SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

LexusFTW's SC400 Finally Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-08, 05:20 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
It's cool. I was hoping you would see the thread in the South Section on SF and come out.

Your setup looks killer dude. I'm glad you got it all put together! Are you still on stock fuel?

There are a few guys from Norman coming up on the 21st for the ADRLs being held at Tulsa Raceway Park. Let me know if you can make it.

After the drags we'll most likely cruise to Memorial and see what kind of trouble we can get in.
Yea it's still stock fuel for now. I'm only pushin like 13-14psi. But I should have plenty of room for about 17 or so. This setup feels WAY better than the twins ever did at 18. It's smoother and pulls forever, just awesome for turn key everyday. I'm done with the motor for now, need to start workin on everything else. The 5 speed swap is all done and workin great, but I still have the open diff in the rear, needless to say it's a 3 ring circus back there. I also need some larger rubber, suspension, all that jazz. Approx 450 to wheel does you no good if you can't go anywhere. Yeah I will have to keep an eye on the South section a little closer. The car looks fantastic man, did you run it at Thunder Valley?
Old 06-09-08, 07:04 PM
V300Altus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow

Was going to get another project car and get rid of the SC3. Saw your car and it makes me want to really keep my car now. Thank you.
Old 06-09-08, 08:04 PM
motorheaddown
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Great lookin' car inside and out with numbers to back it all up!

Nice work! Congrats! Oh... and that setup has a whole lot left in it, too.

-scott
Old 06-09-08, 09:18 PM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
Yea it's still stock fuel for now. I'm only pushin like 13-14psi. But I should have plenty of room for about 17 or so. This setup feels WAY better than the twins ever did at 18. It's smoother and pulls forever, just awesome for turn key everyday. I'm done with the motor for now, need to start workin on everything else. The 5 speed swap is all done and workin great, but I still have the open diff in the rear, needless to say it's a 3 ring circus back there. I also need some larger rubber, suspension, all that jazz. Approx 450 to wheel does you no good if you can't go anywhere. Yeah I will have to keep an eye on the South section a little closer. The car looks fantastic man, did you run it at Thunder Valley?
Sounds like you have some fun headed your way

I did run it on street tires and pump gas but Im embarrassed to post up the times. I can tell you that it ran 120+.

Originally Posted by V300Altus
Was going to get another project car and get rid of the SC3. Saw your car and it makes me want to really keep my car now. Thank you.
Thanks very much. I'm glad I've inspired you to keep your car. It will be worth it in the end.

Originally Posted by motorheaddown
Great lookin' car inside and out with numbers to back it all up!

Nice work! Congrats! Oh... and that setup has a whole lot left in it, too.

-scott
Thanks man. On the dyno we could only pull 25psi out of the wastegate. On the street I was able to see 30 so I have no idea how much it was making then.
Old 06-10-08, 07:56 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Hey LexusFTW,

How much do those CCW's weigh? I think I am going to change wheels soon and my main concern it weight. How wide did you go in the rear and do they hook nice?
Old 06-10-08, 08:59 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Hey LexusFTW,

How much do those CCW's weigh? I think I am going to change wheels soon and my main concern it weight. How wide did you go in the rear and do they hook nice?
The Classics shouldnt be your first choice if you want to reduce weight. They way roughly the same as the stock TT wheels. CCW does make 1 piece lightweight wheels. Their C14 for instance. Even their SP500s and SP505a's weigh less than the Classics in the same size. I have "SC300/400" offset front (18x8.5) and Supra offset in the rear (18x11).
Old 06-10-08, 09:10 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

BTW, I weighed my car at the track with full interior, myself and half a tank of fuel. It came in at 3,735 lbs.
Old 06-10-08, 09:13 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
BTW, I weighed my car at the track with full interior, myself and half a tank of fuel. It came in at 3,735 lbs.
Fata$$

Jonny
Old 06-10-08, 09:32 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dx3
Fata$$

Jonny
Dude, tell me about it! I dont know if Im going to do any weight reduction yet but the first things to go would be the seats.
Old 06-10-08, 10:32 AM
LadySoarer
Driver

Omg! I think I just tear'd up a lil. That color is making me tingle down there!
Old 06-10-08, 10:32 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah you weighed in close to me. I was at 3640 with my current setup. I know those wheels are a nice chunk of it. The next few mods are Wheels, lightweight d/s, and redoing the carpet. I bet that will drop at least 150 pds. How much did those CCW's run you after you wrapped them?
Old 06-10-08, 11:34 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LadySoarer
Omg! I think I just tear'd up a lil. That color is making me tingle down there!
Glad I could help

Yeah you weighed in close to me. I was at 3640 with my current setup. I know those wheels are a nice chunk of it. The next few mods are Wheels, lightweight d/s, and redoing the carpet. I bet that will drop at least 150 pds. How much did those CCW's run you after you wrapped them?
Sounds like you're on the right track. The CCWs ran me close to ~$2,900 with tires shipped.
Old 06-10-08, 11:42 AM
SCweet guy
Rookie

tight sc! now slam it... =)
Old 06-10-08, 12:37 PM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SCweet guy
tight sc! now slam it... =)
Thanks man but any lower and its not practical to drive on the streets. Tulsa streets/highways are pretty bad!
Old 06-14-08, 11:01 AM
100mgbluep
Lead Lap

Damn, i cant wait to see your honda!

Quick Reply: LexusFTW's SC400 Finally Revealed