SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

so i'm pretty sure it's totaled.

Old 12-27-07, 07:16 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Unhappy so i'm pretty sure it's totaled.

so last night i was with two friends and we were leaving a beach bonfire and were on the way home, i was going around a wide sweeping curve in the road and decided to give it a little gas, forgetting that the day before i had swapped over the stock wheels that had old tires that sat in my garage for about 6 months onto the back of the SC because i needed new tires for my rims very badly and figured these stock ones were a little safer... apparently not. As i was going through the turn, i was in second and decided to shift into third to stop myself from accelerating faster, apparently this was a bad idea because after being in third for a second or two, the back end came out from under me and i got completely sideways, and figured it wasnt a big deal, ive saved my self in this kind of situation before... but in situations before i had good tires. so i slid sideways, overcorrected and slid sideways the other direction, then corrected again and back sideways again, took out a speedlimit sign with the rear quarter panel and slid sideways into a telephone pole. i hit the pole directly behind the front passenger wheel and in front of the door.

After the cops showed up, one started saying that i was street racing and was going to arrest me, he also threatened to hit me. alot of witnesses showed up, most of them homeless looking so not too much credibility, they started telling the cops that a truck pulled out in front of me, but when the cops asked me i admitted that there was no truck, i got a ticket for careless driving.

The huge problem is that i only have liability coverage on the car so i wont be recieving any money from the insurance company for the damage to my car. and it sucks because the last week and a half, ive been debating whether or not i should call and switch to comprehensive, unfortunately i didnt. The car is at a friends dad's body shop now, i'll be going today to see if it can be fixed or if it's for sure totaled, i have mixed feelings about what i want though because i love the car, but i dont want them to fix it and have it come back with the usual sqeeks and quarkiness of a car that been in an accident, I'd almost like to grab another SC for pretty cheap and do a manual tranny swap with all the other stuff that was on my current car.

So right now i'm a little confused and not sure what to think, but oh well, no one was hurt luckily and in the end thats what really matters because my two passengers were two of my best friends.

And dont worry all you picture *****s, i'll have some soon lol.
Old 12-27-07, 07:41 AM
surferlife
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im so sorry dude. yeah, go buy another sc for cheap as hell and swap everything. you could probably get the paint how you want it on your new sc before you do the swap. then part your old sc out for dinero$. i always say, use every mistake as an opprotunity to do something better.
-kevin
Old 12-27-07, 08:22 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear that man - unfortunate about the insurance

Jonny
Old 12-27-07, 08:58 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

damn that sucks man, but good to know you and ur passengers were unharmed.
Old 12-27-07, 09:32 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

sorry to hear that man, i have a spare sc if you need one. red/black 95.
Old 12-27-07, 09:47 AM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about that man... Im in your shoes as far as the insurance goes... Glad no one was hurt...
Old 12-27-07, 09:56 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

sorry to hear that man.
Old 12-27-07, 10:37 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

ya, its a bummer but oh well, i guess all i can do is move on. It sucks to have this hard of a lesson to show me to be a little more careful from now on. Now i have to find an SC in the 3k price range.
Old 12-27-07, 10:40 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Sorry to hear, I stay with full coverage regardless especially if you mod a car in anyway.
Old 12-27-07, 10:49 AM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

damn dude that blows hard sorry to hear about that
Old 12-27-07, 10:54 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CCC-TT
Now i have to find an SC in the 3k price range.
I have one for $2500

Jonny
Old 12-27-07, 12:31 PM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Glad your okay bro!!
Old 12-27-07, 12:32 PM
habitat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CCC-TT
As i was going through the turn, i was in second and decided to shift into third to stop myself from accelerating faster, apparently this was a bad idea because after being in third for a second or two, the back end came out from under me and i got completely sideways
It would seem that you were going fast enough that you would need to keep on the gas to be going in the right direction. Can I assume that you may have shifted to third gear while inside of the turn, thus causing your rear tires to loose traction.
Old 12-27-07, 12:46 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry that had to happen to you. Don't worry, it'll all work out. I've had something like that almost happen while I was going fast with an older turbo 240SX on the Interstate when I first got my SC. My tires started to squeal while taking a turn very fast but luckily I didn't spin out or go sideways because I hit the brakes.

But I pretty much did something close to what happened to you with my old Civic. It was raining hard and I was taking a curve and suddenly the tail swings out and ended up going onto some grass in someone's yard and hitting a tree on my passenger-side door.

I hate insurance companies and acehole cops. Look on craigslist.org for a new one.

Last edited by SClean4; 12-27-07 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-27-07, 03:28 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry about what happened Bobby. Its crazy what a 1jz does to some people. I helped one of my friends up in gainesville swap his a few years back and he totalled it within a few weeks.

Let me know how it all turns out for you. If you plan on getting into something other than an SC let me know. I might take the motor off your hands.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: so i'm pretty sure it's totaled.