So after I did my 1J swap my airbag light came on, must of tripped something, so I thought about it and remembered from my friends toyota camry that when he fixed it after the accident he just plugged a new module and airbags and the airbag light dissapeared. Unlike Honda's which you have to Reset even if module is new and airbags are new.
So I was like prolly the airbag module has a battery capable of holding memory if something is tripped. So........
1. I unhooked the battery on my car
2. Unscrewed the 4 screws behind the steering wheel
3. unplugged the yellow cable for the airbag and just for good measure i left the airbag unplugged overnight
4. replugged the airbag and screwed it back on
5. plugged in the battery and the airbag light went away.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
That doesn't sound too easy and it can be dangerous. I'd rather stick a paper clip in the terminal and be done.
Link? It has been a while since i was in the SC scene so I am guessing things have changed. Back in the day, you had to do some big routine that a lot of times didn't work. Have times changed? I don't need to do it, just curious...