car load of ASU girls and 3 sets of glorious ******* (the driver didn't come through unfortunately). 3 weeks ago I was just sitting at an intersection waiting to turn left. A truck drives by and a cute chick yells out "NICE CAR!!!". I've had a girl in a mustang "drive flirt" with me a couple months ago. All of my female friends have gotten rides in it and love it, and I owe several lessons on driving stick because they've been begging to drive it. One girl friend of mine literally came up to my house, cooked me dinner, so that she could drive us to the movies in my car haha. Girls DO like the car- no, it's not a ferrari and doesn't "attract" girls in that way but that's never been an objective of mine. But I'm sorry I highly doubt any girl is attracted to you based on a $4000 15 year old lexus.

In the supra I get questions almost every time I roll into a gas station - the car has no badges except for a the supra script in the middle of the hatch. "What car is that, it's sick!" "Is that the new porsche?" "Wow that's beautiful!". I get thumbs up from COPS. And this transcends generations- I've had older people give me super nice compliments. I've had very high end cars engage me in races, owners that would never give something deemed as a "ricer" a second look. I've never had anyone badge my car as a "ricer" and frankly the term "ricer" doesn't apply to a nice clean and tasteful Japanese car of ANY make and model.
Old 03-02-11, 06:43 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't see why the cops will mess with you when you driving a Supra, it's not like you are driving an STI lol.
I would love to own a Supra in the next year or so.
Old 03-02-11, 07:00 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by quickGS300
I don't see why the cops will mess with you when you driving a Supra, it's not like you are driving an STI lol.
I would love to own a Supra in the next year or so.
I'm with you, once I get a bigger place next year hopefully. I will sell the SC shell and look for a NA MKIV and put my current setup in that.
Old 03-02-11, 07:29 AM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Klaus
My lexus is perceived as a nice car for sure. But it looks old. It just does.
Maybe if you have a pre 95 SC. When I had the original 96 from bumper on, ppl thought it was @atleast a 99 or 00 model year from all ages. Now that I have a 97 front bumper the guesses range from 2002-2006. The lastest the Supra will look is at least a 2002 model.

1998 Supra

Even though our cars look like a S14 240SX/Silvia ::sports car::

Atleast it doesn't look like a Celica
Old 03-02-11, 09:16 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Klaus
I hate to tell you bro but you're dead wrong! I own both so I think that definitely uniquely qualifies me to answer the question of perception on the cars.

My lexus is perceived as a nice car for sure. But it looks old. It just does. And I have 97 skirts and IS350 chrome wheels which help update it somewhat. Most of my friends call it my "old man car" haha. I have gotten a few compliments on the car, mostly from older people that used to own them back in the 90s. Nothing against it but that's been my experience for the past year and 18k miles.

The supra on the other hand. It's the only car I've ever been flashed in. Yes... flashed as in a car load of ASU girls and 3 sets of glorious ******* (the driver didn't come through unfortunately). 3 weeks ago I was just sitting at an intersection waiting to turn left. A truck drives by and a cute chick yells out "NICE CAR!!!". I've had a girl in a mustang "drive flirt" with me a couple months ago. All of my female friends have gotten rides in it and love it, and I owe several lessons on driving stick because they've been begging to drive it. One girl friend of mine literally came up to my house, cooked me dinner, so that she could drive us to the movies in my car haha. Girls DO like the car- no, it's not a ferrari and doesn't "attract" girls in that way but that's never been an objective of mine. But I'm sorry I highly doubt any girl is attracted to you based on a $4000 15 year old lexus.

In the supra I get questions almost every time I roll into a gas station - the car has no badges except for a the supra script in the middle of the hatch. "What car is that, it's sick!" "Is that the new porsche?" "Wow that's beautiful!". I get thumbs up from COPS. And this transcends generations- I've had older people give me super nice compliments. I've had very high end cars engage me in races, owners that would never give something deemed as a "ricer" a second look. I've never had anyone badge my car as a "ricer" and frankly the term "ricer" doesn't apply to a nice clean and tasteful Japanese car of ANY make and model.
well Klaus I guess it differs with certain people and comes down to a matter of opinion like I said earlier.

My 93 sc400 gets alot of attention and alot of compliments but that could be because there are hardly any on the road here--maybe in your area they are not so uncommon.

Im not trying to argue with anyone im just stating my position on this matter-------i just dont care much for the look of the supra very much-----and looks are very important when it comes to cars IMO.

There are alot of sc's that I see on this forum that definitely dont look 'old' or could be labeled as an 'old man car'

Anyways thanks for posting your opinion
Old 03-02-11, 09:21 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Lol celica.

1993-1998 supra

2011 Porsche

Supra looks SO dated

I've mostly laid of the hateraid on SCs in this thread because hey I own both. But the celica comment means war....

yep.... I just went there

Also... an SC looks like an 06? 06 what? haha. Even the 06 es looks newer

But at the end of the day I got a LOT of enjoyment out of both cars for different reasons. The SC400 at HALF of the horsepower is still super fun to drive and very comfortable. The supra is just... a whole different experience. I would encourage everybody to at least ride shotgun in a quick one and maybe if you have a friend cool enough they'll let you take it for a spin. It is a BLAST to drive. Everything is so well laid out for a sports car, I've never felt more "in control" of a vehicle if that makes sense
Old 03-02-11, 09:21 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by suislide
Maybe if you have a pre 95 SC. When I had the original 96 from bumper on, ppl thought it was @atleast a 99 or 00 model year from all ages. Now that I have a 97 front bumper the guesses range from 2002-2006. The lastest the Supra will look is at least a 2002 model.

1998 Supra

Even though our cars look like a S14 240SX/Silvia ::sports car::

Atleast it doesn't look like a Celica

and lol suislide--------you know what ---to be perfectly honest-----that celica you oposted actually looks better than the supra posted---lol the supras biggest downfall is its looks
Old 03-02-11, 09:23 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

lol klaus dont take it personally man ---but the supra is the ugly duckling of the toyota family
Old 03-02-11, 09:32 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...1t:429,r:7,s:0

http://hyundai-cars-gallery.blogspot...wallpaper.html

Sorry Klaus but I had to do it.

Everyone, welcome Supras better looking brother into the family-----meet the HYUNDAI TIBURON lol
Old 03-02-11, 09:36 AM
Klaus
Instructor

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...1t:429,r:7,s:0

http://hyundai-cars-gallery.blogspot...wallpaper.html

Sorry Klaus but I had to do it.

Everyone, welcome Supras better looking brother into the family-----meet the HYUNDAI TIBURON lol
bahahahah well played sir. Hyundai SHAMELESSLY copied a lot of designs in their tiburons- the first was a dead rip off of the eclipse right down to the ENGINE and the second was a rip of the supra's looks but uglified and the engine was ripped off of mitsu's V6. Bastards

Quick Reply: supra vs sc300 what would you choose?