Japan spec C's supercharger for the SC4

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-01, 11:18 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Japan spec C's supercharger for the SC4

Gang,

Does anyone have the HyperRev for the Soarer? C's makes the complete bolt on roots style supercharger for the SC400. I mean its complete down to the last clamp and hose. It even comes with the ECU.

Import this setup and you will have turn key power. At list price this thing would cost us 6 or 7k. But, any shop in Japan sells for 40% off list....that brings it down to 4k.

I would buy for 4k + shipping...no questions asked.
Old 12-31-01, 04:34 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Japan spec C's supercharger for the SC4

Just remember the ECU won't be correctly set for our cars. We have different smog stuff, and they use 100octane gas. Put that kit on a US sped car and run 93octane, you're likely to get a loud boom and watch various pistons and rods impale the hood and go flying off into space. Neat, but not good.

That kit would work if you got the ECU custom tuned...and I've heard of a few people around here talk about custom tuned ECU's...

SR

Originally posted by ToyLexmods
Gang,

Does anyone have the HyperRev for the Soarer? C's makes the complete bolt on roots style supercharger for the SC400. I mean its complete down to the last clamp and hose. It even comes with the ECU.

Import this setup and you will have turn key power. At list price this thing would cost us 6 or 7k. But, any shop in Japan sells for 40% off list....that brings it down to 4k.

I would buy for 4k + shipping...no questions asked.
Old 12-31-01, 09:20 AM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Cmputer,

Yes, I know about the gas octane and different computer. I think its only the lack of a egr system that makes the 2 different...and yes, the timing curve. At most, I would think a new timing program and your set with this JDM spec computer. Heck, take the egr off while your at it.

EGR is long gone on both my Supra's, they are fine tuned to deliver max hp and will pass any smog station. The egr is very dangerous to a highly tuned big hp car.....when your fine tuned and creating 1550 degree egt temps...its no good to have this exhaust recirculated back into the engine ;-) Heh?

Has anyone seen the pics of the C's supercharger? It is a work of art!
Old 12-31-01, 10:24 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ToyLexmods
creating 1550 degree egt temps...its no good to have this exhaust recirculated back into the engine

"why is my oil boiling again?"

LOL

SR
Old 12-31-01, 10:38 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Can someone post the URL where the C's Supercharger is described on the net?
Old 12-31-01, 12:16 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

yeah, Link please!
My ECU will let me re-tune for all the necessary variables, so I could buy that puppy and just tune the hell out of it on the dyno.
Damn for 4 grand I'll buy one next week...
Old 12-31-01, 02:53 PM
808state
Driver

fyi...for those of you who don't frequent the tuner hardcore section of clublexus:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=supercharger
http://www.cs-comrade.co.jp/menu.html

looks as though jbrady had inquired about one for his ls400... cheapest way might be if you know anyone in japan or just go on one of those tours to japan to check out those japanese car shows...was only like $1400 for the 1 week tour(you see them in superstreet mag and they fly out of cali). might cost a little more with those many trips to soapland while you are there
Old 12-31-01, 03:19 PM
808state
Driver

btw, i'm not really up to date as to who imports stuff nowdays from japan but back in '93, when i was looking for parts for my aw11 mr2, there was this company that sold c's short shifters and trust products called TA performance. not sure if they are around though (i still have their flyer though)... but if you want to try
TA performance or T/P perfomance
75 madison avenue
clifton, nj 07011-2716
(201)773-4200

actually, i doubt they are still around...but you never know.
Old 12-31-01, 04:10 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Yes, thanks for link.

C's is the real deal. Take a look at the lineup of parts....that exhaust is a work of art...those headers. Holy smokes! Take a look at the Japan spec compression....11.2:1. Holy smokes! ;-)

A note... C's makes a P/S controller, looks like a piggy back to the PS computer with a rheostat type of resistor or pot. Wonder if it firms up the steering feel?

Somebody get a hookup to import this stuff! I dont give a ratts a@$ if its for JDM spec emissions and 100 octane...I will tune it to my specs and dump the EGR system.
Old 12-31-01, 07:16 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Oh,

Almost forgot....C's makes a big brake kit, cams, pistons, stroker kit and heck even a complete stroked 4.7 long block....all for the SC4. Go figure, nobody imports this stuff.
Old 12-31-01, 07:16 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Those guys are kinda nuts... I want a blower that fits the motor, I'll worry about tuning and computers on my own time. I wonder if that LS motor there is still enough of a 1UZ-FE to fit the blower on my car w/no mods. I think I'm gonna smog my car when it comes up in summer, then just plan on moving out of this f***ing place, and mod the hell out of the car.
Old 01-01-02, 01:41 PM
mjames08
Pole Position

there are plenty of shops in Oakland that will smog you car for a few extra $$$
Old 01-01-02, 05:55 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds enticing... hey you're over in Dublin, have you been to any meets? Done anything to your car?
Old 01-01-02, 06:53 PM
mjames08
Pole Position

20" KMC Chrome Rims, Eibachs, Eclipse head unit, Eclipse 6 disc In-dash changer.. Waiting on my new rotors.. I'm gonna repaint and re-tint soon, then get the ECU / Intake from WR... I'd like to go to a meet sometime..
Old 01-02-02, 07:56 AM
'S'Low Rider
Driver

Post C's Blower.....

The roots blower from C's also requires the bonnet to be modified.....the only Soarer I've ever seen with this mod is the beautiful white 'rag top' with the Auto Couture body kit.

On a more positive note Toyota Racing Development (TRD) will be releasing a 4.7ltr stroker kit in the future. The word is that this will be available for the 1UZ-FE for our Soarers ( your SC400's ).......its being tested on the Ivan Stewart truck.......

If you want parts for the SC400, use the 'weight' of Club Lexus and knock loudly on TRD's door.
Attached Thumbnails Japan spec C's supercharger for the SC4-blower.jpg  

Quick Reply: Japan spec C's supercharger for the SC4