SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Park lights not working ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-08, 07:07 AM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Park lights not working ?

I know this is a lighting question but it may or may not be sc specific? anyway...

I checked all the fuses all the bulbs and I still cant get my rear park lights to work... the brake lights work. The front park lights work, both side marker lights work. All the bulbs on the tails are good.

Could it be because I removed the third brake light? Its a 93' but I was told that removing the 3rd brake light wouldnt cause the park lights to stop working. But even then when I hooked it up it still didnt work.

Ideas?
Old 05-07-08, 07:09 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you change your flasher unit at any time?
Old 05-07-08, 07:10 AM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Never touched it.
Old 05-08-08, 06:43 AM
labrealiv
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Curry
I know this is a lighting question but it may or may not be sc specific? anyway...

I checked all the fuses all the bulbs and I still cant get my rear park lights to work... the brake lights work. The front park lights work, both side marker lights work. All the bulbs on the tails are good.

Could it be because I removed the third brake light? Its a 93' but I was told that removing the 3rd brake light wouldnt cause the park lights to stop working. But even then when I hooked it up it still didnt work.

Ideas?
Don't have an answer for you but can confirm that removing 3rd brake light does not affect other functions.
(unless some wires were cut in process, somethg became unplugged? )

GL

Old 05-08-08, 04:24 PM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems that the rear parking lights are on a separate circuit from the front ones. Mine are working fine, but when I had my alarm installed, it only flashes the front parking lamps when arming/disarming, which leads me to believe they're not all on the same fuse/circuit.
Old 05-08-08, 05:19 PM
SickSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

check your relay box. its a black box located near the antenna motor. i some what had the same problem, buy it was my brake light that didnt work. i played around with the connection and had to tape to where the it would stay on.

hope this helps
Old 05-08-08, 05:38 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys, gonna check that out tomorrow and see.
Old 08-02-08, 08:26 AM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Haven't had much time to really sort this issue out. I did some digging in the car yesterday checking all the wiring and fuses. I still haven't been able to get my rear park lights to work.

Does anyone know if its a relay in the front that could be the issue. which would it be.

Everything is the same. ALL my other lights work except the rear park lights.

The following work: Brakes, Headlight, Front Park Lights, Hazzards, Turn Signals and all interior lights.
Old 08-06-08, 04:39 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Switched around relays and still nothing. Anyone else have any ideas? I was told it could be the diodes... where are they located?
Old 08-07-08, 07:12 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

yes the diode, there was another thread on here that I began posting on but no one chimed in because the thread had a weird title that was not so related.. oh thats right it said something like where is parking fuse. anyways if you look at your kick panel (fuse box) up to the left from your fuses you'll find where a diode use to be it will look like a burnt square, and that is the famous diode. when I first read into this I didn't have any knowledge about diodes after further research I made a trip to radio shack to purchase a pack. the burnt spot where this diode use to be looked like it had two wire connectors sticking out i tried plugging in my new diode in both ways but got no results. it was pretty cramped in that spot when your trying to shove your head up in there with a flashlight to see what your doing, but it had appeared as if the wires or connectors (not completely sure what i was looking at) are touching. I don't know if that might be the cause of this burn out problem but that is as far as my troubleshooting went. in my opinion if you pull out that whole white plastic panel with the fuses and relays, get to the back of it you might be able to cut the wires and solder in your own diode. I stopped trying to work on it since it seems like a big project so im rolling around with no front park lights. I've been waiting hoping someone would post with a easy solution to this problem. either way try to find that burnt spot if you have no luck pm me and ill try to get a pic up tomorrow. good luck.
Old 08-07-08, 07:15 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i didn't have any diagrams to use for my troubleshooting that also didn't help if somebody has one and can post it up that would be great.
Old 08-10-08, 07:53 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the info. Im going to post up a pic and circle what im seeing. I see a black square but it doesnt look burnt...
Old 08-10-08, 09:52 PM
rodneyg73
Driver

I had that same problem with my front park lights, it was a burnt out diode. there located on the driver side right above the fuse box. You have to lay on your back to access it. Good luck.

Rodney
Old 08-12-08, 08:44 PM
cshank
Driver School Candidate

Default Park Lights and Diode

The diode issue only affects the front side marker lights. I thought this was an issue in the rear? If you're having problems with the front side markers, then definitely check the diode burn out. Easiest fix I know of is to replace the fuse board where the diode is with one that isn't burned out. That's not exactly easy, considering the tight area it's in.
Old 08-12-08, 09:01 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

So wait, this diode is for the front???

I'm having problems with my rear park lights....

Quick Reply: Park lights not working ?