SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

no seat memory after 5spd swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-10, 02:14 PM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Right! I forgot you were 5 speed. I don't think behind the glove box, I think under the carpet on the passenger side. just a guess....
Old 12-19-10, 04:03 PM
BBriBro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ishootstuf

I have looked at this exact diagram before and never even noticed the two different locations for the ECU. In my other thread, everyone was convinced it was up there near the clutch pedal. DOH Thanks so much for "making" me revisit this You do have to remove the glove box, and the structural lower dash bar, then it's in plain sight, mine was green though, not white. I found the gray wire at B6, made a little jumper and grounded it under a nearby screw and voila the seat memory works !! This is great news, even though I'm the only driver, LOL.
Old 12-19-10, 04:15 PM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

You grounded it and now it works? Cool. I wonder why it broke in the first place since you are a factory 5 speed. I had to give mine 12v.

It's funny that you mention you have seen that pic before. I actually almost posted that pic with the location under the steering wheel circled, and while editing the picture, the other location caught my eye. I had never noticed it before either - and I have looked at it over and over as well!
Old 12-19-10, 04:55 PM
BBriBro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You grounded it and now it works?
yep, pretty easy really, but I was so frustrated months ago when I was determined to fix it and couldn't even find the damn ECU LOL.
I wonder why it broke in the first place since you are a factory 5 speed.
Exactly ! I was thinking the same thing.
Old 12-19-10, 06:54 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what is the cure for an auto without cruise or memory seats? my CRUISE light comes on when i push the button but i do not stay at a constant speed ive tried all the options on the cruise control stalk. my memory seats do not work either and it is plugged in. does neone have the wiring diagram for this?
Old 12-20-10, 05:40 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

To make the memory seats work, you need to cut the gray wire on pin B6 of the Tilt\Telescopic ECU under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Run 12v from a switched power source to the ECU side of the cut wire.

To get cruise working again, snip the black and white wire on pin 2 of the cruise ECU above the brake pedal. If you want the clutch to cancel the cruise, you'll need to wire it up the switch on the clutch pedal.
Old 08-15-14, 03:56 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Nova
what is the cure for an auto without cruise or memory seats? my CRUISE light comes on when i push the button but i do not stay at a constant speed ive tried all the options on the cruise control stalk. my memory seats do not work either and it is plugged in. does neone have the wiring diagram for this?
I realize this is a 4 year old question, but I just found this thread and it never was marked as resolved, so I might as well lend a possible solution for anyone else visiting. My CC didn't work initially, in addition to my seat memory. They turned out to be unrelated, not that I ever considered otherwise... I had a huge amount of slack in my CC throttle cable. Once I tightened that up, it worked fine. With all that slack, I guess the cable couldn't hold the throttle in place.

I've been under the assumption that my seat memory not working is due to a dead telescoping wheel motor, but now I'm wondering if it's just a bad signal to the seat memory ECU.

To make the memory seats work, you need to cut the gray wire on pin B6 of the Tilt\Telescopic ECU under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Run 12v from a switched power source to the ECU side of the cut wire.
I'm confused by the conflicting instructions of grounding B6 or adding switched 12V power. Does B6 normally receive power and the problem is that wire gets damaged and loses its signal? Or is B6 normally a ground and providing power overcomes some other problem?
Old 08-15-14, 05:15 PM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Sorry, it's been so long since I did anything with the 5 speed swap, I just don't remember.
Old 08-15-14, 05:58 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Haha, I didn't expect you to be the one to respond all this time later. I was posing the question for anyone who happened to read it and have some idea.

Mine is an unswapped A/T, by the way, so there's no real reason to think it's something directly related to this thread's topic. I'm more curious if something there could have gone wrong that's worth testing the B6 wiring.
Old 08-15-14, 07:33 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

im having this problem right now, so I cut B6 on the passenger side ecu and ground it? or so I run 12v to it?