SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Oh....the pain....

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-07, 12:17 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oh....the pain....

I was backed into today by some lady on the damn cell phone! I just got my car out of the body shop a few months ago and now it's being re-admitted....I wasn't even mad, hell it wouldn't be right to blow up on her even though it's her fault...BUT

What did I do to deserve this? I mean, I'm probably the nicest dude around and this kinda of shat happens to me...I left work early to start a 2 week vacaton to rehabilitate my foot(torn ligament) and this happens on the way home!!! When it rains, it POURS I tell ya!

oh well, I guess it could have been worse...My damn Saints better win tonight...
Old 09-24-07, 12:21 PM
SC300Dori
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks dude
Old 09-24-07, 12:28 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, that sucks. I hope her insurance pays for it. This is one reason I park my car away from most of the other cars in a parking lot. The advantages to this are you get some good exercise walking from parking so far away and also lessens the chances of door dings and things like you unfortunately experienced.

Some people just can't operate a vehicle and talk on a cell phone at the same time. I, on the other hand, have no problems operating a car while talking on a cell phone when it's necessary, etc. I don't do it often, though. I was almost hit and sideswiped by a woman in an SUV talking on her cell phone a few months ago (not in my SC, though; in my old Civic). Bad drivers annoy the hell out of me sometimes.
Old 09-24-07, 12:48 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

damn, i woulda punched the hoe in the teeth lol
Old 09-24-07, 02:22 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's going to be an expensive fix. At least it wasn't a hit and run.
Old 09-24-07, 02:25 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

sorry for that bro- good luck getting her fixed
Old 09-24-07, 03:12 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

damn P...maybe time to roll both sides flat and flare a lil bit? Maybe a blessing in disguise? Just a thought...

Hope your foot gets better too, I hate injuries...I feel ya..
Old 09-24-07, 04:08 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

duuuuuuude, oh no! that's sucks phuong! something similar happened to me and my gold car a few years back. the worst part was that the girl who hit me tried to blame it on me...in the end, insurance paid for it, but it was a pain in the a$$ to deal with. good luck with it all.
Old 09-24-07, 04:21 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
damn P...maybe time to roll both sides flat and flare a lil bit? Maybe a blessing in disguise? Just a thought...

Hope your foot gets better too, I hate injuries...I feel ya..
I'm already there man...I spoke to my bodyshop guy and told hime to throw in the fender roll for me
I gotta get them ready for the new wheels...and good thing I haven't got them yet. Otherwise, they would have been damaged...

Originally Posted by howiedoit
duuuuuuude, oh no! that's sucks phuong! something similar happened to me and my gold car a few years back. the worst part was that the girl who hit me tried to blame it on me...in the end, insurance paid for it, but it was a pain in the a$$ to deal with. good luck with it all.
Yeah man, what a pain in the butt so far...at least she admitted it. Her car only had a few scrapes and scratches...a new puke green Mustang. I'm going to drop it off at to the bodyshop soon....It just sucks because my ride will be down again...Oh well, I'll let them work on it while I'm in Vegas
Old 09-24-07, 05:48 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

haha dude
i dont wanna be sexist or anything.. on sunday while we were hanging out... one of my friend's.. friend who happens to be a chick.. asked if someone wanted to ride with her.. well my bro rode with her and.. EVERYONE already knew that was a bad call..

when she put her car on R.. she guns it.. and im like **** wtf.. shes gunna crash..

and what do u know.. she hits a person's trailor right on the spot.. (no damage to the trailor.. only damage to her corolla)

pretty funny stuff.. but damn..
Old 09-24-07, 06:12 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i was in the car screaming O_O''
Old 09-24-07, 06:42 PM
marauders4
Driver School Candidate

Sorry if this is too much to ask but what was the estimate?

I have a similiar dent but the local body shops estimates seem to be really high. Some people should not allowed to use their cell phone but I don't like the some of the new laws banning use in the car
Old 09-24-07, 07:33 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

Damn, sorry to hear that! Come back bigger and stronger.
Old 09-24-07, 09:00 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man sorry to hear man, damn people don't pay attention on their cells. I remember reading the thread where it showed the progress of your car. Fortunately it doesn't look too bad, so your car can comeback as good as ever.
Old 09-24-07, 09:12 PM
SCwidaGTE
Driver

haha. "hardtop" in your sig

Quick Reply: Oh....the pain....