SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Just want you to know...(Snow Thread)

Old 12-05-07, 05:59 PM
TreyGSR
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just want you to know...(Snow Thread)

...That I HATE the snow...my 40 mile commute to work, down roads people do not know how to drive on is ridiculous. I'm usually not a nervous driver but other people can be so careless and foolish on the road. Not to mention the SC is the perfect snow/ice driving machine. anyways there go my 2 cents... anyone else hate it?

ps. (its only fun to do donuts in parking lots)
Old 12-05-07, 06:11 PM
Toshima
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Move to tx I have never seen snow and if the roads get icy no one goes to work. I got 2 days off last year because the roads got icy.
Old 12-05-07, 06:24 PM
schwarz
Pole Position

It's a common occurance around here right after the first snow. After people get past that first one, it gets better...usually.
Old 12-05-07, 06:29 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

snow is no fun! i live in NE. and we are getting asupposedly the ice storm of ice storms
Old 12-05-07, 06:55 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am in wisconsin an i have gotten stuck 2x and slide out 1 time + i have no heat
Old 12-05-07, 07:16 PM
gorilaFART
Pole Position

i live in southern california, and we get no snow... whomp whomp =(
Old 12-05-07, 07:30 PM
Harbinger
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Toshima
Move to tx I have never seen snow and if the roads get icy no one goes to work. I got 2 days off last year because the roads got icy.
people here can barely drive in the rain, so snow(we've had a little bit here and there over the past several years) and ice shut down the whole place. people think it's the apocalypse or something.
Old 12-05-07, 07:32 PM
TreyGSR
Rookie

haha lucky u warm weather people, and you northern people, I feel for you, im in MD which doesnt get nearly as much as NE or Wisconsin, so I def. can understand. The thing about my area, people just suck at driving in it, NY gets snow and the drivers arent as bad, but DC/MD/VA the mixing bowl, a lot of out of town people move here for work etc. but it can be a warzone....today i saw a comcast (cable network truck) flipped over and smashed all the way to the bottom of the window...he didnt survive...
Old 12-05-07, 07:35 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

Same boat as you man, and the GS is not at all friendly with the snow =\
Old 12-05-07, 07:51 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Snow sucks...and everyone in Chicago turns into morons the minute the roads turn white.

Ummm Hi!!! You've lived here for 13 years now...I'm sure you've driven in this before.

Then...you have the oh-so-brilliant people who have Tahoe's and think they can run around at ramming speed while talking on the phone and breast feeding one of the four fertility med produced bundles of wonder.

Yes Cindy Joe, you have traction...But four wheel drive does "Jack" for braking.

Cindy wont figure that out when she slams through my Lexus wedging my mangled body between the front diff and bumper. She might notice some blood dripping from under the car, after taking up two parking spots to get her scrap booking supplies and Mocha-choka-half-calf-soy-protein-frappuccino. She'll call her six figure husband who just whacked his 401K to pay for the new 36D floatation devices she's making sure everyone sees. She'll tell him the Tahoe's leaking red "oily stuff" and He needs to get her a Lexus with a Bow for Christmas.

Sorry...havent been on here for a while. Just letting it all out.
Old 12-05-07, 08:04 PM
dirkdiggle
Driver

I live in Wisconsin so snow can get pretty bad. Prior to the first snow this year, I was very very nervous about driving my SC400 through the snow considering it has V8, rear wheel drive etc.......
I have to say that my sc400 handles very well in the snow. I have dunlop snow tires and it seems to handle better than most front wheel drive cars I have owned in the past.
Anyone else love driving there SC400 in this winter wonderland?? I do!!
Old 12-05-07, 08:07 PM
SickSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
Snow sucks...and everyone in Chicago turns into morons the minute the roads turn white.

Ummm Hi!!! You've lived here for 13 years now...I'm sure you've driven in this before.

Then...you have the oh-so-brilliant people who have Tahoe's and think they can run around at ramming speed while talking on the phone and breast feeding one of the four fertility med produced bundles of wonder.

Yes Cindy Joe, you have traction...But four wheel drive does "Jack" for braking.

Cindy wont figure that out when she slams through my Lexus wedging my mangled body between the front diff and bumper. She might notice some blood dripping from under the car, after taking up two parking spots to get her scrap booking supplies and Mocha-choka-half-calf-soy-protein-frappuccino. She'll call her six figure husband who just whacked his 401K to pay for the new 36D floatation devices she's making sure everyone sees. She'll tell him the Tahoe's leaking red "oily stuff" and He needs to get her a Lexus with a Bow for Christmas.

Sorry...havent been on here for a while. Just letting it all out.

uummm... ok.. you may need anger management Matt lol jk

people do turn into idiots when it snows. when i drive my tundra i still freak out about spinning out of control. once i get into my neighborhood i may drift some corners tho.
Old 12-05-07, 08:10 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SickSC3
uummm... ok.. you may need anger management Matt lol jk
What can I say...Snow makes me mad.
Old 12-05-07, 08:11 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i do hate the snow but more so for the fact its cold, car is constantly looks terrible, doors freeze shut, gas lid, lol. otherwise i have no problem actually driving in it. driven the car everyday here in Chicago for the past 5 years.

it is interesting though driving on summer tires atm as i keep forgetting to buy a pair of new tires for the stock 16's this winter.
Old 12-05-07, 08:17 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i love driving in the snow. i dont like the fact that my car is lowered and i get stuck occasionally. i already experienced my first snow here at school at NIU and it was awesome. some drifting action. im daily driving in this weather on a welded diff, 5sp, and no TRAC.....surprisingly not that bad. rear wheel drive makes it even easier to drive. i dont have to turn a corner. i just give it some gas, have it come around and im facing where i need to go. yeah im kinda lazy. lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just want you to know...(Snow Thread)